Who does LA pick at #35 ?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Yannetti pretty much said that on Hoven and DB's podcast. That if the Russian player projects less than a top 6 role, forget it. They likely won't come.

Good. This organization has zero luck with Russians. I don't blame the players themselves for having options and homeland pride, it just never works out.

Reactions: Reaper45

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
My 2nd/3rd round wishlists:

2 of Grans, Andrae, Wallinder, Niemela, O'Rourke would be outstanding
Gunler Foudy Colangelo Tullio Finley Wisdom

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
If the Kings come away with two of Grans, Wallinder, O'Rourke, or Colangelo in their next two picks, I will be very satisfied.

RocketKing

Jul 2, 2017
If Gunler is still there take him. Then later take Cormier with one of the other 2nds. But I think Gunler goes first before we pick. Grans is probably my next pick but he’s a project in defense. Poitier is a very poor defenseman but has the highest offensive skill. O'Rourke is also a great choice.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
My 2nd/3rd round wishlists:

2 of Grans, Andrae, Wallinder, Niemela would be outstanding
Gunler Foudy Colangelo Tullio Finley Wisdom

If Gunler or Peterka are available at 35, it would be pretty tough for me not to be interested, but I'm much more interested in Grans and Wallinder than I am Andrae, who at only 5'9 is much smaller than most defensemen the Kings have had success with. It's not that I don't think he's talented, it's just not who I assume LA will be comfortable taking. Wallinder and Grans, 6'4 and 6'3, respectively, are definitely who I would have my sights on.

Here's my ideal scenario:

35: William Wallinder
51: Lukas Cormier
60: Jean-Luc Foudy
66: Nico Daws

William Wallinder

"Excellent skating defenceman who can chew up ice quickly and get the play moving forward. Has a very good skill level with a desire to impact the game. As he matures, can only get better."
Projection: No. 1/No. 3 Defenceman
Comparable: Mattias Ekholm

Lukas Cormier

"A defenceman who is incredibly comfortable playing in the offensive zone and around the net. Very good offensive instincts and he plays with great confidence."
Projection: No. 3/No. 4 Offensive Defenceman
Comparable: Torey Krug

Jean-Luc Foudy

"Speed defines his game and it's speed that is incredibly disruptive and unsettling to opponents. Creates turnovers, backs up defenders to create space and make teams uncomfortable. A catalyst."
Projection: No. 3/No. 4 Catalyst Winger
Comparable: Kasperi Kapanen

The Kings have so many excellent offensive prospects that it's hard to even know where they all will fall. I mean are we looking at third line center Anze Kopitar in two years? Seems crazy, but who knows. As he ages, if he continues to play rock solid defense, this team will be nuts. Long gone are the days when we were projecting Scott Parse and Bud Holloway in the top six!

Turcotte - Kopitar - Kaliyev
Fagemo - Byfield - Vilardi
Kempe - Thomas - Foudy

Wallinder - Doughty
Bjornfot - Roy
Cormier - Anderson

giphy.gif

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
That’s what I said about Kaliyev and he dropped to us. Have some faith. ::cough George Michael

Well the good news is that they will definitely be able to select one of Grans, Wallinder, Gunler, or Peterka. All four could have been first-round selections. I take them over Chinakhov, Greig, and Weisblatt at the very least.

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Lots of good players left. Would love Peterka, Mysak or Gunlar to fall to us at 35. Super skilled risk taking wingers that can put pucks in nets. .

I also want a one of Grans, Wallinder or a throwback in Kleven with a late 2nd and would love Torgersson , Colangelo, or Evangelista to finish up the 2nd.

Reactions: Schrute farms

Peter James Bond III

CHROMIAK COMETH
Jul 8, 2020
Good. This organization has zero luck with Russians. I don't blame the players themselves for having options and homeland pride, it just never works out.

That's true...would not draft a Russian, unless he was already here. One possibility for one of the Kings 2nd / 3rd rd could be, Gushchin, who is already here...40th on Wheeler's list.

40. Daniil Gushchin — LW, Muskegon Lumberjacks, 5-foot-8.25

One of my favourite little balls of fire, Gushchin was named to the USHL’s third All-Star team after a season as Muskegon’s engine. He never stops moving, he’s relentless on the forecheck, he plays bigger than he is and once he chases down loose pucks, he’s got the skill and the agility to dart through traffic to make plays. I’ve never seen him play a bad game. He’s one of those players who always brings energy and even when he’s not scoring or setting up goals, he’s normally creating chances and buzzing around the offensive zone to manufacture offence. He likely falls into the middle of the draft because of the risks associated with taking a small player who hasn’t put up gaudy numbers but I see a lot of elements an NHL team could work with to craft a middle-six winger. I’m selfishly looking forward to having him a little closer to me base out of Toronto next season, too (COVID-permitting), after the Niagara IceDogs took him fourth overall in the CHL import draft. The OHL is the right path for him and gives him two full seasons to put up points, work to dominate a new level, and get stronger. He’s a project, so there’s no rush.
“Offensively and how he sees the game is unbelievable. He’s got to improve a little in his defensive zone but he’s a complete workaholic,” said Lumberjacks head coach Mike Hamilton. “I think there are some big things to come for him. He’s a really good kid and I’m excited for what he’s going to become.”
Daniil has world-class skill. Russians get this stereotype that they don’t like to play defence and he doesn’t mind helping out in his own zone,” said Lumberjacks assistant coach Ryan Kosecki. “I think Daniil’s draft stock is just going to rise throughout the year and he’s going to end up sneaking in the high second round or late first.”

That said, Im hoping for 1 of Gunler, Peterka, Grans or Wallinder at 35. Would be fine with Gushchin later.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad