Post-Game Talk: Could've been worse. Leafs go down 3-1 in the game and the series.

Cassell

Apr 28, 2024
Watching this team fail badly the last eight years has really made me nostalgic for the Leafs teams of the late 90’s and early 2000’s. those teams were made up of excellent goaltending and players who would punish you on the boards and battle for everything. Gary Roberts. Darcy Tucker. Shayne Corson. Tie Domi. Curtis Joseph followed by Ed Belfour. Mats Sundin. Alex Mogilny. Such a disappointment that leaders like that are no longer anywhere to be found on this team.

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
Screenshot_20240428_101219_Chrome.jpg

We just gotta become part of the 10% boys and girls. I'm angry too, I'm annoyed, I am BEYOND frustrated.

Yet, let's save a glimmer of hope for the boys. Win or lose it's okay. We win, we see what this team is made of. We lose, the experiment is finally over.

So cheer up my beautiful butter cups. Either way something positive is coming to Leafs nation.

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
At least the team is entertaining to watch with their high-powered offence even if they do lose.

Oh, wait a minute.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Watching this team fail badly the last eight years has really made me nostalgic for the Leafs teams of the late 90’s and early 2000’s. those teams were made up of excellent goaltending and players who would punish you on the boards and battle for everything. Gary Roberts. Darcy Tucker. Shayne Corson. Tie Domi. Curtis Joseph followed by Ed Belfour. Mats Sundin. Alex Mogilny. Such a disappointment that leaders like that are no longer anywhere to be found on this team.
Well said .

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
We had the opportunity to break up the core 4 and retain assets last early May to July 1st. Instead, the organization chose to run it back. Try retooling everything around the core 4 to try and force it into succeeding. Now we're either going to have to overpay to keep Marner past next season, or let him walk.

This organization is so freaking stupid. It's baffling.
Don't forget the $6M in raises to 34 and 88

Reactions: PromisedLand

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Marner will waive his NMC. There's only so much public humiliation a person can take before they decide to move on. He also can't handle the Toronto pressure. I think he actually asks for a trade this off season.
Probably better for both player and team……..

Cassell

Apr 28, 2024
I think at this point even Keefe sees the writing on the wall. He’s just waiting for the formality of the ending of this series and then the hammer to drop.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Shanahan said we were not going to go for a quick fix.

Then he went for a quick fix.
If hiring a Rookie gm that hires a rookie coach with no business coaching in this league is a shortcut....

😂
f***ing moron Keefe of course waits until the series is basically over to throw in Woll. I’m not even confident in Woll but Samsonov was f***ing trash in Game 3 and yet his dumbass goes back to him.

Not entirely Samsonov’s fault but I can’t take ANYMORE of this crap.
Dubas and Keefe are perhaps the worst goalie selectors the league has ever seen. Lol

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Huge missed opportunity last year not raising a banner and having a parade for the 1st round victory, good chance it'll be another 20 years before we see that again.

It's a business first team and doing alright in the regular season, selling jerseys is the safe bean counter play. Wouldn't be surprised if Shanahan gets a promotion for hitting revenue targets. Maybe they will even give the golden parachute to Keefe and he can be his personal assistant next year. Outside of getting a new punching bag in the head coach spot, wouldn't expect anything substantial to change.

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
The entire eastern conference is currently lopsided. Series either down 3-1 or 3-0. So it's not as if we are the only ones getting our asses kicked here.

View attachment 861065
The difference is that:
1.Tampa has already won their cups
2.Washington already won their cup
3.The Islanders aren't paying their stars what we pay to our stars and even with their obviously lesser talented team, they've been to the conference finals

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Our salary structure is extremely flawed. Over $40Mill spend on forwards and they can't produce in the playoffs 8 years running. Everyone advocating building from the net out was right. The question now is what to do since you can't trade any of the core 4 to get that stud goalie or defenceman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad