• Kucherov

• Draisaitl

• Wheeler

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

TMLeafs17

Why so salty?
Oct 5, 2017
Here is the primary assist leaderboard (this stat is only last season + this season)
worth to note that Wheeler has been leading ALL players in primary assists since 2011

lVRDXRw.png

Oh this is juicy! Now do this season so far.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Wheeler has been the best the last few years and should be winning this poll. That said Marner and Rantanen are the future so I get why some will pick them.

Reactions: dukeofjive

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
Here is the primary assist leaderboard (this stat is only last season + this season)
worth to note that Wheeler has been leading ALL players in primary assists since 2011

lVRDXRw.png

Wow didnt realize wheeler had the most primary assists since 2011!

Hes gotta be slowing down soon though and players like rantanen and marner, who are only 21, are really starting to tear it up.

Add in gaudreau and kane.

Only wrong ones imo are drai and Marchand

Reactions: dukeofjive

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
Elias Lindholm previous career high in goals was 17. 4 years ago.

28 games with Gaudreau and he is sitting at 13 already. On pace for 38 right now.

Monahan's production has not taken a hit either. He is on pace for almost 50 goals this year.

If the answer isn't Gaudreau then he is near the top.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Man, HF is pretty bad with the "what have you done for me lately" mentality, but we're seriously already anointing Marner the best playmaking winger because of a hot 2 months? Guy is sitting at a completely unsustainable 14.2% on ice shooting percentage. He wasn't even top 30 in assists last season despite playing 82 games. Kucherov is 3 assists behind (at a much more manageable 11.7 oiSH%) and put up more than 60 last season yet has 1 vote. Raantanen put up better numbers last year and so far this year.

Kid is seriously impressive but it's way too early to put him over proven performers. A hot 2 months doesn't make him better than guys like Wheeler, Kane and Giroux who have multiple 50+ assist seasons without the favorable conditions Marner has right now.

Serious overreaction for him to be winning this poll so handily already. But I guess it's to be expected when it comes to Toronto's young guns.
I could care less about a hot or even cold two months or whatever. I’ve personally anointed him because it’s clear that he has the vision and creativity that very, very few players in this league have.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I went with Marner.

I don't think he's superior to these other great players like Rantanen or Kucherov (they are better goal scorers and probably better overall) but in terms of strictly playmaking I think it's Marner. He leads the league with 24 primary assists. I believe second has 18.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Kid is seriously impressive but it's way too early to put him over proven performers. A hot 2 months doesn't make him better than guys like Wheeler, Kane and Giroux who have multiple 50+ assist seasons without the favorable conditions Marner has right now.

It's not a hot two months. He was doing this in the second half last year, you just weren't paying attention. Also lol at talking about his "favorable conditions" while mentioning Wheeler.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
I didnt expect him to get many votes, but I think last year Marchand was 2nd with Gaudreau for most assists/game amongst wingers. (51A in 68gp)

c4rdsh4rk

Sep 17, 2007
bit surprised marchand has 0 votes. criminally underrated. marner is making his way up there as is rantanen, but on pure skill and reliability im going with gaudrea, marchand and wheeler at this exact point. by this time next year and moving forward could replace marchand and wheeler for marner rantanen.

Reactions: Haatley

barrsdow

Jul 3, 2017
Man, HF is pretty bad with the "what have you done for me lately" mentality, but we're seriously already anointing Marner the best playmaking winger because of a hot 2 months? Guy is sitting at a completely unsustainable 14.2% on ice shooting percentage. He wasn't even top 30 in assists last season despite playing 82 games. Kucherov is 3 assists behind (at a much more manageable 11.7 oiSH%) and put up more than 60 last season yet has 1 vote. Raantanen put up better numbers last year and so far this year.

Serious overreaction for him to be winning this poll so handily already. But I guess it's to be expected when it comes to Toronto's young guns.

Thats literally the whole point of HF you cant fight it, just be the same when your favorite player is doing well.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Giroux is technically the reigning king right now being the leader in the league last season.

Mar 26, 2010
Marner, and by a wide margin. He is on another level than all the other guys in this poll.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Marner leading by 5, 2nd is Wheeler.

This season only is way too small sample size. If we take this season only then Rantanen is better than McDavid AINEC.

Not really though if you consider one guy plays with someone nearly as good as McDavid 24/7.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad