Who Is The Best Player That Nobody Talks About?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Over the last 100 games, as in - if each player were to be compared on the points they scored during their own last 100 games played, here are the top scorers in the league:

1. McDavid, 136
2. Marchand, 130
3. Malkin, 127
4. Kucherov, 124
5. Giroux, 116
6. Wheeler, 112
7. Crosby, 110
8. Gaudreau, 109
9. Getzlaf, 108
10. Kopitar, 106 (tie)
10. Scheifele, 106 (tie)

Somehow it feels like most of these players don't get the recognition they deserve.
Image seeing this AND being a hockey reporter, and not knowing what position Giroux plays.

He was voted top 5 in voting at LW, C AND RW last year for the All Star lines by the media guys who vote.

Just sad.

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
Yeah what I said is definitely the same as saying no one talks about Tavares. Astute observation.

So you really think no one talks about Getzlaf? He is the key center on that team just like those other guys.

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
I think Toronto gets slightly more attention than Anaheim.

Everyone talks about Getzlaf when they talk about Anaheim just like those guys when they talk about their team. This thread is entitled

Explain how the most talked about player on any team can possibly qualify for that?

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Scheifele? As far as the truly elite. Barkov is a good one. It was Kuznetsov but I feel like he gets attention now.

If we are talking about guys that most people don't know exist that are great players, Edmundson.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Monahan has more goals (142) and points in the NHL than anyone in his draft class and the draft class below him. If you go back two draft classes, only Kucherov (147) and Landeskog (143) have more goals, and only Gaudreau, Schiefele, and RNH have more points.

Monahan is so underappreciated.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Monahan has more goals (142) and points in the NHL than anyone in his draft class and the draft class below him. If you go back two draft classes, only Kucherov (147) and Landeskog (143) have more goals, and only Gaudreau, Schiefele, and RNH have more points.

Might want to check that again boss.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Might want to check that again boss.

Sure... checked again and it's no less true than the first time I looked :)
fNKPZHQ

hffQjd0

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
2013 NHL Draft
Nathan Mackinnon 1st overall = 307 Career Points
Sean Monahan 6th overall = 286 career points

D'oh I actually meant to remove the points part in there... it's a recycle of a post i've used before, and until last season Monahan was ahead of Mackinnon in points too! Sorry about that!

Crazydounut

Oct 10, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Hampus Lindholm is arguably a top 10 dman. He gets way less attention then he does.
Colton Parayko is also arguably a top 10 dman and he doesn't get the recognition he deserves

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC
I don't get how Barkov is always on here. Like if he's on these list by this many people I feel enough acknowledge his skill at this point

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome

Monahan is a losing argument as people just say he is a product of Gaudreau, which is ridiculous. They complement each other very well.

I said it before, Monahan will flirt with 40 goals this year.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Everyone talks about Getzlaf when they talk about Anaheim just like those guys when they talk about their team. This thread is entitled

Explain how the most talked about player on any team can possibly qualify for that?

Getzlaf gets talked about when Anaheim is brought up, sure, but A) Anaheim isn't brought up as often as many teams and B) he's mysteriously absent in a lot of top center talk where Anaheim isn't specifically brought up. He's been in the league long enough that he's kind of old news these days, and people seem to forget about him in those discussions. I've even seen some people say he's been on the decline lately, despite having one of the best PPGs over the last 2 seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad