OT: Who do you think is the Bruins best fighter?

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Voted for McQuaid ...just representin':yo: Any one of them could probably beat someone into a coma if they really wanted to.:amazed:

Bone for your jar

Feb 2, 2011
Boston, Mass.
I go with Looch.

Thornton (now on the decline) always had faster hands and more refined hockey-fight tactics. Chara has the leverage, McQuaid has the rabies, and Miller may well be the one-man wrecking crew of the near future ... but 17 has the most complete and proven combination of technique, power, reach, balance and "chin" on the B's.

What's more, nobody on this team (and precious few on any others) can deliver a body shot like him.

acr*

you are judging on the past, not today. Who has thorty beaten in the last 12 months? mcquaid? He's busy making gronk look like cal ripken. Miller fights anyone not named looch or chara 10 times and he wins more than he loses imo.
looch and chara are 1 and 2.

McQuaid beat Frazer McLaren this season. That is probably the biggest win of his career.

In the last 12 Months, Thornton has wins over Westgarth, Fraser, and Barch. All of whom are better fighters than anyone Miller has fought yet.

I'm not saying Miller is bad, to the contrary, I think he is really good. I'm just saying that he needs to get some more seasoning at this level. Brandon Prust really took it to him a few weeks back and that was the best fighter he has faced yet. The Moen fight was looks great, but TKO'ing a guy in your weight class with known concussion issues doesn't make Miller the second coming of John Wensink. He just needs time and to get some fights under his belt. I think he projects to be a notch below McQuaid with the gloves off.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I go with Looch.

Thornton (now on the decline) always had faster hands and more refined hockey-fight tactics. Chara has the leverage, McQuaid has the rabies, and Miller may well be the one-man wrecking crew of the near future ... but 17 has the most complete and proven combination of technique, power, reach, balance and "chin" on the B's.

What's more, nobody on this team (and precious few on any others) can deliver a body shot like him.

I disagree. Johnny Boychuk can deliver a body shot. And Kevan Miller is showing signs of being able to that as well. Or were you referring only to forwards? In that case I would agree with you.

Bone for your jar

Feb 2, 2011
Boston, Mass.
[/B]

I disagree. Johnny Boychuk can deliver a body shot. And Kevan Miller is showing signs of being able to that as well. Or were you referring only to forwards? In that case I would agree with you.

I'm referring to forwards, d-men, you name it, but I'm referring to punches to the torso, not "body checks" (in which case of course I would agree with you about JB and KM).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad