Who is this years whipping boy?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Just out of curiosity I did the same breakdown for Granlund...

First 11gp, 5g, 5a, 10pts, 74pt pace. Last 28gp, 6g, 21a, 27pts, 79pt pace. Last 11gp 0g, 9a, 9pts, 67pt pace.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
First 11gp, Zucker had 4g, 5a, 9pts, 67pt pace. The last 27gp he's had 6g, 5a, 11pts, 33pt pace.

See? I can do that too, so yes, the last 2 weeks does nothing to explain all that time prior.
Take out the last two weeks and break it into three parts then and get back to me. I’m not saying Zucker is doing well but Granlund and Staal certainly aren’t helping. And I expect Granlund to be the guy who brings offense every single game because that’s been his trend since forever. Everyone knows Zucker is hot n cold.

Apparently both are injured too and I wouldn’t be surprised if Nino was injured.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Take out the last two weeks and break it into three parts then and get back to me. I’m not saying Zucker is doing well but Granlund and Staal certainly aren’t helping. And I expect Granlund to be the guy who brings offense every single game because that’s been his trend since forever. Everyone knows Zucker is hot n cold.

Apparently both are injured too and I wouldn’t be surprised if Nino was injured.
Everyone has agreed already that they all need to improve, especially over the last two weeks where Granlund started to struggle.

That breakdown has already happened. 7gp 0g, 4a, 4pts, 46pt pace for Granlund. 35pt pace for Staal, 11pt pace for Zucker.

The 11 games immediately prior to those 7 for Granlund - 1g, 13a, 14pts, 104pt pace. Zucker over those same games 3g, 2a, 5pts in 10gp, 41pt pace.

The next 10 games back immediately, Zucker is again at 5pts and 41pt pace. Granlund in those same games? 9pts and a 73pt pace.

Thus 20 games prior to the past two weeks (7games), Zucker has been on a lowely 41pt season pace. Granlund at that same time was at an 89pt pace for 21 games played.

Granlund has struggled for 7 games, Zucker for 27. That's the difference.

Last edited:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Well I guess we can scratch Nino's name off the list, and maybe add Rask in his place? :popcorn:

Can GMPF be considered as a whipping boy? :sarcasm:

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
What I'll ding Rask for is not seizing the opportunity here at all. He slid down the depth chart in Carolina and sometimes that just happens, especially to young players trying to find their footing on struggling teams. It's exactly why change-of-scenery trades are a thing. But he gets his change of scenery, gets put on a line with our best LW, gets powerplay time, gets a longer leash than he probably deserves... and he's the exact same player.

Or heck, maybe this is him at his most motivated.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
What I'll ding Rask for is not seizing the opportunity here at all. He slid down the depth chart in Carolina and sometimes that just happens, especially to young players trying to find their footing on struggling teams. It's exactly why change-of-scenery trades are a thing. But he gets his change of scenery, gets put on a line with our best LW, gets powerplay time, gets a longer leash than he probably deserves... and he's the exact same player.

Or heck, maybe this is him at his most motivated.

I have no clue about the PP time, but the whole PP setup needs to be trashed. They are using 7 FWDs and it's a choice between Greenway and Rask. I'd choose Greenway, but they've avoided giving him PP time all season for whatever reason.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I have no clue about the PP time, but the whole PP setup needs to be trashed. They are using 7 FWDs and it's a choice between Greenway and Rask. I'd choose Greenway, but they've avoided giving him PP time all season for whatever reason.
Can't disagree there. Getting put on our powerplay right now isn't exactly a sure-fire way to ignite a player.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Well 2 whipping boy candidates are gone (Coyle, Nino), the next man up is injured (Rask), and the trusted go to reserve is in the AHL (Prosser).

Who's next up in line Suter, Granny, Zucker, or Staal?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Bitetto has excellent scapegoat potential.

I don't like him at all as a player, but I really don't blame him for what he's doing wrong. Every time he messes up I curse at the GM and not the player. :dunno: If I had a talking bird I'm pretty sure is would be saying "f'in Fenton".

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
I think Pateryn has been declining on a game by game basis. No way this guy is a second pairing defenseman. Thought Bitetto and Hunt looked uniquely terrible tonight. I was actually yearning for Prosser. Seeler has been playing awful, too.

I blame it all on Dubnyk. Hard to play defense when you're afraid to give up any shots. I think Dubnyk should be our new whipping boy!

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Well 2 whipping boy candidates are gone (Coyle, Nino), the next man up is injured (Rask), and the trusted go to reserve is in the AHL (Prosser).

Who's next up in line Suter, Granny, Zucker, or Staal?
Well... Zucker is the one who's severely overpaid and has had a slogan developed from his play...

Zucker is where possession goes to die.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think Pateryn has been declining on a game by game basis. No way this guy is a second pairing defenseman. Thought Bitetto and Hunt looked uniquely terrible tonight. I was actually yearning for Prosser. Seeler has been playing awful, too.

I blame it all on Dubnyk. Hard to play defense when you're afraid to give up any shots. I think Dubnyk should be our new whipping boy!
When your best play is to lie down on the ice, it's not a good sign.

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
No one left but Zucker and Staal. It's hard to have a whipping boy if noone expects anything out of your remaining players.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
giphy.gif
dsc_7700.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad