Who is the 2nd best goal scorer of the NHL?

2nd best scorer

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Bill

Know it all
Sep 21, 2011
So what, he has played a lot more games! He has 14 goals now in 21 games, It took Mathews a 7 or 8 games to score 10. If Mathews come back soon enough he'll surpass Laine again!!!!!! The only time Laine surpasses Mathews is when he is injured, never when healthy.
First, it’s 19 goals in 22 games, not 14. Second, it’s absurd to speculate upon what a player might achieve if he didn’t get hurt. Never has a scoring champion ever been declared for what might of been. You have to understand that at the end of the day, you have to play the games.​

Uncle Bill

Know it all
Sep 21, 2011
It's guys like you that these polls cannot be taken seriously, you admitted to voting Laine just because you can't stand the Leafs fan base. Just goes to show that polls are useless and should be banned.
At least you told the truth.
Yesterday a leaf fan said basically the same thing.

I like Laine, but this kind of stuff makes me want to root against him.

jepjepjoo

Dec 31, 2002
Matthews: 0.54 goals per game
Laine: 0.53

Matthews is better, but it's close. Laine is also hurt by only currently only being a top threat to score in a small part of the game, even if he's the best at it

They must have made you and honorary Finn....In my books .01 is still better! All the Finns would be doing cartwheels to prove the .01 is better.

0.56 > 0.54

:popcorn:

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Yes, voting for the guy who scores more goals per game is grasping at straws. I should have gone with a smart argument, like deciding that health is directly affected by goal scoring ability. It's funny how it's only too close to call when it comes to voting for Matthews, though. You had no trouble voting for Laine

I vote for the guy with 0,01 less goals but stays healthy and thus scores 10+ more goals/season.

c4rdsh4rk

Sep 17, 2007
mcdavid because he will get goals in so many ways, even by using his teammates.

id take matthews over laine as i think he will sustain his goal scoring ability longer and can score in more ways. less likely to slump, if it werent for the damn injuries.

Mar 26, 2010
Laine might be the best goal scorer now. His shot is lethal.

No question OV and Laine are top.

Matthews has some work to do when he gets back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad