Speculation: Who should be the new GM of the Washington Capitals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
You may want to check in with your doc.

What part of what I said wasn't true?

I guarantee 100% you, Rids and others will now shift from GMGM to Ted. Ted will be the root of all evil.

And there are 5 or 6 players that you all will target above all else as the first in line to draw your ire.

I think its time for you to take off the rose colored glasses and get your head out of the sand if you want to truly see how awful the Caps are. Worst run org in sports. Its doom and gloom all around.

It will start as soon as the new GM makes his first move.

Roughing

Oct 11, 2010
Frederick, MD
Today would be a nice day for a hire. Friday before the holiday. Make some headlines. Move forward.

Corbis-42-16154551.jpg

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Or with less than impressive news, say another no name hire, or a MacLean, do it right - late on a Friday night following the footsteps of our fearless federal leaders here in DC

Atlas

Sep 7, 2004
I guarantee 100% you, Rids and others will now shift from GMGM to Ted. Ted will be the root of all evil.

Ted is, in fact, at the root of the organization's failures. You have evaded this fact for years here for reasons of your own.

Atlas

Sep 7, 2004
Or with less than impressive news, say another no name hire, or a MacLean, do it right - late on a Friday night following the footsteps of our fearless federal leaders here in DC

That's a nightmare but it's not a stretch at all. What are the essential characteristics of the other people Ted has hired? There is no reason to think Ted will deviate toward excellence.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Just saying I'm with you!

I've decided once again to get MAD (Like REALLY MAD....MAD as in "my dog just horked my Cheetos" MAD) on the internet and let it out. Without the combined anger of you and Goon there was no way GMGM was going to be let go by Ted.

Your intense internet scrutiny forced Ted's hand and for that I applaud you.

Good work dawg! :)

Lol.

I assume I will get some new "prognostications" from you about what will and wont happen. I can then just assume that it will go a complete 180 from your "vision".

I cant wait to see what you come up with next. I think you may need some help?

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
What part of what I said wasn't true?

And there are 5 or 6 players that you all will target above all else as the first in line to draw your ire.

I think its time for you to take off the rose colored glasses and get your head out of the sand if you want to truly see how awful the Caps are. Worst run org in sports. Its doom and gloom all around.

It will start as soon as the new GM makes his first move.

The circus is in town, thats for sure.

Find me a set of posts where I push for one player to be sent out, repeatedly. What? You cant? Oh.

And YES! We got your first prognostication! I will rail on Ted! That just ensures that it WON'T happen, as all your predictions miss wildly. So it would seem I will support the new regime with Rouse Coloured Blinders on, and be happy with the new voice?

(oh wait...thats what I have been actually saying the whole time....but dont let an actual fact get in the way of your performance here...I can only assume you find it fun to try and turn your failures in seeing the big picture of this team into personal attacks on posters that call you out for being wrong...good tact)

Atlas

Sep 7, 2004
I expect Ted to select a GM based on the judgment of others rather than by way of his own critical thinking. That's why it is taking so long. Ted just isn't an independent thinker. He does what he thinks will make the group happy. But the group is never happy.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
I expect Ted to select a GM based on the judgment of others rather than by way of his own critical thinking. That's why it is taking so long. Ted just isn't an independent thinker. He does what he thinks will make the group happy. But the group is never happy.

Who makes up the group?

Supposedly McPhee wanted Cooper and Leonsis wanted Oates and not surprisingly Oates got the job. So was McPhee not part of the group? Right or wrong that seems like fairly independent thinking to me to disregard the wishes of the guy who is running your hockey operations and going with your own pick.

Liberati0n*

Who makes up the group?

Supposedly McPhee wanted Cooper and Leonsis wanted Oates and not surprisingly Oates got the job. So was McPhee not part of the group? Right or wrong that seems like fairly independent thinking to me to disregard the wishes of the guy who is running your hockey operations and going with your own pick.

Not that I would endorse certain posts by certain parties here, but that would be Ted's concern with the "group" as in "the market." That quote, even if not an expression of why Oates was hired, was really incredible. This adult man actually thinks that Oates' having played in DC before is going to let him connect with the market better, as if people in DC process stupid quotes differently than people in other cities or something.

Atlas

Sep 7, 2004
Who makes up the group?

A "group" is only a convenient way of categorizing individuals according to a shared attribute. "Capitals fans" or "Orioles fans" or "Cubs fans." But really, there are only individuals. The group as such is not an entity. Thinking of a group as an entity becomes a problem when it blots out the primacy of the individual. For example, a "group" based on race, or gender, or weight.

Independent thinking means you bring your mind to bear on the facts and judge as best as you can. Ted knows almost nothing about the actual game of NHL hockey. He has few facts to rely on. If he hired Oates based on his (Ted's) knowledge of the game, well, it stands to reason that it was a total failure. Whims and wishes cannot substitute for reasoning about the actual facts. In other words, wishing that Mojo, Laich and Schultz will become Hall of Famers will not make it so.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
And my point to you this thread has been that many on here agree with that last paragraph you just wrote. Me inclusive "a McPhee Hator". Your comments make it sound like everyone just rails on for the sake of it.

Most don't. Many did because they wanted George gone. Now that he has been exorcised, we can all sit back and see what happens. No rushes to judgments...just like you.

many do. still are. one snarky comment after another. some don't for sure. Its like the often knee jerk snark that appeared whenever McPhee made a signing or trade for a veteran AHL player for Hershey.

there's bunch that have been next thing to a hissy fit because the caps hadn't fired McPhee within 24 hours of the season end and hadn't hired a replacement by the time he actually did release McPhee.

If you don't see, that. ok. If you want to say that I am pinning on everybody what one guy is saying. ok. I think there is more of that there than what you are giving credit and maybe less there than I see.

so....lets see what happens

Liberati0n*

A "group" is only a convenient way of categorizing individuals according to a shared attribute. "Capitals fans" or "Orioles fans" or "Cubs fans." But really, there are only individuals. The group as such is not an entity. Thinking of a group as an entity becomes a problem when it blots out the primacy of the individual. For example, a "group" based on race, or gender, or weight.

Independent thinking means you bring your mind to bear on the facts and judge as best as you can. Ted knows almost nothing about the actual game of NHL hockey. He has few facts to rely on. If he hired Oates based on his (Ted's) knowledge of the game, well, it stands to reason that it was a total failure. Whims and wishes cannot substitute for reasoning about the actual facts. In other words, wishing that Mojo, Laich and Schultz will become Hall of Famers will not make it so.

Isn't it copyright infringement to post whole excerpts from Ayn Rand's books without giving proper attribution?

Atlas

Sep 7, 2004
Isn't it copyright infringement to post whole excerpts from Ayn Rand's books without giving proper attribution?

I will take that as a great compliment. Thank you. I have learned a great deal from her and I often use her examples. "Whims and wishes will not make it so," for example.

Do you agree or disagree with the substance?

Atlas

Sep 7, 2004
I didn't really read it. I just saw "primacy of the individual" and went. #humor

Ah, so you hope I am wrong. But your hopes will not make it so. And I noticed your attempt at sarcastic humor. I didn't find it funny but perhaps others did.

#avoidmeaninglessactivity

Last edited:

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
many do. still are. one snarky comment after another. some don't for sure. Its like the often knee jerk snark that appeared whenever McPhee made a signing or trade for a veteran AHL player for Hershey.

there's bunch that have been next thing to a hissy fit because the caps hadn't fired McPhee within 24 hours of the season end and hadn't hired a replacement by the time he actually did release McPhee.

If you don't see, that. ok. If you want to say that I am pinning on everybody what one guy is saying. ok. I think there is more of that there than what you are giving credit and maybe less there than I see.

so....lets see what happens

Yes. The classic meet in the middle. Agreed.

I am hoping for Shero (as have stated before) and Trotz. That said, there are numerous candidates that I think can make a positive difference. If someone like MacLean gets the job, that would be upsetting.....but I would still give them man at least a year to shape the club into his vision.

So...let the games commence, and hopefully we get the right candidate (regardless of how long it takes....that doesnt bother me at all)

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I wouldn't go either way, but wont be unhappy if one or both are hired. I don't think Shero was effective. Particularly in all the times he did what McPhee wouldn't do. My concern with Trotz is purely that what was a success for him at Nashville would be just another failure for the Capitals. So, what we demand he has never had as his expectations.

But...Lavy is off the market.

What I will find funny is if Trotz is hired and he is not immediately panned as another former Caps being brought back. McPhee couldn't have hired Trotz without getting ripped wide open.

Darkproducer

Mar 25, 2008
I wouldn't go either way, but wont be unhappy if one or both are hired. I don't think Shero was effective. Particularly in all the times he did what McPhee wouldn't do. My concern with Trotz is purely that what was a success for him at Nashville would be just another failure for the Capitals. So, what we demand he has never had as his expectations.

But...Lavy is off the market.

What I will find funny is if Trotz is hired and he is not immediately panned as another former Caps being brought back. McPhee couldn't have hired Trotz without getting ripped wide open.

I dont think its really the same txpd, the previous former caps didnt have the experience or "respect" that trotz has. I'm not on the trotz bandwagon by any means, however I think Trotz deserves more respect thn just the label of "former cap being brought back".

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
FIRE TED!!!

LOUD NOISES!!!
CHAMPION CHANGE FROM OUR KEYBOARDS!!!

Rids, Atlas and Goon...lets ALL cancel our season tickets and hurt Ted in the wallet!!!

We'll show him whos boss!!!

NO MORE NONSENSE!!! LETS GET ANGRY!!!

NOTE TO NOT-SO-FAT TED: WE ARE COMING FOR YOU BIATCH!!

Any interweb posters who stand in our way will be flamed!!

(oh wait...thats what I have been actually saying the whole time....but dont let an actual fact get in the way of your performance here...I can only assume you find it fun to try and turn your failures in seeing the big picture of this team into personal attacks on posters that call you out for being wrong...good tact)

I thought you were saying FIRE MCPHEE?? Why not have just said FIRE TED thereby pretty much ensuring McPhee would be gone!

Its time to stop talking my friend and to spring our plan into action!

TED must be stopped at all costs!

Otherwise ....DOOM! GLOOM! (until the new owner comes in ...then HE will be blamed...DOOM! GLOOM! cycle will start all over again)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad