Series Talk: Round 1: Predators vs. Canucks

What will be the result of Preds vs. Cancuks series?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Fabbro. If it's Barrie then Trotz needs to tie Brunette in the basement and coach the team himself.
Despite that, I have a feeling it will be Barrie. Brunette thinks Barrie can play both LD and RD and our PP has been useless.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I don’t think we’re necessarily playing terribly but it’s a tight series and no one has really stepped up. Top guys aren’t producing enough either 5v5 or on the PP. Depth guys aren’t producing but more importantly aren’t pushing the play and wearing the other team down like we saw during our win streak. Saros has had some huge saves but as a whole hasn’t been good enough.

I agree with the comment that it seems we were already in our top gear and can’t match that extra little bit the Canucks seem to have. The frustrating thing is that with them losing Demko we have a golden opportunity and haven't been able to exploit it. Still a lot of hockey potentially left though but not much room for error either.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
U guys can beat these guys. Would love to see Nashville beat Vancouver. Vancouver and Toronto are hated fan bases in Canada. We like the Nashville team and fan base. Looks like a great spot to watch a game. Fans are supporting Preds

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
60% of the time, I think the Preds win that game. Vancouver turtled like we did in game 2 in the 3rd period. It's been their strategy all season. Score first, throw up a defensive wall and hold on. If we had scored on one of those early power plays or scored at the start of the 2nd, I have no doubt we win that game.

Bruno needs to dump the Lauzon/Carrie pairing as they got shelled again last night.

Power play was once again static. Very little movement and not enough people screening the goalie.

Our biggest issues last night were in front of the Vancouver net. Rebounds were there, we just didn't have guys in the right places to clean up. Additionally, all the tips we had in front (there were many) went wide.

That was a very, very winnable game. f*** Vancouver.

You

Jul 1, 2010
I think coming back into the game concussed for a few minutes is a mandatory part of the NHL's concussion protocol

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
Shame about Stastney. It took him a bit to get going in game 1 but after that I think he settled in ok. There were several times during both game 2 and game 3 that he used his speed and angles to eliminate some pretty dangerous scoring opportunities. With his size he’s going to have know where the other team is coming from when he has the puck on the boards to stay healthy. The hit by Joshua was some straight goon ass bullshit. Joshua rode Stastney’s name plate straight into the boards.

I’m going on record now and saying that Stastney has a break out year next year and everyone that pays attention to the Preds are going to be left in awe by the end of the season.

Reactions: SouthNash

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
No he didn't, we never really made him make a difficult save. We either missed the net or put it right into his chest most of the night.
I mean we had a couple shots leak behind him but couldnt get to them fast enough. I wouldnt say we had it it put it into chest mode personally. He was leaky and we had chances. We just couldnt quite cash in.

Southstarpreds

Dec 15, 2023
I still don't get how that wasn't a match penalty.
I just hope he is alright he has been hit a few times before this . The NHL panders to give a good face to player safety, but are stuck in a hard place to hold on their market share against the other major sports up until the 80s they were third behind NFL .MLB, They know violence is their breadnbutter.

czechczech

Dec 10, 2014
So it's Fabbro! Only because Barrie was already playing in a Lauzon jersey. Come on Jeremy get back in the game - clear pucks and clear the crease!

Come on boys, skate!

• Haha
Reactions: SouthNash
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad