Who do you want Jack Hughes to play for?

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
Detroit. We didn’t suck our way to the top so I think we should be rewarded for sucking currently so we can get back to the top.

? I seem to remember the Red Wings "sucking" their way to the top. They weren't called the Dead Things for nothing, they basically sucked from the late 60's to the mid 80's.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
If the habs were to get Hughes, their center depth would be Hughes - Kotkaniemi - Suzuki - Poehling.
A little over 1 year ago, they didn't have a single of those players.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
If anyone has watched the Oilers first 2 games, you know he's coming to our shitty ass team. Doesn't matter where you want him to go to. But be on the lookout for when Chia eventually deals him for a bag of pucks.

Maybe Hughes AND Mcdavid can make us respectable again.

It f***ing sucks to be the biggest laughing stock in the league...

Reactions: Lemonlimey

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
? I seem to remember the Red Wings "sucking" their way to the top. They weren't called the Dead Things for nothing, they basically sucked from the late 60's to the mid 80's.

That was 50+ years ago. Thanks for proving my point.

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
That was 50+ years ago. Thanks for proving my point.

They still sucked their way to the to top. They also kept it going for the 2nd? longest playoff streak so full credit, but they still sucked their way to the top. You said that they didn't do that, but they did.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
In no particular order: Carolina, Minnesota, Buffalo, San Jose, and maybe even Ottawa for a rebuild. Tempted to say Vancouver, but the riots soured me on that team.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
upload_2018-10-12_14-39-11.jpeg

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015

Yzerman was the only early first round pick on those teams. Everyone else that made up the core of those teams was a late round pick. Lidstrom, Fedorov, Konstantinov, Kozlov etc were all players that any other team could have had. Either that or they came over through a trade (Shanahan, Larionov, Larry Murphy).

It took a long time to transition from the "Dead Things" era to when they won and competed for Cups, kind of similar to what the Capitals went through.

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Bias- Van

If not then it would be cool too see Montreal get him. Fix their top 6 C depth with him and kontkaniemi.
Really would be something cool if he links up with his bro Quinn

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
To be fair...Canucks at one point owned the 1st overall pick in the 1999 draft, but traded it to the Thrashers on the condition that they not choose a Sedin.

That was just a trade chip. That wasn't even their pick to begin with and they never planned on holding it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->