Who is most likely to win Stanley Cup Next year?

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
I believe Pool D
try pool world war z, or pool the lost city of z

Or some letter far off in the distant alphabet that represents a pool that no one else goes to. Maybe this pool is even closed. I feel bad for sens fans......

Icejoker

Sep 14, 2015
Its always depends on the goalies, Pens won two years when they have Fleury and Murray last season Caps have Grubauer and save Holtby to the playoff, the team with the two best goalie win. So probably Oilers.

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
Swap Toronto anf winnipeg in pool A

Then Pool A.

Toronto belongs in pool B with that AHL calibre defense
Surely you feel the same way about Tampa's and Washington's defense, both of which allowed more goals then the Leafs did last season.

Strange how they did that with apparenty sub par goaltending according to a lot of people on here.

Reactions: HoBOonFiRE

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
I can see it being won by the East again. If i were assigning odds i'd make T.B the favorite, so group A.

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
I don't get how you determined who was in Pool A & B. If you are implying that Pool A are the 4 most likely teams to win the Cup, then this whole thread is off the rails from the start.

From Pool A I'd say Tampa has the only chance at the Cup.
My Cup winner would be from B. Probably Boston.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Anaheim New Jersey Philly and Columbus are only playoff teams not included.

I go with A, the contenders.

Round 2 of TBL and TOR will be the true Stanley cup final this year.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
pretty clearly B for me

I look at it as Winnipeg/Boston/Washington more or less cancel out Nashville/Toronto/Pittsburgh

then that leaves Tampa vs Vegas/San Jose/Minnesota/La/Colorado

Tampa's good but definitely not THAT good

then C has too many teams in it that are just plain iffy to even make the Playoffs

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
Anaheim New Jersey Philly and Columbus are only playoff teams not included.

I go with A, the contenders.

Round 2 of TBL and TOR will be the true Stanley cup final this year.

No, the Stanley Cup final between 2 finalists is going to be the true Stanley Cup final next year.

GordieHowsUrBreath

Nostalgia... STOP DWELLING ON THE PAST
Jun 16, 2016
the pens

washington belongs in tier 2, you could argue that's being generous since only the truly elite have repeated

one aberration year doesn't make up for years of losing so how can you think of them as a favorite

HF007

Sep 9, 2008
Washington should be A, I think it comes to the pens and caps again for the SC final

HF007

Sep 9, 2008
the pens

washington belongs in tier 2, you could argue that's being generous since only the truly elite have repeated

one aberration year doesn't make up for years of losing so how can you think of them as a favorite

I think that gets overstated, they only lost to good teams. The only bad loss was Tampa 2011, even the 2010 loss the pens loss the next round.

GordieHowsUrBreath

Nostalgia... STOP DWELLING ON THE PAST
Jun 16, 2016
I think that gets overstated, they only lost to good teams. The only bad loss was Tampa 2011, even the 2010 loss the pens loss the next round.

yes they did lose to great teams, some of the best we've ever seen

but it's unrealistic to think the can go back to back as that is almost unfathomable for any team to pull off so they belong in the 2nd tier because of that

HF007

Sep 9, 2008
yes they did lose to great teams, some of the best we've ever seen

but it's unrealistic to think the can go back to back as that is almost unfathomable for any team to pull off so they belong in the 2nd tier because of that

They will win the first round easy.
Probably play the pens again which they should win as murray is shaky and their D has not improved from last year,
Then face TB or Boston or Toronto, TB giving them the most threat (this is where they might have troubles)
And the West is weak so that will be easy.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
I don't get how you determined who was in Pool A & B. If you are implying that Pool A are the 4 most likely teams to win the Cup, then this whole thread is off the rails from the start.

From Pool A I'd say Tampa has the only chance at the Cup.
My Cup winner would be from B. Probably Boston.

Yeah. Boston is as good as anyone in the East. Washington's the defending champs. Winnipeg is a great team. Vegas just made the Finals. etc.

My top 4 at this second would probably be Tampa, Boston, Winnipeg and Nashville. but there's also those two teams that were just actually in The Finals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad