Who does LA pick at #35 ?

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
When did Amadio sign with a Russian team?
Why don't you read...It was about Brickley,Luff, Prokhorkin and Rempal...3 won't be back because expiring contracts! Don't expect the Kings to bring them back. Brickley has been a major disappointment but I guess you have to take some swings when the cupboard was completely bare with all the first rounders traded away like yesterdays news. Brickley's deal has one more year before it runs out but having him go to Manitoba sends a message don't you think

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Anyone have any info on Tyler Kleven?

Rarely involved directly in the offensive game, Kleven actually has a few tools to suggest that he could be of use if only his instincts were worked on. Driving that thought is the power behind Kleven’s point shot. When he gets his full frame behind the shot it is an absolute cannon. He an one-time and score cleanly. Unfortunately, he simply rarely fires the puck, averaging only a touch over one shot per game throughout the USHL campaign. He moves the puck well, and can play the puck, but prefers to make simple passes, either D-to-D in his own zone to begin the process of getting the puck up ice, or the occasional break-out pass crossing one or two lines. On the other hand, he too frequently bangs the puck off the glass to exit the zone.

Even if you believe there is room for more of a game with the puck, the team selecting Kleven – and at least is considering him as a first rounder – is looking at his work on the other side. He is a shut down defender through positioning, a smart stick and his long frame. He reads the opposition very well and consistently gets himself into shooting and passing plays to funnel to opposing drive. And when the game moves towards the boards or in his goalie’s crease, he has the strength and desire to stop them in a way they will remember. Kleven will never be a first pairing blueliner in the NHL, but the North Dakota commit can eat a lot of minutes at even strength and the PK from the second pairing.

~Ryan Wagman, McKeens Hockey

He kinda has a Forbort, Scuderi feels to his game. Excellent size at 6-4. Defense first kind of player. Seems like a mid 2nd round guy to me.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I don't see the Kings attempting to trade up into the last third of the 1st round unless someone in their top 20 that they covet starts to fall into mid 20's range. Those 2nd round picks have a lot of value, and there is a large tier of talent (tier 4 or 5 for many) of similar potential that essentially runs from around #20 give or take a few picks either direction into the 50's for some pundits, certainly into the 40's. Yannetti said the value has to be there, and they have all that worked out (values) pre-draft. They will know it if they see it as the draft unfolds. Of course, so much depends on the other team and who they value.

Some forwards I would love to have in the 2nd round (not necessarily all at 35), include Perreault, Weisblatt, Savoie, Reichel, Peterka, Greig, Foerster, Colangelo, Neighbors, Bourque and Foudy. If you see the likes of Jarvis, Quinn, Mercer, Zary, Gunler, Lapierre or Amirov slipping into the 20's and the Kings like them, they may give it a shot, but it's not that likely they will slip that far. Brisson, Mysak, Niederbach, Simontaival, Hirvonen, Bourdeleau, Berard, Khusnutdinov are not necessarily my cup of tea.

Reactions: Fat Elvis

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Why don't you read...It was about Brickley,Luff, Prokhorkin and Rempal...3 won't be back because expiring contracts! Don't expect the Kings to bring them back. Brickley has been a major disappointment but I guess you have to take some swings when the cupboard was completely bare with all the first rounders traded away like yesterdays news. Brickley's deal has one more year before it runs out but having him go to Manitoba sends a message don't you think

You wrote: “Like Amadio, Prokhorkin signed in Russia.”

Sorry if I don’t speak andynese.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
I am fully expecting LA to trade multiple 2nd rounds to get into the 1st round, late teens early twenties. IMO they will pick up either a RHD or someone who is slipping

I agree. We already have so many quality prospects taking up contract spots, we can only fit in a few more without trading some...so might as well trade up.

Reactions: salami

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
I have been very open about picking Byfield at 2 which opens up what we do later. At 4-7 I figured we would hammer Drysdale. Now I wonder if Blake will to move up to get a second first and land a Barron or Guhle .

I figure the top 10 will consist of 10 of the following:

Lafreniere
Byfield
Stutzle
Perfetti
Drysdale
Raymond
Sanderson
Rossi
Askarov
Holtz

now I am sure someone will go a little off board and one of these guys fall a bit. Left over:

Lundell - would make a perfect 3rd line center
Quinn - would add two way scoring on wings
Guhle - D first defenseman. Can’t see him falling
Schneider- good size, two way, good skater, righty
Jarvis - small offensive winger. Good fit to Byfield
Zary - perfect 3c. Tenacious, does everything well
Barron - see Schneider, had injuries
Gunler - offensive winger.
Mysak - good two way winger
Peterka - powerful, speedy puck hunter
Reichel - smart, good skater,
Amirov - high skilled winger that goes to the net
Lapierre- should be top 10 if not for injuries
Mercer - all around physical winger, weak skater
Holloway - great skating two way winger

there are 25 guys I have listed that if they were around at 35 I would consider a fall. Unfortunately there is nothing there after 10 that I would give up a lot to trade up for. Some of these guys will still be around at 35.

Now if any of the top 10 are still there at 15 I try hard to trade up.

the two I see “dropping” are Barron and Mysak.

the three I have not included are Wallinder, Grans and Colangelo as they seem to be ranked all over the charts. I have them as 1st round talents that I would love to land at 35.

there are so many options that unless the trade is pretty minor to move up or we really move up into a top 12 I am not sure it interests me.

funky

Mar 9, 2002
I proposed a 2nd and 1 of Kupari, Thomas or Clague for Dunn on the main boards a while back. There were mixed responses.

He would be a great pickup imo

Would love Dunn. He would be a great addition on our third pairing next to Roy .

Saying that I would rather keep Anderson there as they seemed to gel, save the prospects and go after a UFA like Edmundson who brings size and can munch some minutes while covering for the smaller Walker on the second pairing.

then we can use our prospect wealth to acquire a true young 2 to play with Doughty. I believe we have the capital to land a Sergachev type. TB is tight to the cap and may have a lot of trouble trying to sign their RFA’s

This leaves MacDermid as our number 7 able to spell of the younger pups when they need a break or if we are going into a physical matchup.

psych3man

Dec 17, 2019
Outside Chicago
Would love Dunn. He would be a great addition on our third pairing next to Roy .

Saying that I would rather keep Anderson there as they seemed to gel, save the prospects and go after a UFA like Edmundson who brings size and can munch some minutes while covering for the smaller Walker on the second pairing.

then we can use our prospect wealth to acquire a true young 2 to play with Doughty. I believe we have the capital to land a Sergachev type. TB is tight to the cap and may have a lot of trouble trying to sign their RFA’s

This leaves MacDermid as our number 7 able to spell of the younger pups when they need a break or if we are going into a physical matchup.
Bjornfot

Reactions: andys

funky

Mar 9, 2002

Didn’t forget about him. I am very high on the kid. In a perfect world we sign Edmundson and give looks to Bjornfot and Clague to see what we have. I believe our right side sticks and I think Anderson sticks. I believe MacD is there to get about 50 games spelling different guys off.

If Bjornfot is ready we don’t need to make a trade. If he isn’t top pairing Dman maybe he is second pairing and Edmundson plays with Doughty. Maybe Anderson isn’t what he thinks and we replace him with Bjornfot or Clague.

At this point I thing we need a big physical vet like Edmundson. I can wait in making a trade until we see what we have. Saying that if we can steal a guy like Sergachev do to cap restraint I make that trade every day of the week and let everything else sort itself out.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA

I dont think anyone is gonna get Sergachev. Tampa will trade almost anyone to keep Sergachev. I'd rather see LA get Cernak back. He seems to be the one getting pushed out.

I'd like to see them get something like Cernak + Killorn/Palat/Johnson+3rd for Moore + 5th.

Then turn around and move Walker+ to Toronto for Nylander or Walker for Kapanen.

It help both Tampa and Toronto with Cap space and gives the Kings some young talent

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Gimme a LARGE defenseman, please.

Thanks!!!

Radko Gudas is it :sarcasm:

Doughty-Roy
Bjornfot-Gudas
Anderson-Walker

Regardless TB isn't ever giving up sergachev, and I'm not sure we can get the needed top pairing LHD for assets we'd be willing to move

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
It's amazing. And I kept tagging him in mock drafts but I don't think there's any way he falls to us anymore.
Yeah, I often took him with the Kings 1st pick in the 2nd round as well. I say it's about 30% chance he will be available at that spot. In any case the Kings are going to have their choice between some very good defensmen and forwards. All good big men who can skate.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad