Who moves now after johnny hockey signed??

jacketsnation

Jul 25, 2017
PROJECTED CAP SPACE : $3,166,667
Still need to sign NICK BLANKENBURG and PATRIK LAINE!!

Someone being shipped out to sign laine for 8.5 to $9 a year in my opinion

Options 1) trade laine ( heck no )

Option 2) trade Voracek, 8,250,000 a year next two years. This would allow laine contract! ( I love Voracek and his leadership and think he has a roll for the next two years ) hoping this doesn't happen

Option 3) trade
Or Nyquist, Gustav for 5.5 ( I love gus as well and he loves it here. Problem is he's 32 and we have so many young guns coming to take his place. Most likely in my opinion

Option 4) trade

OLIVER BJORKSTRAND ( that would be a terrible idea!! Only 27 and locked in on good contract!!​

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I posted a similar version of this earlier, this lineup is cap compliant with about a million to spare if Laine comes in at $9m per:

Gaudreau - KJ - Laine
Texier - Roslovic - Bjorkstrand
Marchenko - Sillinger - Voracek
Robinson - Kuraly - Jenner
Danforth
Foudy

Werenski - Blankenburg
Gavrikov - Peeke
Bean - Gudbranson
Boqvist

Merzlikins
Korpisalo

The only cap clearing move is moving out Nyquist. I made a few other decisions like sending Chinakhov to Cleveland, Bemstrom traded, etc..

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
If we keep Laine, it'll either be Gus or Bjorkstrand.

If its Gus, we probably would need to attach Bean or another forward (Bemstrom?) to give us wiggle room with cap.

Reactions: CBJx614

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I posted a similar version of this earlier, this lineup is cap compliant with about a million to spare if Laine comes in at $9m per:

Gaudreau - KJ - Laine
Texier - Roslovic - Bjorkstrand
Marchenko - Sillinger - Voracek
Robinson - Kuraly - Jenner
Danforth
Foudy

Werenski - Blankenburg
Gavrikov - Peeke
Bean - Gudbranson
Boqvist

Merzlikins
Korpisalo

The only cap clearing move is moving out Nyquist. I made a few other decisions like sending Chinakhov to Cleveland, Bemstrom traded, etc..

Chinakhov was great in the camp with young but the season wasn't so good. Now he can be stronger, has experience and we don't know how Marchenko will show (btw he's only two years younger than Laine). Fondy can suprise etc. It's difficult.

I don't know. I like Gus.

EDIT: it's still one option. If Tarasov will show his potential, we could trade Merzlikins.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
A big NO to trading Nyquist, a guy that actually chose to come here. I like Oliver but he's the odd man out for me if Jarmo can find the right return.
Bjorkstand is a bigger contributor to the Jackets than Nyquist has been, chose to stay here on an excellent deal, and is half a decade younger.

I'm happy with Nyquist also and don't want to see him leave, but it's the best of a couple bittersweet options.

MissADD

Jun 21, 2018
Silvermoon City
Here is what I would like to happen:

1)I think these are players most likely to get traded. Nyquist, Bean, Texier and Bemstrom. The will clear up enough room to sign Laine and Blankenburg.

2) Come next off season, only 3 players on the roster currently would need extended if the Jackets choose to do so, Chinakhov, Gavrikov and Peeke. I think only Peeke would be do a massive raise. Of the prospects who need signed next year, who knows with them.

3) Then in 2 season, not only is the cap due to go up big, but Jake comes off the books. Thats when key young guys are due new contacts.

Doing this, they may actually be able to keep Laine and Oliver

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Here is what I would like to happen:

1)I think these are players most likely to get traded. Nyquist, Bean, Texier and Bemstrom. The will clear up enough room to sign Laine and Blankenburg.

2) Come next off season, only 3 players on the roster currently would need extended if the Jackets choose to do so, Chinakhov, Gavrikov and Peeke. I think only Peeke would be do a massive raise. Of the prospects who need signed next year, who knows with them.

3) Then in 2 season, not only is the cap due to go up big, but Jake comes off the books. Thats when key young guys are due new contacts.

Doing this, they may actually be able to keep Laine and Oliver

1) You can sign Laine and Blankenburg simply by moving Nyquist. Bemstrom and Texier barely make any money so replacing them with a league minimum player doesn't save any cap space.

2) Gavrikov is likely getting the big raise, not Peeke, who is still RFA with little experience.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
It will be very hard to see Gus go, for me. But the same is true for Bjorky.

I'm going to assume that Jarmo will go into it pursuing the best deal. If the return for Bjorkstrand is clearly superior to Gus? I don't know, Oliver is on a great deal.

It's a good problem to have but it's a problem. Gus's loyalty is so great.

Reactions: Toe Pick

jacketsnation

Jul 25, 2017
I can't stress enough that Bjorkstrand is the guy you keep in this situation. His contract is so low for what he brings to the team. When you build out a truly good team that's the type of contract you need.
Can't agree with you more

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Nyquist, Bean are my leading candidates . Trading Texier is asinine at his 1.5 mill cap hit . Voracek would be next in line .. so those would be my top 3 .. I just don’t think Voracek is moveable , but maybe I’m wrong . Very productive player , but huge cap hit this coming year and next

Reactions: Ippenator and Viqsi

MissADD

Jun 21, 2018
Silvermoon City
1) You can sign Laine and Blankenburg simply by moving Nyquist. Bemstrom and Texier barely make any money so replacing them with a league minimum player doesn't save any cap space.

2) Gavrikov is likely getting the big raise, not Peeke, who is still RFA with little experience.

I guess what I meant by big raise is I can see Gavrikov getting close to 4 million only getting 1.2 million raise and I see Peeke's salary almost tripling. Gavrikov is still making more

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I guess what I meant by big raise is I can see Gavrikov getting close to 4 million only getting 1.2 million raise and I see Peeke's salary almost tripling. Gavrikov is still making more

I doubt it - even if Peeke is excellent next year they'll probably take advantage of the fact that he has so little experience and not give him a big raise.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $200.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00