OT: Who do you think is the Bruins best fighter?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Not in the category of best scrapper but not sure why I seem to recall Kelly doing someone in one time??? Very well could have been as a Sen though, the quieter one`s are always the most dangerous:)

Quaider definitely punches with the most hatred though

Replicator

Replicated User
Jan 1, 2014
What? Why isn't Campbell in the poll?:sarcasm:

Miller has looked pretty good in his few matchups. I'm curious to know what we've got there. But Looch is the best on that list.

CrownofThornton

Jul 8, 2012
Lucic as of rightnow... However he has had a few weak, disinterested bouts lately.

Barch fight he got tied up, Prout he seemed tired/disinterested.

Gazdic fight was a good showing, and Reckliczh (sp?) preseason was amazing.

acr*

Chara would wreck anybody, but if we're talking pound for pound, I doubt he's ever needed to learn to be technical just because of his size advantage.

Lucic or McQuaid might be it. I'm siding with Lucic, though because of his stature and role he doesn't throw down except for important battles - a decision I agree with.

All I know is that Campbell is literally one of the worst fighters in NHL history. Full kudos for stepping toe to toe with anyone, but his record is like 4-56 in the NHL according to the site that tracks it.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
I think Chara is the most dangerous when he's actually mad. Lucic is the "best" IMO. He can stand toe to toe with anyone at any given time. Sound technically and has the reach + power + aggression to do serious damage.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Chara would wreck anybody, but if we're talking pound for pound, I doubt he's ever needed to learn to be technical just because of his size advantage.

Lucic or McQuaid might be it. I'm siding with Lucic, though because of his stature and role he doesn't throw down except for important battles - a decision I agree with.

All I know is that Campbell is literally one of the worst fighters in NHL history. Full kudos for stepping toe to toe with anyone, but his record is like 4-56 in the NHL according to the site that tracks it.

If Chara`s balance wasn`t so erratic when fighting, the guy could destroy anyone

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Has to be Lucic, when motivated to fight he's up there with the toughest of hombres.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Chara's lack of balance takes him out of the running.

Thornton's has declined rapidly and doesn't have the chin that Lucic does.

Gazdic, for example, dropped Thornton with little more than a jab but he couldn't drop Lucic even with a full on swing (the same one that KO'd Wesgarth in Calgary a week ago).

Lucic's "chin" (ability to take a flush shot) is insane --one of the best in the league... but it also worries me how much he leaves himself open. Eventually he will get KO'd if he keeps going with super-heavies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Chara's lack of balance takes him out of the running.

Thornton's has declined rapidly and doesn't have the chin that Lucic does.

Gazdic, for example, dropped Thornton with little more than a jab but he couldn't drop Lucic even with a full on swing (the same one that KO'd Wesgarth in Calgary a week ago).

Lucic's "chin" (ability to take a flush shot) is insane --one of the best in the league... but it also worries me how much he leaves himself open. Eventually he will get KO'd if he keeps going with super-heavies.

I think the B's want Looch to decline most fights. The B's don't benefit with him in the box with some 4th line goon. Plus he could break a hand or get injured.

I have seen Looch say "you are not worth it" a couple of times of late and skate away. That is the right thing to do. He skates back to the bench with steam coming out his ears but he made the correct decision.

Shawn doesn't loose many and is able to go at it with guys much larger then himself. I don't love fights but respect what he does for this team. He is getting older but IMO still goes with the toughest in the NHL. I would rather he score those pretty goals :).

Quaider looks disappointed whenever someone won't go with him. He doesn't stage fights...He is really pissed off. I hope he returns to the B's soon.

Like Looch I don't want to see big Z dropping the gloves...often. There is a place for it but not on a regular basis.

Miller is a tough kid. I like what he brings.

Last edited:

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
Chara is the toughest just because of size, power and reach. Doesn't matter that his balance is questionable. Angry Chara would beat angry Lucic. MacQuaid is good, but doesn't do well vs real heavies. Thornton is still good and would hold his own vs Lucic.

Chara>Lucic & Thornton>MacQuiad>Miller>Iggi>Paille

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Tough to beat Chara's size and reach- if we're going pound for pound it's got to be Thornton (2 inches shorter 10-20 pounds lighter than Lucic).

iiBruins17*

Chara's really overrated as a fighter IMO, he has terrible balance and hasn't beaten many top heavies. I think Lucic could definitely beat him and maybe Mcquaid, Chara would beat Thornton off reach.

iiBruins17*

Chara is the toughest just because of size, power and reach. Doesn't matter that his balance is questionable. Angry Chara would beat angry Lucic. MacQuaid is good, but doesn't do well vs real heavies. Thornton is still good and would hold his own vs Lucic.

Chara>Lucic & Thornton>MacQuiad>Miller>Iggi>Paille
Paille :huh:

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I think the B's want Looch to decline most fights. The B's don't benefit with him in the box with some 4th line goon. Plus he cold break a hand or get injured.

I have seen Looch say "you are not worth it" a couple of times of late and skate away. That is the right thing to do. He skates back to the bench with steam coming out his ears but he made the correct decision.

Shawn doesn't loose many and is able to go at it with guys much larger then himself. I don't love fights but respect what he does for this team. He is getting older but IMO still goes with the toughest in the NHL. I would rather he score those pretty goals :).

Quaider looks disappointed whenever someone won't go with him. He doesn't stage fights...He is really pissed off. I hope he returns to the B's soon.

Like Looch I don't want to see big Z dropping the gloves...often. There is a place for it but not on a regular basis.

Miller is a tough kid. I like what he brings.

Well said. Lucic could fight every game, but to what end? Sometimes it's called for, most of the time it isn't. Same with Chara.

I love the weird grin McQuaid gets on his face when he fights. Thornton will fight because it's his job, and I think he also appreciates the technical side. Adam just likes to pound the crap out of someone. :laugh:

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
Chara's really overrated as a fighter IMO, he has terrible balance and hasn't beaten many top heavies. I think Lucic could definitely beat him and maybe Mcquaid, Chara would beat Thornton off reach.

But Chara never really lost to a top heavy either as Lucic did. Yeah, most of Chara's fights vs top heavies finish because he loses balance.

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
I have to go with ST22. Lucic is technically a better fighter, but I think Shawn is more successful at it. I don't believe any of the others hold a candle to these two. McQuaid is tough, no denying, but he is not heavyweight enough. Miller has a chance at replacing Thornton maybe, in time.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
McQuaid gets a sadistic look on his face every fight.

I think it is hilarious.

I think Lucic is a better fighter than Thornton at this point, but I don't think the margin is huge and I don't think Thornton has declined as much as people like to make it out since the Scott fight. Obviously he isn't what he was as a fighter, but he is still very useful in that regard.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Chara's great in the fact that he basically can't lose, and he has the power to absolutely wreck people, but he ends up in a draw in so many fights because he has terrible balance.

I still give the edge to Thornton over Lucic though just because of the frequency in which he does it. While he lacks Lucic's power, he's essentially technically flawless. McQuaid is obviously great, but I'd give the edge to Lucic there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad