Speculation: Who will Management target as the next Head Coach?

Who will be Head Coach?

• Barry Trotz

Votes: 20 29.4%
  • Mike Sulivan

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • Andrew Brunette

Votes: 10 14.7%
  • Jeremy Colliton

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • Rickard Gronberg

Votes: 12 17.6%

• Total voters

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
I really wanted him a long time ago. It does appear he has a short shelf life.
Yes. But he has probably learned something from those experiences. He had an issue with young players in Ott. As did Michell Tharrien and Alain Vignault with their stints. All guys from the Q. But they know how to win.

Steamer

Jul 12, 2009
In the nosebleeds
Was he the wrong coach last year?

Care to explain why you think he's "clearly the wrong coach" for this team?
Simple, his career has proven he can't win in the playoffs because his teams don't have a defensive system that is good enough to win in the playoffs. Lots of fire power but no structure and system, ala Tampa. The things that Juice was talking about to the team. A team with this weak a defence needs serious structure.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
I still do not understand why Rutherford did this weird hatchet job in the public...

What is he gaining from it?

Also him claiming that the roster is fine and that the system is at fault really really worries me...

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Michel Therrien
Guy Boucher
Alain Vignault

Or Pascal Vincent

Pascal Vincent, Manitoba Moose head coach

The 49-year-old Vincent is a Laval, Quebec, native -- which makes him an obvious inevitable candidate for the Montreal Canadiens gig; but, he's earned a spot in that conversation. He's been successful at every level, including being named the QMJHL Coach of the Year in 2008 and the AHL's most outstanding coach in 2018.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Michel Therrien
Guy Boucher
Alain Vignault

Or Pascal Vincent

The 49-year-old Vincent is a Laval, Quebec, native -- which makes him an obvious inevitable candidate for the Montreal Canadiens gig; but, he's earned a spot in that conversation. He's been successful at every level, including being named the QMJHL Coach of the Year in 2008 and the AHL's most outstanding coach in 2018.
I’d say that Martin St Louis has the Habs coaching job for as long as he wants it..won’t be a vacancy there anytime soon

I’d rather have a recycled NHL coach with a proven track record than a rookie..

• Haha
Reactions: Kevinsane

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Is it bad that I want Babcock just for the entertainment value?

Aquilini will want the big name and he will think Babs will discipline the players, like the Torts hire.

disgust-gross.gif

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
Michel Therrien
Guy Boucher
Alain Vignault

Or Pascal Vincent

Please, no more Alain Vignault.

i rather have Marc Crawford.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Crawford is probably the most similar to Boudreau available. That wouldn't be a good move.

Alain Vignault could keep us in a lot of these games with his trapping system
I would be super pumped with AV. I don’t know if it will be good but I would be super pumped for a week…

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
I’d say that Martin St Louis has the Habs coaching job for as long as he wants it..won’t be a vacancy there anytime soon

I’d rather have a recycled NHL coach with a proven track record than a rookie..
The Frenchies all coach a similar style.

Maybe Alex Burrows coaches that way. Guy Boucher told the GM of the Sens to acquire Burrows to play his system. And they did that and had success

Steamer

Jul 12, 2009
In the nosebleeds
After the terrible start JR throw BB under the bus so he can justify firing him at some point in the season or at teh end of the season he will be gone. I wasn't a big fan of BB's hiring because he won't take you anywhere in playoffs. However, he did a great job last year. He isn't there coach and they didn't give him any help on defence outside of possibly Bear. I want Trotz but given his statement, he must think the Loafs will be making a change because I don't see him going to Chi Town or Motown. They're going to let Bruce hang himself with this team and bring in their guy next year. I don't think they will go back to the Pittsburgh well again so I would suggest someone working as an assistant but who had a previous tenure as a head coach.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
LOLOL

Babcock would be amazing.
Guy alienates everyone.

First practice he would do that same crap he did with Marner where he wanted a written essay about the laziest veteran on the roster.

Orr4Norris

Mar 2, 2018
LOLOL

Babcock would be amazing.
Guy alienates everyone.

First practice he would do that same crap he did with Marner where he wanted a written essay about the laziest veteran on the roster.
It’d be fun to read that essay

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad