Speculation: Who should be the new GM of the Washington Capitals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I expect Ted to select a GM based on the judgment of others rather than by way of his own critical thinking. That's why it is taking so long. Ted just isn't an independent thinker. He does what he thinks will make the group happy. But the group is never happy.

Unless you know Ted personally, you have NO idea what you're talking about.

And why would you expect Ted to suddenly make hockey decisions in a vacuum when's he's not a hockey guy. Makes no sense. I'd be much more concerned if he consulted nobody when making key hockey decisions. The only thing that matters now is hiring the right guy(s), not some fans concerned about an imaginary timeline.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I dont think its really the same txpd, the previous former caps didnt have the experience or "respect" that trotz has. I'm not on the trotz bandwagon by any means, however I think Trotz deserves more respect thn just the label of "former cap being brought back".

maybe the new guy can hire trotz without the snark, but be real. most anything McPhee did of recent years was panned in part because people were just over him. so, he hires trotz and the former cap thing would have been front and center. I don't recall there being a shortage of respect for hunter but there certainly was attention to his former capsness.

lets not get off topic though. I am enjoying watching leonsis getting ripped to shreds right after rids convinced me that the negativity on this forum was all in my head.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
lets not get off topic though. I am enjoying watching leonsis getting ripped to shreds right after rids convinced me that the negativity on this forum was all in my head.

The negativity certainly isn't all in your head, but you focus on it way too much, and seem incapable of accepting the fact that sometimes the negativity is warranted. This from someone who is ****ing sick of the near-constant negativity on this forum.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
its so easy to focus on. be honest. say something positive and its like fresh meat to pirona.

I suppose I could post nothing at all. nothing is happening except for the doom filling the vacuum

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Bruins fan here.

If Sweens goes to Washington get ready for players to be held accountable on and off the ice.

Alex Ovechkin and others are in for a rude awakening. Sweeney is brutally honest and does not like bs and excuse making.

Sign me the **** up.

JenniferH

Holts Did It
Nov 7, 2013
Georgia
I'd be happy with Sweeney, but I think that the team want to win and as long as they have a coach and front office team who are working with them to do so without their ego getting in the way (too much, ala Oates), the team will respect that and play accordingly. I think that Fenton would be a good fit also. I do think that Shero is a strong possibility, but I'd prefer Sweeney or Fenton.

Liberati0n*

Is there some way you could know Ted's internal decision making process without knowing him personally?

He probably couldn't, but a person absolutely could, yes.

The losers are winging it. Very true. I hope Ted will concentrate long enough to find an authentic GM.

What separates winners and losers is effort, in your worldview? Are you sure?

Atlas

Sep 7, 2004
Is there some way you could know Ted's internal decision making process without knowing him personally?

Zoidberg Jesus,

If this is a serious question I will be happy to answer. By "internal decision making process" do you mean "thinking"?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
You threw the term out there. You tell us what you meant by "internal decision making process". To me (and apparently others) that meant Ted's personal decision making process, IE, what he's thinking when making these decisions.

Atlas

Sep 7, 2004
You threw the term out there. You tell us what you meant by "internal decision making process". To me (and apparently others) that meant Ted's personal decision making process, IE, what he's thinking when making these decisions.

That doesn't sound like something I would say. Where did I say that?

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
‏@SkyKerstein: I'm hearing the same names @ChuckGormleyCSN wrote about today...Shero, Fenton, Button & the promoting of MacLellan (don't rule out) #Caps

Operation Shero Beautification.

@pensreport: Been told by person w/ the Pens & still close to him, it's expected Ray Shero will be offered the Capitals GM job. Bizarre for us in Pgh.

@pensreport: Also, the hold-up on the Trotz deal is apparently him making sure they've lined up Shero for GM. He wants that particular GM/HC combo.

Last edited:

Atlas

Sep 7, 2004
I love facts when they are indeed facts, not someone's opinion.

That reads like:

I love facts when they are indeed facts, not someone's opinion. except when I disagree with them.

I am not interested in arguing with you about this. I will only say that epistemology does not need to be confusing. I wish you all the best.

Atlas

Sep 7, 2004
‏@SkyKerstein: I'm hearing the same names @ChuckGormleyCSN wrote about today...Shero, Fenton, Button & the promoting of MacLellan (don't rule out) #Caps

Operation Shero Beautification.

@pensreport: Been told by person w/ the Pens & still close to him, it's expected Ray Shero will be offered the Capitals GM job. Bizarre for us in Pgh.

@pensreport: Also, the hold-up on the Trotz deal is apparently him making sure they've lined up Shero for GM. He wants that particular GM/HC combo.

I'll take almost anyone over MacLean and Button. Shero comes as rare and refreshing fruit after those names.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad