Who is most likely to win Stanley Cup Next year?

BillNy

Jun 20, 2018
those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it... that's bad news for washington

nostalgia is not being able to let go of years gone by that you feel were superior to the present day

hope that helps

What are you talking about? Look at their instagram posts, there's no way they remember winning the Stanley Cup, I don't think repeating that would be so bad.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Jets and Tampa would be my favorites from each conference going into the season.

GordieHowsUrBreath

Nostalgia... STOP DWELLING ON THE PAST
Jun 16, 2016
The Caps whupping the Pens physically and in the scoreboard must have been really traumatizing for you.

not at all i was happy to see them finally get it done after what 40 years or so? after that long you can't help but feel bad

plus it enhanced the pens legacy, now the haters can't claim "pens just beat weak teams during their cup runs"

Feb 24, 2017
not at all i was happy to see them finally get it done after what 40 years or so? after that long you can't help but feel bad

plus it enhanced the pens legacy, now the haters can't claim "pens just beat weak teams during their cup runs"
Your quote by your name says “STOP DWELLING ON THE PAST”

You seem to be dwelling pretty hard on past events with your threads lately.

Reactions: kmart and amethyst
Feb 24, 2017
The Leafs haven't made it out of the 1st round since what 2004? I'm not sure why they're in the same category as teams like Pittsburgh, Tampa and Nashville who have won 2 cups, or made it to finals/conference finals recently.
Cause leafs

GordieHowsUrBreath

Jun 16, 2016
Your quote by your name says “STOP DWELLING ON THE PAST”

You seem to be dwelling pretty hard on past events with your threads lately.

my quote is about nostalgia and all the people here that yearn for the "glory days" of hockey in the 80's and 90's

i'm talking about teams and players still relevant today

Foots

ALL OURS
May 5, 2018

Ummm, no.

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
It's hilarious watching the pens fans go through the five stages of grief. Considering their posts in this thread, I assume they're finally at the 'acceptance' stage.

"not at all i was happy to see them finally get it done after what 40 years or so? after that long you can't help but feel bad"
"plus it enhanced the pens legacy, now the haters can't claim "pens just beat weak teams during their cup runs"

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
The Leafs haven't made it out of the 1st round since what 2004? I'm not sure why they're in the same category as teams like Pittsburgh, Tampa and Nashville who have won 2 cups, or made it to finals/conference finals recently.
The real question is how you even think not going past round one since 2004 is relevant. Are some here really going to sit there and act like the Leafs aren't a contender? Are you guys this threatened by the thought of a successful leafs run? Sure seems that way.

GordieHowsUrBreath

Jun 16, 2016
It's hilarious watching the pens fans go through the five stages of grief. Considering their posts in this thread, I assume they're finally at the 'acceptance' stage.

"not at all i was happy to see them finally get it done after what 40 years or so? after that long you can't help but feel bad"
"plus it enhanced the pens legacy, now the haters can't claim "pens just beat weak teams during their cup runs"

how is this for acceptance? lets do a quick ring count

caps 1...

pens 1 ...2 ...3...4...5

any questions??

MikeGrier99

May 20, 2017
Not sold on Toronto at all. They have some shiny toys in their core, but unless you have Crosby + Malkin (neither Tavares or Matthews will ever be at that level), generally defense wins cups. I would take group B.

gtrower

Feb 10, 2016
Pools A/B both have 3 legit contenders so it’d be silly to not take the extra teams with B. Who knows how these teams will look in 9 months.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think Trouba or not the Jets could still do it. Just hoping we trade Trouba for something good or better for the Jets.

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Here Is The Legendary Rat Of HFBoards! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 13, 2012

LOL Pens fans again...:rolleyes:
This cup win will only be benefit to the Caps because they won't be seen as chokers anymore, at least for a time but blablabla...Penguins...blablabla.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad