Who will be the steal of the draft?

Pajicz

Mar 22, 2011
What about Myles Bell? He's really wild card now after the accident, and nobody really seems to know his situation (or least I haven't heard about him lately).

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
CertifiedPublicGuin on the Pens board mentioned Marek Tvrdon (Vancouver Giants) who could fall into this category. Had a good start to his WHL career (12GP 6G 5A 11PTS) but had his season cut short by a shoulder injury. He already has NHL size though so he might not last to the 4th round.

Lottery Oilers*

Victor Berglind

Ranked 22nd Euro skater

5'11 Defender that has good skills and solid compete level

10 goals, 33 points, 54 PIMs in SuperElite.

-J18 Allsvenskan (Playoffs) Best Defenseman 09/10
- J18 Allsvenskan Champion 09/10
- J18 Elit (West) Most Assists by Defenseman 08/09
- J18 Elit (West) Most Points by Defenseman 08/09
- J20 SuperElit (North) Most Points by Defenseman 10/11
- J20 SuperElit (Overall) Most Assists by Defenseman 10/11
- J20 SuperElit (Top 8) Most Goals by Defenseman 09/10
- J20 SuperElit Champion 08/09
- J20 SuperElit SM-silver Medal 09/10
- U18 WJC Most Assists by Defenseman 09/10
- U18 WJC Silver Medal 09/10

He could possibly be a Letang type, though I don't know if his skating is as good.

T.J. Tynan

I believe he is unranked.

He went undrafted last year despite putting up 72 points in the USHL as a rookie because he is only 5'9.

This year, in his first year in NCAA he put up staggering 54 points for Notre Dame, which tied him for 7th in entire nation.

Joey Laleggia

Tiny defender from BCHL that has put up huge numbers. Went undrafted last year despite putting up 65 points in 54 games. This year he kicked it up to 82 points in 58 games. I believe he is also unranked. Slotted to play at U. Denver next season.

Last edited by a moderator:

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
2 from the QMJHL

Jean-Gabriel Pageau C 5"9 164lbs Gatineau
no clue how this kid wasn't not rank at all by central scouting, yes he's small but he's a good skater with great hockey sense. A great penalty killer and has a reputation of scoring big goal. Went head to head with Sean Couturier in the 2nd round and outplayed him in their series. Hard worker as well. Finnish playoff as the 3rd leading scorer in the Q playoff. Lets hope NHL scouts have taken notice. Need to get bigger and stronger but he has that "it" factor that make me a believer in him.

Reg.sea : 67gp-32g-47a-79pts-22pim+23
Playoff : 24gp-13g-16a-29pts-20pim+9

VIDEO

Alexandre Grenier Rw 6"5 200lbs Quebec
amazing story, Grenier is a 91 who was playing JRAAA until christmas got a chance to play for the Remparts and now has a chance to get pick in the nhl draft. Huge kid at 6"5 and 200+lbs and still growing (heard he was at 215 now), for someone that big he move well (as seen in the video link below) and has great hands. Total case of a late bloomer here, never played midjetAAA (similar to David Perron) and i believe he was cut in his first try to play JRAAA. Kind of look like a Eric Daze type player. Will get knock for being soft but can't deny his size and scoring potential. Really had a strong playoff like Pageau wich should have help his stock for the nhl draft. if he doesnt get pick nhl team would be smart to sign him or at least give him an invitatin for their rookie camp

reg.sea: 31gp-9g-15a-24pts-6pim-1
playoff: 15gp-8g-8a-16pts-4pim+4

VIDEO

Michael Gary Scott

Toronto Maple Tron's
Apr 27, 2010
Blake Coleman. Could go in the 3rd, but Id expect maybe in the 4th or 5th because hes an overager. But hes incredibly talented and has a ton of sand paper to go along with great scoring ability.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
A few overage defensemen I really like:

Brenden Kichton - undersized and overaged in the WHL but 81 points in 64 games as a defenseman is impressive no matter what.

Jyrki Jokipakka - big two-way defenseman, looked great at WJCs and U20s.

Alexei Marchenko - seen more than one comparison to a poor man's Andrei Markov, health issues might have scared teams off last year.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Blake Coleman. Could go in the 3rd, but Id expect maybe in the 4th or 5th because hes an overager. But hes incredibly talented and has a ton of sand paper to go along with great scoring ability.

He's the first guy I think of when one of these threads appears. He's older, but going to a good program after tearing up the USHL as a 19-year old.

Lottery Oilers*

I'm going to keep pimping Alessio Bertaggia. He was impressive in his illegal stint in Portland, and had a good season in Switzerland. The thing is, he's only 5'8".

Is that the kid nobody knew who was at Portland's training camp?

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
A few overage defensemen I really like:

Brenden Kichton - undersized and overaged in the WHL but 81 points in 64 games as a defenseman is impressive no matter what.

Jyrki Jokipakka - big two-way defenseman, looked great at WJCs and U20s.

Alexei Marchenko - seen more than one comparison to a poor man's Andrei Markov, health issues might have scared teams off last year.

The WJC is the U-20s.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
I see Ryan Sproul's name a lot in this thread. He seems like he has everything to be a first round pick, but he is rated closer to the third round? Why? Is it because he wasn't on the radar early enough in the season? Or, is there an issue with his skating? It seems like he has size/offense/physicality.....seems like he will be a real nice prospect for somebody.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
I see Ryan Sproul's name a lot in this thread. He seems like he has everything to be a first round pick, but he is rated closer to the third round? Why? Is it because he wasn't on the radar early enough in the season? Or, is there an issue with his skating? It seems like he has size/offense/physicality.....seems like he will be a real nice prospect for somebody.

His skating is a strength. He's a project but he's big, a good skater and has good shot which is a highly desirable package of skills, IMO he wont last past the 2nd round.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad