Who Is The Best Player That Nobody Talks About?

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
I'd probably say Blake Wheeler.

Out of the young kids I'd probably say David Pastrnak.

And all the vets whom play for The Wild. How often does anyone talk about E. Staal, Suter, Vanek, Parise?

stranger

Jan 18, 2015
MN
I'd probably say Blake Wheeler.

Out of the young kids I'd probably say David Pastrnak.

And all the vets whom play for The Wild. How often does anyone talk about E. Staal, Suter, Vanek, Parise?
Probably because they're the leaders of mediocrity.

Oleksiy Armyakov

Dec 31, 2017
My Matthews is by far the most underrated player in NHL history. People still rate him worse than overrated McDavid and it hurts me so much

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
I hate him naturally but Austin Matthews is a beast and I fully expect him to be better than Mcdavid. His hockey iq is off the charts.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Essentially think of guys on smaller fan bases. Barkov is much better than advertised. Guy is so good at both ends.
Gotisbehere is another that I barely hear of.

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
Getzlaf gets talked about when Anaheim is brought up, sure, but A) Anaheim isn't brought up as often as many teams and B) he's mysteriously absent in a lot of top center talk where Anaheim isn't specifically brought up. He's been in the league long enough that he's kind of old news these days, and people seem to forget about him in those discussions. I've even seen some people say he's been on the decline lately, despite having one of the best PPGs over the last 2 seasons.

Right, but he isn't the best player who isn't talked about at all because he gets talked about all the time. He gets passed over more now than he used to because of guys like McDavid and Mathews, etc but so does Joe Thornton and Patrick Kane, the thing is that people still talk about them all the time.

Who is the guy on the Ducks that nobody talks about but is still a very good player? When people discuss the Ducks I always hear about Getzlaf, Perry, Rakell, Kesler, Silverberg, Lindholm, Fowler, and Gibson. The answer for the Ducks is someone other than those players.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Blake Wheeler and Claude Giroux are both legit top-tier players who seem to get swept under the rug.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad