Who will be the steal of the draft?

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Rocco is gunna Rock the nhl.

I think Jurco will offset the Schremp disaster.

and...

That swiss kid is gunna show up nino. And i'm a nino fan.

Agree about Bartschi (I assume that's the Swiss kid you speak of).

If RNH,AL,GL,JH,SC are drafted 1-5 I really hope, as a Sens fan, Murray takes a good look at Bartschi, even if that means trading down.

Something about Bartschi reminds me of Zach Parise, and I can't really put my finger on it. Also the kid stays on the ice 45 mins after practice, love the dedication to the craft.

Not that I don't think Strome will be a good player, I just don't think he would be the right fit for Ottawa.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Connor Murphy, a big, swift skating blueliner and son of former NHLer Gord Murphy could be one of those guys that gets picked higher than expected and ends up being better than most.

MarcPiquesFan

Oct 12, 2009
Hull
Jean-Gabriel Pageau, for sure! Not a big guy, but who cares, he can do magic with his hands! A great guy too. You'll have no off-ice problem with him. Hardworker, clutch goal scorer, top-10 goal scorer, PK guy (he scored a 3-on-5 goal!), PP guy, face-off man (League leader), what else can you ask?

bjtkyo

Mar 2, 2011
Ryan Murphy and Sean Couturier, based on how they've dropped in the rankings.

Sproul
Rask, if he gets his act together.

Any Russian ranked in the 1st round at the time of the draft will be taken lower than they should be, because of the whole KHL/NHL transfer debacle.

headsigh

leave at once!
Oct 5, 2008
Atlanta
ofthesouth.blogspot.com
Grimaldi-bust. Steal- Reece Scarlett, Laurent Brossoit.

I would be very surprised if Grimaldi busted. At worst he'll still make it on an NHL team similar to Nathan Gerbe, at best, he's the American Marty St. Louis. Some team's going to be very happy with him at the end of the day.

I agree with Brossoit though, kid has swag.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Dan Catenacci

Zack Phillips

Matt Pumepel

Thomas Jurco

This draft isn't quite as bad as people say, the top three aren't as skilled and franchise type as other years, but a lot stars may be hidden in the later rounds.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
KUCHEROV is a "wildcard" not a sleeper pick ....After destrying the scoring competition at the World U-18's he can't be considered a sleeper pick -rather just a RISK pick as to how long he will remain on the board...tHE KHL factor..the ruskkie having to adjust to NA rinks and style of game over here ....but on "talent" he is right up there with the best ofthis draft --but because of the RISK in the circumstances he may last into round 2 or even round 3 ...

MAGNUS HELLBERG because Central Scouting had him rise to 2nd highest ranked euro goalie on their Final Ranking --is also no longer a sleeper pick ... He could go round 2 now --certainly no later than the top ten of round #3..

So who are the real sleepers now? These are later round picks --certainly NOT coming off the board in the top 100:

Look to U.S. highschoolers :

MICHAEL MCKEE (D) KENT H.S. (CT) 6'5 230 --a "baby" for this draft (AUG '93 birthdte) ---#144 NA skater Central Scouting...yet singled out for noting by REdline's Kyle Woodlief as a name you should know --he compares this kid to KEVIN HATCHER ... if I heard Woodlief correctly --this kid only went to defenseman this season so he has a forward's abilities with puck skills but also the huge size ALREADY to be an imposing blueliner on he back-end.. He could get bigger -a frightening special/ unique impact projection --a difference-maker ? Byfuglien type uniueness? Well its a long way off -nevertheless you want a slleper pick -this kid might be "IT".

rmartin65

Apr 7, 2011
Look to U.S. highschoolers :

MICHAEL MCKEE (D) KENT H.S. (CT) 6'5 230 --a "baby" for this draft (AUG '93 birthdte) ---#144 NA skater Central Scouting...yet singled out for noting by REdline's Kyle Woodlief as a name you should know --he compares this kid to KEVIN HATCHER ... if I heard Woodlief correctly --this kid only went to defenseman this season so he has a forward's abilities with puck skills but also the huge size ALREADY to be an imposing blueliner on he back-end.. He could get bigger -a frightening special/ unique impact projection --a difference-maker ? Byfuglien type uniueness? Well its a long way off -nevertheless you want a slleper pick -this kid might be "IT".

What other information do you have on this kid?! 6'5" 230 lbs at 17 years old? Damn. And the fact that he played forward earlier is certainly intriguing, I wonder why they switched him.

Im Old Gregggg

Jun 22, 2010
Kitchener, On
i have 3 guys on my steal list:

- Sproul: i think he'll make a big name for himself in the pros, prob late 2nd/early 3rd

- Jurco: All the skills of schremp, none of the headcase that came with it, big offensive potential, grand slam or strikeout, prob mid 2nd, but i see a very late 1st

- Zibanejed: Yes i know hes most likely set in stone in the top 10, but i strongly feel he will be the best player from this draft all said and done, same with ryan murphy on the D side
i would move heaven and earth for the leafs to trade up and nab him, would be our sundin (lite) 2.0

none of these guys are gonna be late round gems but i think looking back in a few years people will be scratching their heads why they werent taken higher

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad