Prospect Info: Who is the Canucks #2 prospect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Shinkaruk is my number 2. Yes, Corrado is more physically ready for the NHL, but Shinkaruk has the better toolset.

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I know that by the rules Corrado and Schroeder are still prospects but it almost feels like they've graduated already. It really makes this poll harder to answer, not that it's a bad thing.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
He wouldn't crack the top 5 but with some of the other names on that list I think Archibald should be among them.

All in all though the poll question still seems too vague to me... are we rating prospects on their potential or NHL readiness?

I also find it hard to lump goalies into the mix... let alone placing a ranking on a guy like Corrado as compared to Shinkaruk.

I'm a lot of help eh?

Pseudonymous*

I know that by the rules Corrado and Schroeder are still prospects but it almost feels like they've graduated already. It really makes this poll harder to answer, not that it's a bad thing.

Yeah i dont like them being in the list personally.

May 31, 2006
Yeah I would add Archibald. Low ceiling but he has a good shot of turning into an NHLer, and will probably get some time up with the big club this coming season.

Andersson and Tommernes should be added soon as well.

Pseudonymous*

He wouldn't crack the top 5 but with some of the other names on that list I think Archibald should be among them.

All in all though the poll question still seems too vague to me... are we rating prospects on their potential or NHL readiness?

I also find it hard to lump goalies into the mix... let alone placing a ranking on a guy like Corrado as compared to Shinkaruk.

I'm a lot of help eh?

How i find myself ranking them , which player would i be wanting to get if two of them were being traded for one another...

horvat is being traded for corrado, what team would you rather be

Pseudonymous*

Aren't your best prospects the ones that are most NHL ready? :shakehead

No because you dont even get a shot at the team until your a certain age. And some players have certain toolsets while others do not. Just because Archibald has the size and pro experience now to step in as a 4th line player next year, doesnt' make him a better prospect than Horvat. :laugh:

Its funny that the guy who is igniting this debate is Corrado since we both actually agree he should be near the top, or atleast at the top, hes nhl ready and real good. So no problem with people voting for him, even if they weren't voting for readiness, love the player.

But i'd trade Corrado for prospects like Horvat, Drouin, Mckinnon, ... well to be honest, those maybe aren't the best names cuz i didnt' follow them in junior so they could bust for all i know.. a better example would have been yakupov a year ago since it was obvious he was going to be a good player in the nhl.

Last edited by a moderator:

StringerBell

I really can't decide. There's arguments for Shinkaruk, Jensen, Corrado and Lack (less so Gaunce IMO) that all seem perfectly valid. The more I think about it the less convinced I am.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
After Horvat, our 2, 3 and 4 slots here get very mucky. I went with Shinkaruk because he's shiny and new, and quite frankly I forgot about about Frankie :help:

arsmaster*

Graduating a guy with 3 NHL regular season games seems premature anyways.

Voted Shinkaruk.

ShouldveDraftedFiala

Feb 20, 2007
Thats what I'm not sure of.

If we drafted Seth Jones would he rated higher than Corrado?

How about Nurse?

He probably would be, just as Horvat was rated higher than Corrado.

But ANY top 10 pick would be. Even the busts.

Does the top 10 pick have the potential of being better than Corrado? Of course, but Corrado is proven, we've seen him play and he's looked great.

arshonagon

Nov 16, 2009
Victoria, BC
I went with Gaunce, I feel he has good second line upside but is also very NHL ready and could fill a lot of slots in any line-up. He just beat out Corrado(3) and Shinkaruk(4) IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln