Who is most likely to win Stanley Cup Next year?

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
The Leafs haven't made it out of the 1st round since what 2004? I'm not sure why they're in the same category as teams like Pittsburgh, Tampa and Nashville who have won 2 cups, or made it to finals/conference finals recently.

Reactions: MikeyMike01

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
pretty clearly B for me

I look at it as Winnipeg/Boston/Washington more or less cancel out Nashville/Toronto/Pittsburgh

then that leaves Tampa vs Vegas/San Jose/Minnesota/La/Colorado

Tampa's good but definitely not THAT good

then C has too many teams in it that are just plain iffy to even make the Playoffs

yeah. And even then Tampa only got 1st in the division on the last day of the season, getting one more point than the Bruins. They beat them in the playoffs and would be favoured over Boston again because of that - but it was rather a strangely reffed series to put it mildly.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
I have no idea why the pools are constructed as they are. There doesn’t seem to be any logic behind them.

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
They will win the first round easy.
Probably play the pens again which they should win as murray is shaky and their D has not improved from last year,
Then face TB or Boston or Toronto, TB giving them the most threat (this is where they might have troubles)
And the West is weak so that will be easy.
Bless your heart.

GordieHowsUrBreath

Nostalgia... STOP DWELLING ON THE PAST
Jun 16, 2016
They will win the first round easy.
Probably play the pens again which they should win as murray is shaky and their D has not improved from last year,
Then face TB or Boston or Toronto, TB giving them the most threat (this is where they might have troubles)
And the West is weak so that will be easy.

LOL awfully cocky for a team that couldn't get out of the 2nd round for 20 years

never forget where you came from...

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
Only on HF would the defending champs be ranked lower than a team that hasn’t won a round of hockey together yet.

I go with Group A; I don’t see how many teams could knock out Tampa or Nashville.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
A team from

Pool A

Pittsburgh
Tampa Bay
Toronto
Nashville

Pool B

Washington
Vegas
Winnipeg
Boston
Colorado
La Kings
Minnesota
San Jose

Pool C

Rest of league

-Which pool of teams are you most confident in to win the cup in one of these pools?
Could you put the Canucks in Pool A please.
That might be the only time I get to vote for them in a poll for a long time!:laugh:

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
It’s like no one has a sense of humour around here.
Lol, sorry just a Toronto fan here taking a friendly dig at the Sens. Although, if you did somehow make the playoffs and were lucky enough to face the Leafs, at least we would be guaranteed o finally make it out of the first round! Stomping Ottawa early in the playoffs used to be an anual in Toronto... before getting stomped by the Flyers and Devils.
:laugh:

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it... that's bad news for washington

nostalgia is not being able to let go of years gone by that you feel were superior to the present day

hope that helps

I was referring to your status lol

Foots

ALL OURS
May 5, 2018
those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it... that's bad news for washington

nostalgia is not being able to let go of years gone by that you feel were superior to the present day

hope that helps
The Caps whupping the Pens physically and in the scoreboard must have been really traumatizing for you.

BillNy

Jun 20, 2018
I think the Winnipeg Jets. They have a few popular players that I'm not the biggest fan of, like Tyler Myers, but in general that lineup is deadly. The offense is at least as loaded as Toronto's, but they've got a way better defense. I think they'll pull it off.

Reactions: MessierII

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad