• Kucherov

• Draisaitl

• Wheeler

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
Here is the primary assist leaderboard (this stat is only last season + this season)
worth to note that Wheeler has been leading ALL players in primary assists since 2011

lVRDXRw.png

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
Man, HF is pretty bad with the "what have you done for me lately" mentality, but we're seriously already anointing Marner the best playmaking winger because of a hot 2 months? Guy is sitting at a completely unsustainable 14.2% on ice shooting percentage. He wasn't even top 30 in assists last season despite playing 82 games. Kucherov is 3 assists behind (at a much more manageable 11.7 oiSH%) and put up more than 60 last season yet has 1 vote. Raantanen put up better numbers last year and so far this year.

Kid is seriously impressive but it's way too early to put him over proven performers. A hot 2 months doesn't make him better than guys like Wheeler, Kane and Giroux who have multiple 50+ assist seasons without the favorable conditions Marner has right now.

Serious overreaction for him to be winning this poll so handily already. But I guess it's to be expected when it comes to Toronto's young guns.

Last edited:

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Man, HF is pretty bad with the "what have you done for me lately" mentality, but we're seriously already anointing Marner the best playmaking winger because of a hot 2 months? Guy is sitting at a completely unsustainable 14.2% on ice shooting percentage. He wasn't even top 30 in assists last season despite playing 82 games. Kucherov is 3 assists behind (at a much more manageable 11.7 oiSH%) and put up more than 60 last season yet has 1 vote. Raantanen put up better numbers last year and so far this year.

Kid is seriously impressive but it's way too early to put him over proven performers. A hot 2 months doesn't make him better than guys like Wheeler, Kane and Giroux who have multiple 50+ assist seasons without the favorable conditions Marner has right now.

Serious overreaction for him to be winning this poll so handily already. But I guess it's to be expected when it comes to Toronto's young guns.

It's understandable, you don't watch him enough. He's 21 and he's not just merely having a hot 2 months. You'll soon find out.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
lol how many of those Marner votes are by Leafs fans. He's having a great season but he is not yet above the likes of Kane, Kucherov, Giroux, Wheeler, Gaudreau.

And if we were just playing the recency bias game, it would be Rantanen.

You could argue any number of guys, but leading the league in primary assists you're going to be in the discussion after 28 games.

Reactions: Stamkos4life

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
I'd take Wheeler. Might not be long before it's Marner though. Kid is getting better each year.

Reactions: libertarian

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
I'd take Wheeler. Might not be long before it's Marner though. Kid is getting better each year.
I agree with this. It's been Wheeler for a while, and Marner is coming up, probably gonna take over sooner than later if he keeps this up.

Reactions: libertarian

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Primary assists have never been more relevant in Leaf land.

The guy who directly passed it to a goal scorer the most so far this season is in the discussion now, it's unbelievable really. Not to mention he sets up numerous more chances that go unfinished nearly every game.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
The guy who directly passed it to a goal scorer the most so far this season is in the discussion now, it's unbelievable really. Not to mention he sets up numerous more chances that go unfinished nearly every game.
And he also plays with a top 7-8 centre according to a lot of Leafs fans who watch him every game.

I think if you put Gaudreau in his spot he would outshine Marner.

Marner is definitely top 3 though, no doubt in my mind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad