Who Is The Best Player That Nobody Talks About?

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
Brian Dumoulin.

Overshadowed by a roster full of stars and 2 high scoring dmen, he was the most important defenseman in the 2017 SC run. One of the best defensive players in the league.
He is limited offensively so he isn't a sexy name, but his defensive game is unmatched on the team.

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
Blues do not play the Panthers often, and they never get national coverage, but when I do get to watch Barkov play, I always ask myself who is this beautiful stallion and why is the NHL hiding him from us.

He is so impressive every time I see him.

Last edited:

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Brian Dumoulin.

Overshadowed by a roster full of stars and 2 high scoring dmen, he was the most important defenseman in the 2017 SC run. One of the best defensive players in the league.
He is limited offensively so he isn't a sexy name, but his defensive game is unmatched on the team.

Great comment here, man. Dumoulin is highly underrated. Great shut-down player, great skater, physical when he needs to be, and can move the puck fairly well.

saxonmiller

May 26, 2017
Winnipeg
Manson, Raanta, Pastrnak, Giordano, Aho, Rantanen, S. Jones, Benn, Radulov, Barkov, Trochek, Granlund, Forsberg, Barzal (even with a Calder, still not talked about a whole lot it seems), Skjei, Stone, Malkin, Dumoulin, Couture, Schwartz, Wheeler, Scheifele

A few names I can think of from almost every team. Non-extensive.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
giphy.gif

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Max Pacioretty, Jonathan Marchessault, Brayden Point, Mark Giordano, Jaccob Slavin, Dougie Hamilton, Filip Forsberg, idk there’s a bunch more

rinne

Oct 10, 2016
Tampere
Barkov.

There was a short period of time during the spring when Barkov was subject of discussion relatively lot even in this forum. But that lasted for what? Two weeks or so? Apart from that... There really isn't lot. And it has been so since his draft year. There was no "Laine" kind of hype even though Barkov played one hell of draft year. Hell, even Mikael Granlund probably had more hype at some point...

For a center who is currently arguably top5 at his position, there sure isn't a lot of talk about Barkov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->