Speculation: Who Will Be Signed?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Too soon predictions....guys that will and won't be signed by the Habs end of 2024. WE will see if that changes....

SIGN
Davidson
Guindon (but he needs to get it going even more)
Tourigny
Tuch (for the sole reason of not having a lot of prospects like him....but he's been dissapointing)

DON'T SIGN
Biondi (though a AHL contract isn't out of the question
Nurmi
Smilanic
Gordin (if we have to choose now...I don't know)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Too soon predictions....guys that will and won't be signed by the Habs end of 2024. WE will see if that changes....

SIGN
Davidson
Tourigny
Tuch (for the sole reason of not having a lot of prospects like him....but he's been dissapointing)

DON'T SIGN
Nurmi
Smilanic

I think that is a fair list of prospects who will be signed or not.

I would actually like to see Gordin come over. But you get the sense he will stay in Russia and play out his entire career there.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

SIGN
Davidson
Tourigny

DON'T SIGN
Nurmi
Smilanic

Gordin is interesting but they don't have to sign him as his rights won't expire.

Biondi I will see soon, he's missed a lot of time to injury so we'll see if that impacted his skating even more, but he's picked up 5 pts in the last 2 games so we'll see how the year goes for him. It wouldn't be a bad idea for him to return to UMD for his 5th year.

Don D

Oct 15, 2017
And Tuch scores to make it 4-1 for BU. He has a goal and 2 assists so far in the 1st period.
No way Habs sign Tuch regardless of his totals this year. 41 points in 88 games at UM Duluth before tonight is not impressive. With all the prospects already signed, there is no room for him. Best of luck Blake!

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
No way Habs sign Tuch regardless of his totals this year. 41 points in 88 games at UM Duluth before tonight is not impressive. With all the prospects already signed, there is no room for him. Best of luck Blake!

I'm confused, are you talking about Blake Biondi or Luke Tuch?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

I would think they sign him, people said the same thing about Struble when he had 1 goal last year and I kept saying he would be signed. Tuch is less of a lock to be signed then Struble imo but we don't have players like him, although I believe he's gotten bad advice as he went from being a nasty piece of business to play against to trying to be a scorer.

I think he needs to be very physical but he's talked about how much energy that takes up. My guess is he wants to be more like his brother but not sure the skills are there for that kind of game.

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
I’ve been advocating for Tuch to be signed since last season. We don’t have other prospects in same mold and he would bring some diversity to the prospect pool.

Davidson should definitely get a contract too. It’s still a but early but he showed some nice things throughout camp.

I’d also sign Nurmi. There’s definitely something interesting with him. After contracting mononucleosis he played a big role with his team in Finland. He’s off to a pretty rough start this season, but there’s still time for him to turn it around.

With a good season, Guindon might get one too. Everything depends on how he performs for the rest of the season.

For Biondi, an AHL contract seems reasonable.

For Tourigny I would wait. I think he can become a good offensive defensemen at the AHL level. Better have one drafted than signing someone from elsewhere, especially when he’s from here.

The rest should all be let go.

Reactions: Nevins

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I think they'll sign Biondi.

Everything else looks right except maybe Gordin if he keeps up this hot streak.

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
I think a decision needs to be made on Rhett Pitlick by Aug 15th, 2024 as well.
Gordin's rights are indefinite

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
Pitlick is 2025. Below shows the dates:

Your source might be better than mine but here they have Pitlick listed at 2024:

Either way - I don't think he's getting signed so it doesn't matter much

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Your source might be better than mine but here they have Pitlick listed at 2024:

Either way - I don't think he's getting signed so it doesn't matter much

It's '25 because he's not a Senior. He delayed going to the NCAA an extra year so it gets pushed back, then he could go back for his 5th year if he wanted and it would push back to August of '26.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
It's really fun seeing Tuch starting to look like a legit prospect. Too bad it took him until his senior year to really turn that corner, I don't know if it's going to be enough progression to get his ELC in the end. He does have the option of staying in college for a 5th year because of the lost covid season, though.

Reactions: Redux91

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It's really fun seeing Tuch starting to look like a legit prospect. Too bad it took him until his senior year to really turn that corner, I don't know if it's going to be enough progression to get his ELC in the end. He does have the option of staying in college for a 5th year because of the lost covid season, though.

He will get his ELC. Lack of guys like that

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Maybe, they might like the overall package enough, even though he's not quite the sum of his parts. He does have a decent floor, that's the advantage with a prospect like that, he doesn't necessarily need to do a lot.

Yeah I think they will sign him. Add more beef which we know they value size. Someone else who can play a hard nosed style with enough offensive touch to advance play forward.

He's a guy you could even try with Suzuki Cole eventually because of what his style is.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Maybe, they might like the overall package enough, even though he's not quite the sum of his parts. He does have a decent floor, that's the advantage with a prospect like that, he doesn't necessarily need to do a lot.
I don't see why they wouldn't sign Tuch.

While his production haven't been wow in the NCAA in his first 3 seasons, he did improve other aspect of his game and now he seems to be picking up his offense which means there is still room for growth. Also, his physical package is lacking in the Habs prospect pool, even if he doesn't pan out as an NHLer, he's going to help out a rather small AHL team once he join.

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
Does anyone know if these Habs prospects will make the jump to the professionals next year (Rocket Laval, Habs Montreal or Trois Rivieres Lions)?LukeTuchRhett PittlickDavid ReinbacherOlivier KapanenFilip MesarLane HutsonAdam EngstromAlexander GordinPeteri Nurmi

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Does anyone know if these Habs prospects will make the jump to the professionals next year (Rocket Laval, Habs Montreal or Trois Rivieres Lions)?LukeTuch,Rhett Pittlick,David Reinbacher,Olivier Kapanen,Filip Mesar,Lane Hutson,Adam Engstrom,Alexander Gordin,Peteri Nurmi
Reinbacher, Hutson, Mesar and Tuch are locks imo.

Reactions: Nevins

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad