Series Talk: WCQF: Dallas Stars vs Vegas Golden Knights (Series tied 3-3)

Who wins the series?

• Dallas in 4

Votes: 20 3.7%
  • Dallas in 5

Votes: 70 13.1%
  • Dallas in 6

Votes: 168 31.5%
  • Dallas in 7

Votes: 138 25.8%
  • Vegas in 4

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Vegas in 5

Votes: 13 2.4%
  • Vegas in 6

Votes: 57 10.7%
  • Vegas in 7

Votes: 61 11.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Vegas drafting has been awful but pretty much all of Dallas’ top talent was found in two drafts. Hintz in the second and maybe Harley mid first are the only picks really making an impact with this team. The ‘18, ‘16 and ‘14 drafts are particularly awful and they need Bourque to be someone to salvage the ‘20 draft.
Most teams don't get quality players every year from the draft.

It's super hit or miss, especially when you don't have a 2nd or 3rd round pick like the draft you are bagging on in 2020.

I think you have a warped view of what good drafting looks like.

Hint: It's mostly misses.

Reactions: RedHawkDown and LT

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
How is this thread being hijacked by the literal one person in the hockey world who is criticizing the Stars draft history right now?

Honestly I gave up trying to reason with him and am now convinced he's just being a contrarian. :laugh:

Maybe someone will win a home game now?

Hopefully.

Tonight would be a great time for that to start.

BigTomBomber

Nov 17, 2017
Dallas crushed a draft in which they won a lottery (#3 - Miro, then Otter and Robo) and then another when Covid had everybody in a tizzy (Johnston @ 23 and Stankoven in rd 2). Dallas has been a playoff team 5 of last 6 years; its tough when not getting a bunch of top 10 picks. Getting a player like Harley or Bourque in the first is fantastic, and I personally like Dellandrea albeit a little underwhelmed. Farabee or KMiller wouldve been bettee, but alot of names I still don’t recognize

Top line is 2 drafted players and a FA
Second line is a trade and 2 FA
Third line which has been our best (Benn, Johnston, Stank) is all drafted
Fourth line has Dellandrea and/or Faksa, both drafted

3 of the top 4 defenseman are drafted (Tanev via trade)

G is drafted

Reactions: LT

2for1PizzaPastuh

Jan 13, 2023
Vegas drafting has been awful but pretty much all of Dallas’ top talent was found in two drafts. Hintz in the second and maybe Harley mid first are the only picks really making an impact with this team. The ‘18, ‘16 and ‘14 drafts are particularly awful and they need Bourque to be someone to salvage the ‘20 draft.
Lmfao, this is one of the worst takes on HF this year

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_4356.jpeg

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Dallas played a solid home game. The Otter thing, a bit too much; like really.

Don't see the motivation from VGK. Complacent. You brought a bunch of injured/newbies and put them together, with a squad that JUST WON the Cup.

I could care less about who deserves what. Just my observations.

Last edited:

LT

XXXX - XXX_ - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
That was some absolutely incredible hockey on both sides in the 3rd period. Two obvious heavyweights going at it.

Dallas had about as perfect of a team defensive game as you could ask for in that 3rd.

So f***ing stoked to go up 3-2. Feel like this team can take on anyone right now.

LT

XXXX - XXX_ - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
This has to be one of the better series in recent memory. Every game has pretty much been one goal games and so even.

As much as I'm enjoying this series, i'm ready for it to end Friday :)

The two games that weren't one-goal games both ended with empty netters. So your observation is correct in a way.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Dallas played a solid home game. The Otter thing, a bit too much; like really.

Don't see the motivation from VGK. Complacent. You brought a bunch of injured/newbies and put them together, with a squad that JUST WON the Cup.

I could care less about who deserves what. Just my observations.
All the complaining about LTIR but as a Vegas fan this is one of my least favorite Vegas teams for a different reason. I was upset when other Vegas teams lost in the playoffs but this team hasn’t cared that much in months so why should I care?

Other Vegas teams cared and were more often overachievers instead of underachievers.

Also personally this is the lowest my expectations have been going into the postseason. Does anyone still think our defense is good after watching this series?

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Also I feel Peter DeBoer got a raw deal. He basically got fired after everyone was injured in 2022.

Edit: But maybe he will win a cup this year and if he does then good for him. Dadonov wasn’t treated well either in Vegas.

Reactions: Summer Rose
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad