• St Louis Blues

Votes: 66 45.2%
  • It Doesn't Matter (the Rock voice)

Votes: 61 41.8%

• Total voters

Asinine

yer opinion is wrong
Feb 28, 2013
Makar is already foaming at the mouth at the thought of ripping snappers bardown on Jordan Trashbin-nington from the blueline.

Reactions: wayninja

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
STL but they'll have a chip on their shoulder because of last year...I don't think we'll walk straight through them again.

Can someone explain to me why people think the Wild are better than the Blues? The only thing they have the advantage of is Kaprizov. Everything else is either equal or favours the Blues IMO
They have a shitty goalie + recency bias of what happened last year and in regular season

Reactions: NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
They have a shitty goalie + recency bias of what happened last year and in regular season
I mean Fleury isn't looking any sharper than the Blues duo. Defense is equal i think, but team defense favours the Blues, forward depth favours the Blues. Neither will be able to shut down our offense. Plus the Blues have Perron who is an Avs killer, I think they would be the better test sans Binnington.

At this point the West is looking like a cakewalk. LA looks like the best competition

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
Can someone explain to me why people think the Wild are better than the Blues? The only thing they have the advantage of is Kaprizov. Everything else is either equal or favours the Blues IMO
Regular season games against Wild were tight and physical. Hell, the preseason game against them was physical.

I just think (a) we have a better chance of getting through with fewer injuries versus St Louis, (b) I the stylistic matchup versus St Louis is better for us, (c) Blues have banged up blue line already.

Not sure either one of those teams is "better" than another, but I like our chances versus the Blues slightly better.

RampoSanta

Landy was not offside
Apr 1, 2021
Colorado
I mean Fleury isn't looking any sharper than the Blues duo. Defense is equal i think, but team defense favours the Blues, forward depth favours the Blues. Neither will be able to shut down our offense. Plus the Blues have Perron who is an Avs killer, I think they would be the better test sans Binnington.

At this point the West is looking like a cakewalk. LA looks like the best competition
STL has defensive depth issues with injuries and goaltending inconsistency. Fleury is (still) capable of carrying a team to a series victory by himself.

I agree the Blues have probably the better forward depth. I would enjoy sending ROR home

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Both look nothing special. It's been a fairly low-intensity and non-physical series with a bunch of blowouts. Minnesota didn't even play with urgency down only two goals in game 5, what the f*** is that.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
We as fans do not dictate anything in the NHL playoffs (except if you bring a laser pointer), so whoever wins the MIN/STL will be the one that Avs must play and the one I prefer.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
It doesn't matter. If they can't beat either team then they don't deserve to move on.

In order to be the best, you have to beat the best.

woo-yeah.gif

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

They have a pretty awful Defense to begin with, but also have some injuries to the Defense making them even worse. Forward wise they're definitely deeper then Minnesota, but also dont have a superstar like the Wild either.

And, they're not a fast team. Actually I'd say they're a bit like Nashville but they dont play overly physical either. If we play them I actually think the Avs will be the far more physical team. We played them really well in the regular season as well.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
If we play the Blues I'd like to see MacDermid in the lineup so he can kill that little rat Perron quickly and get it over with. I don't think I've ever hated an otherwise completely beige player as much as him.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019

Minni has a legit star, something you can’t say about the Blues. They also play a more abrasive/physical style than St. Louis. The Blues are really not at all like what they were in their cup year. They’re an incredibly deep team upfront, they’re also physically large, but they don’t play big.

I also respect Minnesota’s goaltending more than the Blues. The Avs have lit up Binnington a bunch of times in the past.

Last edited:

Peter Peckerwood

Aug 6, 2020
9764 Jeopardy Lane
I'd rather play the losers of the next round, which is what the Avs will do to whomever they play.
Eff both of the opponents, it is up to the Avs and what they want. It is as simple as that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad