Who has value we can trade?

RJ8812*

never realized how bad BOS blueline was...

no wonder they're struggling

I wonder if they would have any interest in Coburn?

TerrapinFlyers

Dec 5, 2014
Pennsylvania
Yeah but what do we get in return? Grossman is going to get a 3rd-4th imo. I don't mind finding them as a trade partner but we're going to have to take something back probably due to cap space. If it's Coburn I want their first. Making a trade to just make one isn't a good move. We just are getting past that from the Homer/Clarke years.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
It sucks kimmo is battling with blood clots. Had he been performing as well as he was last year he could easily get a 2nd and a 3rd

Newest sens fan

My uncle owns Nintendo 64
Feb 13, 2014
Connecticut
Yeah but what do we get in return? Grossman is going to get a 3rd-4th imo. I don't mind finding them as a trade partner but we're going to have to take something back probably due to cap space. If it's Coburn I want their first. Making a trade to just make one isn't a good move. We just are getting past that from the Homer/Clarke years.

I'm honestly fine with getting a 4th for Grossmann, gets rid of one of our trash defensemen. If it was to Boston we would need a player back with a similar cap hit, and I'd only do it if that player was finishing a 1 year deal. Coburn to a contender would definitely get us a 1st, possibly more. He is a solid #2 when paired with a #1, and could be a steal for a team with a good #1.

Newest sens fan

My uncle owns Nintendo 64
Feb 13, 2014
Connecticut
Exactly, without capgeek I'm going off memory, but the only teams we could probably get away with a pick for a player would be NSH, VAN (?), CGY (doubt they trade for vets though), WPG, or even FLA. Hexy's mindset to me is to only trade vets, and the vets contracts we have are too expensive for most teams to only trade a pick for.

kammy

Jun 29, 2007
There's a few left wingers out there who are struggling this season.
Rank these players in preference of who you would like to see added to this team via trade:

Jiri Tlusty LW (2.95m : UFA 2015/16)
Jussi Jokinen LW (4.0m)
Tomas Hertl C,LW (1.35m : RFA 2016/17)
Matt Moulson LW (5.0m)

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
There's a few left wingers out there who are struggling this season.
Rank these players in preference of who you would like to see added to this team via trade:

Jiri Tlusty LW (2.95m : UFA 2015/16)
Jussi Jokinen LW (4.0m)
Tomas Hertl C,LW (1.35m : RFA 2016/17)
Matt Moulson LW (5.0m)

This team needs more Czech players: Hertl over Tlusty, obviously. But Hertl is still on his ELC and it would require a king's ransom to acquire him.

No interest in the other two. Jussi Jokinen is defensively sound and has lots of experience but his cap hit is unacceptable. Moulson is a one trick poney.

Last edited:

TerrapinFlyers

Dec 5, 2014
Pennsylvania
That one trick would be nice on the top line but I don't like that cap hit at all. If he was making 3.5-4 I'd be all over it but at 5 with players like Voracek due big raises I don't want to add salary at this point because they're not ready to be contenders.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
It sucks kimmo is battling with blood clots. Had he been performing as well as he was last year he could easily get a 2nd and a 3rd
Kimo is supposed to get tested by Friday to see if his condition has improved enough to allow him to play. He has said that he wants to retire as a Flyer so I don't think that he'd come back to allow himself to be traded. It could be that if he can play that the door would be open to move Streit. Kimo would be the vet to keep the defense together as the youngsters start to fill in for the traded veterans.
He also said that he is open to coaching. It would be great to have him in the Flyers system for that. He has a green card so he can work here now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad