• Kane

• Kucherov

• Draisaitl

• Wheeler

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
I'm not sure how marner won this tbh. I don't even have him in the top 5 for playmaking wingers.

Wheeler
Gaudreau
Kucherov
Rantanen
Kane

Marner falls somewhere in the 6-10 range for me.
I don't get it either. I could see how he would be in the top 5 for some other people, but putting him at number 1 doesn't make logical sense. It's really hard for me to decide, but I just saw the hawks play Calgary a few weeks ago and I am still in awe with how good Gaudreau looked. Definitely a case for any of those top 5 you mentioned.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Just remember Marner beat gaudreau in a “better player” poll a couple of months ago. By a big margin.

It’s the yearly Marner > Gaudreau Leaf fan gathering.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
This such a difficult category to determine. Sure you can look at assist numbers and assume that if someone has a lot of assists they are a great playmaker. But how do we know that those assists were a result of great passes or did they come about because someone deflected your shot on goal into the net or you took a shot and someone banged in your rebound? To me when that happens it doesn't define you as a great playmaker.... Which is why I voted for Gaudreau. He has great vision and he can generate goals by way of his great puck handling and passing plays. Nobody has the ability to handle a puck in heavy traffic and still have the ability to spot an open team mate and dish it off to him for a quality scoring chance like Gaudreau. The guy is a wizard with the puck and he's the best in the league at it.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
How is Kucherov getting so few votes? Is it because he's also a deadly goal scorer, and so the perception is he's not as good at playmaking?

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Marner is 4th in assists among wingers this season, he was 12th last season, he’s 8th if you combine the two seasons.

He won this poll. And Leafs fans still insist that there is a bias against their players on this forum.

Do you have a problem with reading? I said primary assist is the best stat to judge a players playmaking abilities. Another person said no assists in general are which is ridiculous cause you guys are speaking about the one play in a million play that the second assist player created the play to try and discredit primary assists. It's the exception not the norm. Whats more likely to occur, the player who directly made the play that lead to the goal creating the scoring chance or the second last person creating the play? You posted "playmaking is not just simply primary assists" which no one said was in the first place. Everything else in your post is meaningless nonesence that didn't add or give anything to the convo. What's the best stat to display who creates the most scoring chances for your teammates? Im arguing its primary assists and instead of proposing a different state "this is beyond stupid, I can't disprove what you say but I'll post a bunch of nothing to try and sound like I know something I dont" was your reply

Marner is now 3rd among wingers in primary assists this season and he was 20th last season. Combine the two seasons and he’s 5th, with 24 fewer primary assists than 1st place Blake Wheeler.

Are you still going to argue that this is Marner based on nothing but primary assists?

Last edited:

barrsdow

Jul 3, 2017
What's even the point of doing polls involving Leafs players? They will always be heavily skewed because of the amount of Toronto fans here.

Unless its crystal clear, most of them will vote leafs no matter what the poll is. Really no point

Reactions: Snowman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad