Who moves now after johnny hockey signed??

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Yes and teams are out of cap space when season starts.

Which is why I said the deals get worse.

Teams are looking to get rid of contracts to be able to sign Kadri and Boston is looking to clear cap to be able to sign Bergeron& Krejci.

Teams were already asking a 1st round pick from Flyers to get rid of JVR.

Reactions: AppalachianFinn13

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
That yle article had them 1-1.5M apart.
So I’d be amazed if that doesn’t get settled ghi offseason.

& I can’t see Jarmo starting from 9, I’m betting he started with a 7
I think Porty was that who wrote he started from $8,2M. If yes Patrik wanted $9,7M. But thanks to Gaudreau sign he can't want more than maximum $9M and it's still a lot.

Chinakhov59

Jan 26, 2020
Any news on Jenner and Tarasov’s progress? Is LTIR a possibility for both like Kucherov did two years ago? That would free up about another $5 million for Laine and give Boone for time to heal.. A center combo of Cole, Tex, Jack and Sean could get the job done until the trade deadline.

Reactions: Ippenator

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Any news on Jenner and Tarasov’s progress? Is LTIR a possibility for both like Kucherov did two years ago? That would free up about another $5 million for Laine and give Boone for time to heal.. A center combo of Cole, Tex, Jack and Sean could get the job done until the trade deadline.

Jenner didn't get surgery, he'll be in the lineup.

Reactions: Ippenator

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
The quicker they can move a contract the better.

The closer to the season they get the worse the deals they will be offered get

I'm not sure. It could also be that teams that struck out in FA get more desperate to add a Nyquist type player.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I'm not sure. It could also be that teams that struck out in FA get more desperate to add a Nyquist type player.

How many good teams will have the cap space to add 5M on the roster without giving back cap?

It won’t be many and it may not end up being pretty.
If someone was willing to take Nyquist now without getting anything back I’d make that deal without thinking

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I can see the argument to keep Voracek. Buy Nyquist is just a slightly above average plyer who will be gone after this year. We are not trying to win the Cup in 2022. It is better to give Nyquist's time to a young player or players.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
How many good teams will have the cap space to add 5M on the roster without giving back cap?

It won’t be many and it may not end up being pretty.
If someone was willing to take Nyquist now without getting anything back I’d make that deal without thinking

Nashville, Calgary, New Jersey, maybe some weaker clubs might want to borrow him for a bit too, and then move him at the deadline.

You could move Nyquist now, or you could wait until after Laine signs just in case Laine doesn't sign. I'm not sure if it matters.

I also don't want to make too many assumptions that Nyquist is the odd man out. It makes sense from what we know but perhaps Jarmo has something else in the works.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Nashville, Calgary, New Jersey, maybe some weaker clubs might want to borrow him for a bit too, and then move him at the deadline.

You could move Nyquist now, or you could wait until after Laine signs just in case Laine doesn't sign. I'm not sure if it matters.

I also don't want to make too many assumptions that Nyquist is the odd man out. It makes sense from what we know but perhaps Jarmo has something else in the works.
I think its always safe to assume Jarmo has something else in the works. Nyquist makes a lot of sense so Id almost bet on something else.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

I’d just rather get it over with instead of giving a chance at this ending up in a bad situation.

I watched Boston do something stupid years ago because they drove themselves into cap hell and we just saw Pacioretty going for futures and teams demanding a 23 1st from the Flyers to get enough space to go after Gaudreau

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I can see the argument to keep Voracek. Buy Nyquist is just a slightly above average plyer who will be gone after this year. We are not trying to win the Cup in 2022. It is better to give Nyquist's time to a young player or players.
Plus good luck trying to move Voracek's salary.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I get the feeling that Jarmo has too much respect for Nyquist to dump him. I’m feeling more something like a volume trade (a “hockey trade”), say 3 players, for 1 contract + a draft pick.
Jarmo traded cam Atkinson hours after he was shaking hands and kissing babies at the draft party

Last edited:
Reactions: LJ7 and NotWendell

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Cam also bitched about Laine too much.
That’s true, but it’s also a business

I don’t think he’d want to dump Gus at some shit team but he’ll do whatever it takes if it’s in the best interest of the team.

Reactions: DJA

MissADD

Jun 21, 2018
Silvermoon City
Plus good luck trying to move Voracek's salary.
I don't think it would be impossible to do. 56 assists is nothing to scoff at. Now it will be extremely difficult to do, but if a team really wanted him, they would make it happen without a 2nd thought. Like imagine Voracek with Zegras? Not saying I would trade him, but it wouldn't be impossible

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I get the feeling that Jarmo has too much respect for Nyquist to dump him. I’m feeling more something like a volume trade (a “hockey trade”), say 3 players, for 1 contract + a draft pick.
In this environment I don't think anyone should expect to see any sort of return for any salary we dump off. Once Laine signs for whatever amount it is, we'll basically need to pay someone to take salary to get cap compliant. Look at what Vegas just did with Pacioretty. Teams are not going to help us out of the kindness of their heart. There will be no "hockey trades" when a team has their back against the wall to become cap compliant.

We will get bent over in any such trade and I'm ok with that because we got the league's 2nd leading scorer last year for nothing.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Realistic Trading partners:
1658090367318.png

who needs middle six scoring depth, young wingers, or young D?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad