Who is most likely to win Stanley Cup Next year?

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Here Is The Legendary Rat Of HFBoards! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 13, 2012
how is this for acceptance? lets do a quick ring count

caps 1...

pens 1 ...2 ...3...4...5

any questions??
Should not you talk just about teams and players still relevant today and leave the "glory days" of hockey in the 80's and 90's behind you?

So it's should be Caps 1... and Pens 3... right?

HF007

Sep 9, 2008
LOL awfully cocky for a team that couldn't get out of the 2nd round for 20 years

never forget where you came from...

Recently it's been because of the new playoff system, caps and pens have been the best 2 teams the last three years, even though they meet in the second round

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Leafs
Jets
Lightning
Caps
Preds

Those are the 5 I expect to be battling it out when push comes to shove.

Most of them are set up for long term success as well, so I don't see the list changing a whole lot over the next few years.

The Leafs haven't made it out of the 1st round since what 2004? I'm not sure why they're in the same category as teams like Pittsburgh, Tampa and Nashville who have won 2 cups, or made it to finals/conference finals recently.

Basing your projection of the 2019 Leafs on the performance of teams that played 10+ years ago seems rather silly. New management, new core, new opportunity.

I think we see a cup in Canada... thats all im saying

I like your style :)

I think the Winnipeg Jets. They have a few popular players that I'm not the biggest fan of, like Tyler Myers, but in general that lineup is deadly. The offense is at least as loaded as Toronto's, but they've got a way better defense. I think they'll pull it off.

This is true - my only concern is I didn't love Winnipeg's offseason. With that being said, Helle should have a similar performance, and if he does, Winnipeg is the team to beat in my eyes. 2nd only to Tampa Bay in goal differential last year.

Why are leafs in A. Put us in B at the very highest lol.

At the very highest?

I think Toronto could be argued in either A or B. Depends a lot on what you think of Tavares and what his impact will be. Saying they aren't a top 10 contender is a bit silly.

Last edited:

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
The past 4 years (2015-2018) the Eastern Conference had 2 teams that went to the ECF 3 times: Tampa Bay and Pittsburgh, no other team repeated, making it predictable for one or both of those teams to make it next year.
The Western Conference had 7 different teams (only team to repeat was Anaheim twice) in the WCF, making it much less predicatble which 2 teams will make the final 4. It's been almost entirely different scenarios the last 4 years.

Final Four Prediction:
:boltsvs :pens
:bluesvs:edmonton

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Until proven otherwise, its Caps vs Pens for the Cup. 3 years in a row is certainly enough for a trend.

Rest of the NHL is playing catch up to them. It may happen this year....or we may see Caps v Pens, round 4, for the Cup.

(Lets go Caps!)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad