Speculation: Who should be the new GM of the Washington Capitals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Craig Patrick. Why Dick Patrick remains.

actually, I have no idea. probably somebody ive never heard of

Chukcha

Aug 24, 2011
mongolian steppes
Gillis maybe? I was impressed by canucks d-squad during his Vancouver tenure. Hamhuis-Bieksa-Garrison-Edler-Ballard-Tanev - just what doctor ordered for our long-suffering defence.

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
Gillis maybe? I was impressed by canucks d-squad during his Vancouver tenure. Hamhuis-Bieksa-Garrison-Edler-Ballard-Tanev - just what doctor ordered for our long-suffering defence.

Hamhuis and Garrison pretty much threw themselves at Vancouver to play for their hometown team, Edler and Bieksa predate Gillis, and Ballard didn't fit in Vancouver at all and ended up really hurting them financially. Also on the team before he got there were the Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, Luongo, and Schneider. Basically the only impact player he ever added to that team was Ehrhoff, and then he let h leave in free agency. I don't give him a lot of credit for the success of that team.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Not sure here.

Anyone want to take a stab at a short list with brief pluses and minuses of each candidate?

Jun 15, 2007
I would rather move to Pittsburgh, cheer on Sid and breathe in the metal fumes than have Gretzky as our GM.

dillyboy93

Dec 3, 2012
Canada
Sky Kerstein ‏@SkyKerstein 14m
Who I would go after for #Caps GM... Jim Benning (BOS), then Norm MacIver (CHI) and Paul Fenton (NSH) possibly Ron Hextall (PHI)

Sky Kerstein ‏@SkyKerstein 14m
#Caps coach wise...I think you're looking at Barry Trotz, Dan Bylsma (depending what happens there), Peter Laviolette...

Sky Kerstein ‏@SkyKerstein 13m
I really like Jeff Blashill (Grand Rapids) or Willie Desjardins (Texas) but that's going AHL route...I think they need proven NHL guy #Caps

Sky Kerstein ‏@SkyKerstein 5m
Whoever is the next #Caps GM/Coach needs to be a disciplinarian & treats everyone equal

Sky Kerstein ‏@SkyKerstein 5m
Oh and needs to know how to draft/coach defense, needs to know how to build depth at center & needs to know how to score 5 on 5 #Caps

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
While i can offer little to possible candidates I can say I don't want hairplugs hextall

I don't want anyone that has been near Holmgren, among other reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad