Speculation: Who Should Detroit Pick at 4th? (poll closes 9/30)

Who Should the Wings pick?

• Askarov

Votes: 14 8.5%
  • Drysdale

• Holtz

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Lundell

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Perfetti

Votes: 51 31.1%
  • Raymond

Votes: 63 38.4%
  • Rossi

• Sanderson

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Personally I think you need to have a lot of offense from the backend if you want to win. Seider seems like he'll be enough of a rock defensively that after watching him this year, I'm okay with him at 6 last year. But not wanting Sanderson has nothing to do with Seider... I just think he's a worse player than the Drysdale, Askarov and the top 10 forwards.
I just tried to say SY has a lot of options

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
The only surprising thing to me about the current poll results is just how little votes Drysdale has. Didn't he have the 2nd highest voting percentage in the first thread we had about this?

Reactions: SirloinUB

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Yzerman doesn't going to leak his choice, just like last year.
Perfetti is highly skilled and his hockey IQ is very high, but physically he is not ready for NHL for about 2-3 years.
Just like we get Zadina. We still don't know if Dobson was much better choice, and probably was.
Raymond is much better choice.
People said we don't need Sanderson, because he's identical to Seider. What's wrong to get identical to Seider. Rossi is older, but physically in my opinion NHL ready

And that's how you end up taking guys like Lawson Crouse or Ras before your should. (Yes I fully understand the two I mentioned are big body forwards but the logic applies.)

We shouldn't care if who we pick is ready NOW. If they take 3 years, they take 3 years or whatever. You're trying to get a decade of great hockey out of them not meh years.

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
And that's how you end up taking guys like Lawson Crouse or Ras before your should. (Yes I fully understand the two I mentioned are big body forwards but the logic applies.)

We shouldn't care if who we pick is ready NOW. If they take 3 years, they take 3 years or whatever. You're trying to get a decade of great hockey out of them not meh years.

i reckon ras was a raw pick who would take a few years to adjust to his frame to be NHL ready.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Yzerman doesn't going to leak his choice, just like last year.
Perfetti is highly skilled and his hockey IQ is very high, but physically he is not ready for NHL for about 2-3 years.
Just like we get Zadina. We still don't know if Dobson was much better choice, and probably was.
Raymond is much better choice.
People said we don't need Sanderson, because he's identical to Seider. What's wrong to get identical to Seider. Rossi is older, but physically in my opinion NHL ready

Yzerman might not but from all accounts Draper is a talker from a lot of accounts. You can say what you want based on skill sets but people in the know are saying Perfetti is loved by Detroit. There isnt any other talk about that for other prospects so right now the smart money is on Perfetti

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Why does Rossi’s age keep coming up? He’s two months older than Perfetti

Hes one of, if not the oldest player that will be drafted this year its obviously going to come up. But part of that is also that hes already physically mature so its unlikely to see as much growth there than other prospects. Perfetti is a little more than 3 months younger (not sure where youre getting 2 from) than Rossi but on top of that hes extremely immature physically so its not as big of a point of focus on people thinking his physical development may be closer to done

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015

PinkBraveCobra-size_restricted.gif

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
A week out, my preference is still Perfetti or Raymond (assuming the top three is chalk) but the more I think about Steve’s first year, the more I cant help but think Rossi will be the pick. I think Rossi is going to be a very good player that won’t be a disappointment at 4, but his upside isn’t that of the aforementioned players. The reason I think he is the pick is he embodies everything Yzerman has preached about what he wants in a player. The kid has hockey sense, he’s a tireless worker, he’s a leader, he’s a winner. I’m not a big intangibles guy, but Yzerman certainly is, and seemingly no one in this draft can top Rossi in the intangibles department. Again, I think we could do better, but I’m not going to be mad if he’s the guy. I just think history shows he’s probably the one we choose.

Oct 18, 2006
Rossi doesn’t excite me as much as some of the others, so for that alone I bet that’s who we take. I think he’ll be a 50-60 point guy, but I think others could be more.

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
I'll trust Stevie Y on whoever he chooses until proven otherwise... Seems like like he is going to hit on Seider who was considered an outside of the box pick at 6

Trust #19 and #33... They will get the right player, I believe

Reactions: mantha39

Orthodox Caveman

Sep 12, 2006
I'll be disappointed if it's Rossi but what do I know. Just hope Yzerman nails the pick....he's gotta hit on a high first rounder at some point.

Reactions: jkutswings

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
for me (assuming top 3 are as predicted)
1. Raymond - this kid is a dynamic game breaking talent, we need the right shot too
2. Perfetti - Filthy mitts, High IQ, probably wont stay at C tho
3. Drysdale - having too many stud RHD is never a bad thing
4. Rossi - kids got heart and the motor to win every game
5. Askarov - Vasilevsky type goalie we need badly

also i need a new username...f*** the lottery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad