Speculation: Who Should Detroit Pick at 4th? (poll closes 9/30)

Who Should the Wings pick?

• Askarov

Votes: 14 8.5%
  • Drysdale

• Holtz

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Lundell

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Perfetti

Votes: 51 31.1%
  • Raymond

Votes: 63 38.4%
  • Rossi

• Sanderson

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
You guys have any legit insider information on who you are going to take at 4?

We know for sure that Sens are taking one of Byfield or Stutzle as our GM basically said so. The feeling is we go Sanderson at 5.

Cheers everyone and thanks in advance!

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

We know for sure that Sens are taking one of Byfield or Stutzle as our GM basically said so. The feeling is we go Sanderson at 5.

We are all hoping LA does something stupid.

Reactions: mantha39 and DJB

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?

did they say stutzle or byfield by name? IMO what was said was a smart way of saying nothing

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
did they say stutzle or byfield by name? IMO what was said was a smart way of saying nothing

Our GM basically said "Whoever LA doesn't choose we are taking"

Dorion has previously made it clear that there is a distinct top 3 in the draft. Lafreniere, Byfield and Stutzle.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Our GM basically said "Whoever LA doesn't choose we are taking"

Dorion has previously made it clear that there is a distinct top 3 in the draft. Lafreniere, Byfield and Stutzle.

We have some ties to Perfetti, Devellano/Osgood are part of the ownership group in Saginaw. I also believe Draper has a relationship with Perfetti and his family. But I have no clue if that will amount to anything or us selecting him. Having all that extra info could work against that just as well.

Last year we leaned heavily on our European scouting and drafted a lot of Swedes. I don't know if that could result in Raymond/Holtz being more appealing or not. We may have just leaned on those well established scouts in Europe as we were experiencing turnover with our NA scouting staff.

I don't think we really have clear indications as to what direction we will go.

Reactions: DJB

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
We have some ties to Perfetti, Devellano/Osgood are part of the ownership group in Saginaw. I also believe Draper has a relationship with Perfetti and his family. But I have no clue if that will amount to anything or us selecting him. Having all that extra info could work against that just as well.

Last year we leaned heavily on our European scouting and drafted a lot of Swedes. I don't know if that could result in Raymond/Holtz being more appealing or not. We may have just leaned on those well established scouts in Europe as we were experiencing turnover with our NA scouting staff.

I don't think we really have clear indications as to what direction we will go.

I think one of the reasons we leaned so heavily on our Euro scouts last year was because Yzerman didn't have his team fully in place at draft time, combined with the fact that we still had Tyler Wright(vomit) around at draft time. Hakan is a guy that was with the organization doing good work when Yzerman was a player, and later on as an executive. I think now that Draper is director of amateur scouting and his ties to Perfetti the Wings will lean toward him as their pick at 4.

I'd expect the 2nd through 4th rounds to be very Euro heavy, though; Guys like Torgersson, Wallinder, Reichel (crossing my fingers) Alexander Nikishin, Hugo Styf, Max Glotzl, Joel Blomqvist are all guys on my wishlist for this draft. If we get 3 of these guys I'd be very happy. Any more and I'd be through the roof.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
I voted Drysdale I feel others will end up more talented in their respective roles but I don't know which of those players are going to end up busts. I think Drysdale is going to bring stability to a D core much like Seabrook did in Chicago. Not a super star but reliable for years and years. But honestly I am happy with whoever Yzerman takes.

wingfan

Jul 1, 2012

About as much insider info as we had last year when everyone's jaw hit the floor when Yzerman called Seider's name at 6. Nothing gets out/everything is nothing more than pure speculation at this point. Everyone is sold here on Perfetti being a lock at 4 for us just like last year everyone was convinced we were drafting best C available, whether it be Dach, Turcotte, Zegras, Cousins at 6 barring Byram slipping..

Reactions: lilidk and DJB

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
They would have taken Dach if he was still there. @The Zetterberg Era will confirm.

Their top 5 went in the top 5. They weren't passing on Turcotte either.

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: LazyT

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008

i am not going to surprise if Yzerman takes Sanderson . It will prolong our rebuild , but will fix our D pool.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

Anyone that has connections to any scouts or anything like that has basically said Detroit is taking Perfetti is someone doesnt fall out of the top 3. He is family friends with Draper and the ownership group at Saginaw includes Osgood and Devallano. In a year with no combine or anything they owuld have the most info to make an informed pick with Perfetti

With what we know now, I would say the chances are like 70% Perfetti just based on chatter but obviously Yzerman isnt going to say anything beforehand

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Anyone that has connections to any scouts or anything like that has basically said Detroit is taking Perfetti is someone doesnt fall out of the top 3. He is family friends with Draper and the ownership group at Saginaw includes Osgood and Devallano. In a year with no combine or anything they owuld have the most info to make an informed pick with Perfetti

With what we know now, I would say the chances are like 70% Perfetti just based on chatter but obviously Yzerman isnt going to say anything beforehand
I think chances are about 10% we take Perfetti

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I think chances are about 10% we take Perfetti

Ok show me your reasoning for that.

I can find plenty of quotes from people more in the know saying the wings like Perfetti a lot. Including one person going as far to say Perfetti to detroit is as big of a lock as Lafreniere going first overall.

You mightnot want Perfetti but everything is generally pointing in his direction moreso than anyone else

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Ok show me your reasoning for that.

I can find plenty of quotes from people more in the know saying the wings like Perfetti a lot. Including one person going as far to say Perfetti to detroit is as big of a lock as Lafreniere going first overall.

You mightnot want Perfetti but everything is generally pointing in his direction moreso than anyone else
Yzerman doesn't going to leak his choice, just like last year.
Perfetti is highly skilled and his hockey IQ is very high, but physically he is not ready for NHL for about 2-3 years.
Just like we get Zadina. We still don't know if Dobson was much better choice, and probably was.
Raymond is much better choice.
People said we don't need Sanderson, because he's identical to Seider. What's wrong to get identical to Seider. Rossi is older, but physically in my opinion NHL ready

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I went with Raymond. I think Raymond has the most upside, and when I watch Perfetti there is just something that leaves me uneasy. If I could put a finger on it, I'd get paid to do it, but I'm just not entirely comfortable with the guy.

Yzerman doesn't going to leak his choice, just like last year.
Perfetti is highly skilled and his hockey IQ is very high, but physically he is not ready for NHL for about 2-3 years.
Just like we get Zadina. We still don't know if Dobson was much better choice, and probably was.
Raymond is much better choice.
People said we don't need Sanderson, because he's identical to Seider. What's wrong to get identical to Seider. Rossi is older, but physically in my opinion NHL ready

I don't think Sanderson is identical to Seider. Might put up similar points and be defense first blueliners, but I think Seider will offer a far larger physical component that will change how teams play us. It's just not something I see with sanderson.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto

I asked Wheeler this in an Athletic AMA hour and he said that he's heard the most chatter around Raymond and Perfetti. My guess is Perfetti due to the connections others have mentioned. Personally I want Drysdale, but would take Raymond if we're going F.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Personally I think you need to have a lot of offense from the backend if you want to win. Seider seems like he'll be enough of a rock defensively that after watching him this year, I'm okay with him at 6 last year. But not wanting Sanderson has nothing to do with Seider... I just think he's a worse player than the Drysdale, Askarov and the top 10 forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad