Speculation: Who Should Detroit Pick at 4th? (poll closes 9/30)

Who Should the Wings pick?

• Askarov

Votes: 14 8.5%
  • Drysdale

• Holtz

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Lundell

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Perfetti

Votes: 51 31.1%
  • Raymond

Votes: 63 38.4%
  • Rossi

• Sanderson

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Rossi does have incredible Hockey IQ he was voted best in his conference in that regard.

And yet Raymond and Perfetti can be reasonably assessed to have better game breaking ability with how they can control the game. It's okay to say that Rossi is a very intelligent player and still isn't THE smartest player available.

Reactions: Tetsuo

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
And yet Raymond and Perfetti can be reasonably assessed to have better game breaking ability with how they can control the game. It's okay to say that Rossi is a very intelligent player and still isn't THE smartest player available.
There are plenty smart players, but if we combine everything I have Raymond then Rossi, but between those two, I don't like to get others,

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
Yeah I know. I love the 2nd day of the draft, sitting at home here in Europe and the only way to know who drafts who is by mindlessly refreshing the Eliteprospects draft page.

Good times. The draft starts at 1 in the morning for us Europeans, let's hope there is a youtube stream or some sort of stream available.
Did nhl.com stream it for free last year? I will probably stay up anyway.

Gruß,
BSHH

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Can't wait for 99.4% of us to be miserable when we pick him next week...

If we draft Sanderson at 4 I will probably take a long break from the team. If Yzerman loves Sanderson you don't draft him at 4, you trade down and gain another asset.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
If we draft Sanderson at 4 I will probably take a long break from the team. If Yzerman loves Sanderson you don't draft him at 4, you trade down and gain another asset.
I feel like trading down would happen much more frequently if it were so easy.

Reactions: lilidk

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
Raymond didn’t mention the Wings at all in terms of teams he interviewed a lot with. Said he’s raked with Ottawa the most. Don’t think we’re really considering him based on that.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018

And what happens when nobody wants to trade up and give up an asset? Your best offer is 8th overall and a 4th round pick. You can’t honestly suggest that Yzerman should accept it because it’s the best offer he has. And you can’t expect him to just pick someone else because of value.

If you can make a deal, fantastic, if you are on the clock and nobody is close, just take the player you love

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Raymond didn’t mention the Wings at all in terms of teams he interviewed a lot with. Said he’s raked with Ottawa the most. Don’t think we’re really considering him based on that.
Yeah I don't think Steve will take a Winger Only guy like Raymond at 4, unless he's can't miss IMO... Seems like it's Perfetti, Rossi or Drysdale to me.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
And what happens when nobody wants to trade up and give up an asset? Your best offer is 8th overall and a 4th round pick. You can’t honestly suggest that Yzerman should accept it because it’s the best offer he has. And you can’t expect him to just pick someone else because of value.

If you can make a deal, fantastic, if you are on the clock and nobody is close, just take the player you love

I agree, you don't have to accept the best offer if the best offer is junk. I just don't think we should pick Sanderson. I wouldn't even take him at 8 to be honest. Too many high end forwards with tons of potential.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
If we couldn't trade down for Seider last year, I strongly doubt we can trade down for Sanderson this year. He's pretty consistently mocked in the 3-12ish range now, whereas Seider going top 10 felt like a long-shot on draft day last year.

Sanderson wouldn't be my first choice at #4, but if he's the guy that Yzerman and Co. like, then I think you just take him there and don't look back.

Christien

May 1, 2010
I listened to the interview and at first he said he met with Ottawa the most and then he followed that up by saying he’s met with them and 2 other teams the most

Reactions: Barry Amsterdam

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Means absolutely nothing look how many time Holland spoke to Martin Necas even took him out to dinner, Yet he took Michael Rasmussen instead. GMs not talking to players means absolutely nothing.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I agree, you don't have to accept the best offer if the best offer is junk. I just don't think we should pick Sanderson. I wouldn't even take him at 8 to be honest. Too many high end forwards with tons of potential.

I’ve made mention of this before, while I certainly have my favorites, I can see a lot of positives in a lot of guys. I don’t think my immediate reaction will last long much more than a pick or two.

I had a much more difficult time accepting the lottery results as they were.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Happy: Drysdale/Raymond. Elite/1st pair RH-PMD are Gold, can be traded for great return.

Can live with (trust Yzerplan): Perfetti/Rossi

Kinda Nervous @4th: Askarov, Sanderson (though they're quality prospects in 6th-9th)

Do not want anybody else.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Now I have no opposition to drafting a winger if it’s the best player available right now, but I really wonder if there is some way we could use our draft capital strength to also go get Anthony Cirelli from Tampa. Helping them with the cap situation of who gets what money, and giving them immediate payback on the trade with 2020 picks, rather than doing an offer sheet and potentially putting a first on the table.

If you told me I would leave the draft with a high upside offensive forward like Raymond or Perfetti, and a second line pivot in Anthony Cirelli...I wouldn’t be angry at all.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Now I have no opposition to drafting a winger if it’s the best player available right now, but I really wonder if there is some way we could use our draft capital strength to also go get Anthony Cirelli from Tampa. Helping them with the cap situation of who gets what money, and giving them immediate payback on the trade with 2020 picks, rather than doing an offer sheet and potentially putting a first on the table.

If you told me I would leave the draft with a high upside offensive forward like Raymond or Perfetti, and a second line pivot in Anthony Cirelli...I wouldn’t be angry at all.

Cirelli's value right now is a 1st round pick ++. While I would love to add Cirelli, it would take a significant offer to get him. Not sure what you're suggesting here, but it would take much more than pick 32 to get Cirelli.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com

McKenzie said two scouts he talked to have Sanderson at 3, so it's quite likely Sanderson isn't around by 8.
Trading down and taking Sanderson is an even taller order than trading down and taking Seider,and Yzerman couldn't pull that off.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
McKenzie said two scouts he talked to have Sanderson at 3, so it's quite likely Sanderson isn't around by 8.
Trading down and taking Sanderson is an even taller order than trading down and taking Seider,and Yzerman couldn't pull that off.

He also said he was ranked as low as 11th. Based on Mackenzies list, theres a solid chance hes there at 8

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Can't wait for 99.4% of us to be miserable when we pick him next week...
I wouldnt be miserable as hes still a very good player, but if we're going to go with a D then id hope its Drysdale as he has more offense to his game and we already have the all around minute munching D in Seider

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad