OT: Who is An Argos Fan?

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Football fans mourn the death of Chris Schultz | Globalnews.ca

Longtime Canadian Football League and National Football League offensive lineman Chris Schultz has died after suffering a heart attack Thursday.

The native of Burlington, Ont., was 61.

The Toronto Argonauts confirmed the death Friday.

A larger-than-life personality both on and off the field.

A great player, broadcaster, friend, and ambassador for the game.

RIP Schultzy pic.twitter.com/Ooj43XyQxg

— Toronto Argonauts (@TorontoArgos) March 5, 2021

The CFL is deeply saddened to report that the football world has lost one of its most dedicated players and kindest souls, Chris Schultz. The CFL mourns the passing of Chris Schultz - CFL.ca

— CFL (@CFL) March 5, 2021

Picked by Dallas in the seventh round of the 1983 NFL draft after a college career at Arizona, the six-foot, eight-inch Schultz was with the Cowboys from 1983 to 1986 before returning home to play for the Argonauts.

Schultz was twice a CFL all-star during a nine-year playing career with the Argos.

Schultz was named to the Argos’ all-time team in 2007.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Winnipeg Blue Bombers, Montreal Alouettes top CFL Off-Season Team Grades - TSN.ca

Toronto Argonauts

Additions:
QB Nick Arbuckle, LB Cameron Judge, DL Charleston Hughes, WR Eric Rodgers, DL Cordarro Law, OL Cody Speller, WR Terrell Sinkfield, RB John White

Departures: LB Chris Ackie*, WR Natey Adjei*,DL Alex Bazzie*, LB Bo Lokombo*, DL Craig Roh*, QB Michael O’Connor, QB McLeod Bethel-Thompson

Quick Take on Additions:
The Argos are betting on the reunion of Arbuckle with his former Calgary position coach, Ryan Dinwiddie, who is now Toronto’s head coach. Judge and Hughes were stalwarts together in Saskatchewan, highlighting a class of additions that all have the potential to be impact players.

Quick Take on Departures:
Most of those on the exit train from Toronto never dressed for the Double Blue, thanks to the pandemic. Bethel-Thompson seems a good bet to resurface in Toronto before training camp.

Needs for the 2021 Season:
Depth at quarterback behind Arbuckle.

Overall Grade:
B – The Argos made improvements all over their roster, especially on the defensive line.

Note: Players without previous CFL experience were not included in the grading.
* - Player who joined the roster for the 2020 season but never played a game.

Reactions: keonsbitterness

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Winnipeg Blue Bombers, Montreal Alouettes top CFL Off-Season Team Grades - TSN.ca

Toronto Argonauts

Additions:
QB Nick Arbuckle, LB Cameron Judge, DL Charleston Hughes, WR Eric Rodgers, DL Cordarro Law, OL Cody Speller, WR Terrell Sinkfield, RB John White

Departures: LB Chris Ackie*, WR Natey Adjei*,DL Alex Bazzie*, LB Bo Lokombo*, DL Craig Roh*, QB Michael O’Connor, QB McLeod Bethel-Thompson

Quick Take on Additions:
The Argos are betting on the reunion of Arbuckle with his former Calgary position coach, Ryan Dinwiddie, who is now Toronto’s head coach. Judge and Hughes were stalwarts together in Saskatchewan, highlighting a class of additions that all have the potential to be impact players.

Quick Take on Departures:
Most of those on the exit train from Toronto never dressed for the Double Blue, thanks to the pandemic. Bethel-Thompson seems a good bet to resurface in Toronto before training camp.

Needs for the 2021 Season:
Depth at quarterback behind Arbuckle.

Overall Grade:
B – The Argos made improvements all over their roster, especially on the defensive line.

Note: Players without previous CFL experience were not included in the grading.
* - Player who joined the roster for the 2020 season but never played a game.

Your forgetting additions like Kony Ealy (DL), Paul Kozachuk (LB), DaVarious Daniels (WR), Juwan Brescacin (WR), Martavis Bryant (WR), Kendall Wright (WR), Odell Willis (DL), Shane Ray (DL), Robertson Daniel (DB)

How anyone in their right mind can say this is a B is horrible. This is an A+ off season.

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
out of curiosity, as this msg board has the youngest average age folks of any I'm on, does anyone who has any interest in the CFL think working with the XFL is in any way positive?

my normal avenues for social media see this as 100% negative...but those are circles with average ages well above this board.

i'm curious if any younger fans (say under the age of 40) would see this as positive? Would work with Duane Johnson be a positive thing to attract a younger audience?

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
I want the CFL to have nothing to do with the XFL. CFL is a Canadian League, joining with the XFL which has grander ambitions just seems far too risky a move and puts into jeopardy the league’s Canadian identity.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
E0l9-FJ7-XEAIw-GXZ.jpg

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
out of curiosity, as this msg board has the youngest average age folks of any I'm on, does anyone who has any interest in the CFL think working with the XFL is in any way positive?

my normal avenues for social media see this as 100% negative...but those are circles with average ages well above this board.

i'm curious if any younger fans (say under the age of 40) would see this as positive? Would work with Duane Johnson be a positive thing to attract a younger audience?

I am a huge XFL fan. I would more interested in the Argos if they were absorbed into the XFL and a gajillion times more if they joined the NFL. If we cant get pur own NFL team we should adopt Buffalo keep the logo and rebrand them as Toronto Toros

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I do not think the Bills will move.
Toronto could well end up with a team down the road though. There is an abundance of players and very few pro leagues.
Sadly I feel I have grown tired of the CFL game... I prefer the NFL, and the NFL game. I do wonder what this XFL-CFL partnership means. If it is the only way to keep pro football in Canada I am all for it.

Anyway, not an Argos fan but want to throw props to them for drafting a guy who played high school football with my son. He was one of the better players way back then, and looks like he has kept with it. Nice to see!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad