Speculation: Who Should Detroit Pick at 4th? (poll closes 9/30)

Who Should the Wings pick?

• Askarov

Votes: 14 8.5%
  • Drysdale

• Holtz

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Lundell

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Perfetti

Votes: 51 31.1%
  • Raymond

Votes: 63 38.4%
  • Rossi

• Sanderson

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I wonder if NJ would give us #7 & #20 for 4OA.

2 of these players would likely be available:

Drysdale/Raymond/Perfetti/Rossi/Sanderson/Askarov

As much as I'd like to get Raymond, an elite/Top pairing RH-PMD is extremely valuable, even for trade value.

Reactions: Ulysses31

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?

As much as I'd like to get Raymond, an elite/Top pairing RH-PMD is extremely valuable, even for trade value.

wunder if devils would do that and why/who they would target?

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
I don't think NJ would do that. SY might not do it either though. Depends on how much he values who's left after the Big 3 are gone. Either way, we'd get a good player, but to nab a good one @7 + the extra #20 would be a coup.
ya agree, mathematically 1 of perfetti, raymond, rossi or drysdale would be there.

do like the idea but not sure if id do it as GM

Larkin2AA

Apr 21, 2016
Rochester Hills, MI

I think a more realistic scenario would be trading with Anaheim (4 for 6+). I don't know if they would give up 27, but I would do 4 for their 6 + 36. One of Perfetti, Rossi, or Raymond would be available.

Reactions: lilidk

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I think a more realistic scenario would be trading with Anaheim (4 for 6+). I don't know if they would give up 27, but I would do 4 for their 6 + 36. One of Perfetti, Rossi, or Raymond would be available.
Trading down without even getting an extra 1st would be so ugly.

Larkin2AA

Apr 21, 2016
Rochester Hills, MI
Trading down without even getting an extra 1st would be so ugly.
I'm not sure what the cost would be of moving down 2 spots (especially in the top 10), but if I am Anaheim I would just take my chances after Ottawa to see who drops.

Edit: this article is old, but using the data here the best we would get to trade with Anaheim would be their 6th pick and somewhere between 30 and 45.

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
Pronman’s final mock has us taking Perfetti. He says the only two names he’s heard linked to us as of late is Perfetti and Askarov. He did say the consensus around Perfetti is almost suspicious with Yzerman being so guarded but the arrow is pointing towards Perfetti.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
remember when you hear people claiming they know who wings are thinking about that yzerman drafted seider last year . they know nothing . not one word gets out of yzermans ''red council'' , thats how yzerman wants it and he has the complete respect of his red council

Larkin2AA

Apr 21, 2016
Rochester Hills, MI
Pronman’s final mock has us taking Perfetti. He says the only two names he’s heard linked to us as of late is Perfetti and Askarov. He did say the consensus around Perfetti is almost suspicious with Yzerman being so guarded but the arrow is pointing towards Perfetti.
DETROIT RED WINGS
4: Cole Perfetti, C, Saginaw-OHL
32: Marat Khusnutdinov, C, SKA-MHL
45: Daemon Hunt, D, Moose Jaw-WHL
55: Emil Andrae, D, HV71-SHL
63: Zayde Wisdom, RW, Kingston-OHL
65: Wyatt Kaiser, D, Andover-US High School
107: Simon Knak, RW, Portland-WHL
125: Hayden Fowler, LW, Erie-OHL
156: Carson Bantle, LW, Madison-USHL
187: Grant Riley, G, Janesville-NAHL

Can't say I would be mad with this haul, but I wouldn't be as happy knowing who was available at certain positions.
4. Perfetti - this is fine with me as I want him or Raymond here.
32. Khusnutdinov - I like this kid, I think he has a lot of talent and is very quick. Choosing between him, Foerster, and Grans would be tough at this spot.
45. Daemon Hunt - no... I don't like this pick here. I would much rather take a chance at Joni Jurmo (who Tampa takes at 62'), Ty Smilanic (taken at 47 by Montreal), Ronni Hirvonen, or even Emil Andrae (who we take with 55).
55. Emil Andrae - love this pick, but I doubt he falls this far.
63. Zayde Wisdom - meh, with players like Nico Daws (G), Dre Commesso (G), Daniel Torgersson (W), Theodore Neiderbach (C), and Daniil Guschin (W) still available at this spot I wouldgo with one of them.
65. Wyatt Kaiser - can't say I know much about this kid, but I still like the other choices (noted at 63) more.
107. Simon Knak - hmm not sure who is the better Portland Wing between him and Hanas, but since Hanas was picked, I am fine with this.
125, 156, and 187. who the hell knows with these picks. Not sure who to pick here. I like Bantle though.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
From Pronman:
4. Detroit Red Wings: Cole Perfetti, C, Saginaw-OHL

The only two names I’ve heard recently linked to Detroit by multiple sources are Perfetti and goaltender Yaroslav Askarov. One source made a good point regarding Perfetti, in that so many people seem to think that’s who Detroit is taking that it’s almost suspicious. Ultimately, I have to go with what all my information is telling me, even if my instinct says that Askarov, defenseman Jake Sanderson or forward Lucas Raymond could very well go at this spot.
There's hope, @Bench!

Reactions: Bench

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
remember when you hear people claiming they know who wings are thinking about that yzerman drafted seider last year . they know nothing . not one word gets out of yzermans ''red council'' , thats how yzerman wants it and he has the complete respect of his red council
There were a couple of people on here that knew that the Wings were picking Seider last year: RD Moritz Seider (2019, 6th, DET)

But yeah, in general, Yzerman keeps his cards really close to the chest.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
DETROIT RED WINGS
4: Cole Perfetti, C, Saginaw-OHL
32: Marat Khusnutdinov, C, SKA-MHL
45: Daemon Hunt, D, Moose Jaw-WHL
55: Emil Andrae, D, HV71-SHL
63: Zayde Wisdom, RW, Kingston-OHL
65: Wyatt Kaiser, D, Andover-US High School
107: Simon Knak, RW, Portland-WHL
125: Hayden Fowler, LW, Erie-OHL
156: Carson Bantle, LW, Madison-USHL
187: Grant Riley, G, Janesville-NAHL

Can't say I would be mad with this haul, but I wouldn't be as happy knowing who was available at certain positions.
4. Perfetti - this is fine with me as I want him or Raymond here.
32. Khusnutdinov - I like this kid, I think he has a lot of talent and is very quick. Choosing between him, Foerster, and Grans would be tough at this spot.
45. Daemon Hunt - no... I don't like this pick here. I would much rather take a chance at Joni Jurmo (who Tampa takes at 62'), Ty Smilanic (taken at 47 by Montreal), Ronni Hirvonen, or even Emil Andrae (who we take with 55).
55. Emil Andrae - love this pick, but I doubt he falls this far.
63. Zayde Wisdom - meh, with players like Nico Daws (G), Dre Commesso (G), Daniel Torgersson (W), Theodore Neiderbach (C), and Daniil Guschin (W) still available at this spot I wouldgo with one of them.
65. Wyatt Kaiser - can't say I know much about this kid, but I still like the other choices (noted at 63) more.
107. Simon Knak - hmm not sure who is the better Portland Wing between him and Hanas, but since Hanas was picked, I am fine with this.
125, 156, and 187. who the hell knows with these picks. Not sure who to pick here. I like Bantle though.

I tend to agree with you on most points. I'm not really a big fan of any of the picks aside from Marat and Andrae and I really don't like picks 107, 125, and 156. Given how the board had played out I think Hirvonen at 45 makes a lot of sense, followed by Andrae at 55, then any 2 of Widsom, Torgersson, Pashin, or Guschin would be fine picks at 63 & 65. I won't bother going over the rest of the picks, but I wouldn't be happy with the draft ending with a Knak, Fowler, and Bantle There were far more interesting and frankly better prospects at each pick so going with those 3 would be disappointing.

I'm also shocked that he didn't have Dmitri Ovchinnikov drafted, unless I missed him. I know he was either unranked or ranked in the 40s for EU by CSS, but he is well worth a selection in the 7th. Scoring isn't everything, but the list of players that have had as good production as he did as an 18 year old in the MHL is small. I'd easily take him over the players Pronman had the Wings taking so I'm wondering if he has perhaps made it be known he has 0 interest in the NHL?

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
NHL Mock Draft 2020: Corey Pronman projects all seven rounds

4. Detroit Red Wings: Cole Perfetti, C, Saginaw-OHL
The only two names I’ve heard recently linked to Detroit by multiple sources are Perfetti and goaltender Yaroslav Askarov. One source made a good point regarding Perfetti, in that so many people seem to think that’s who Detroit is taking that it’s almost suspicious. Ultimately, I have to go with what all my information is telling me, even if my instinct says that Askarov, defenseman Jake Sanderson or forward Lucas Raymond could very well go at this spot.

I don't think he's actually suggesting this, but what would Detroit have to gain from spreading rumors about who they're taking? There's no point unless you're trading down.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Do we really need to draft center at 4. We have already Rasmussen and Veleno. Larkin still not in his prime. Raymond for me is no brainier for #4 spot. We are set at RD, Drysdale will be third for top 2. I like Rossi a lot but you don't take him before guy who has successfully playing against the man. Please stop nonsense about Perfetti, he is top 10 , not 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad