Pre-Game Talk: Who do we rest for Saturday's game against the Leafs?

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Markov, Plekanec, Gionta, Bouillon, Gorges, Prust

and most importantly: Start Budaj.

Price had a really good game tonight. We don't want to put him in behind a wobbly defense and have him surrender a few goals to Toronto. Especially if we have to play them.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Clinching 2nd place is appealling.....but winning playoff should be the target.

And being 2nd....might face Islanders , Rangers or Ottawa....not necessarely easier
1st round match-up.

I would rest Markov for obvious reason...replace by Drewiske
I would rest Prust, make sure he don't get into a fight....replace by Dumont

Mayby another one.....Blunden and Weber can take some load.

Guess Toronto might rest some guys also

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Clinching 2nd place is appealling.....but winning playoff should be the target.

And being 2nd....might face Islanders , Rangers or Ottawa....not necessarely easier
1st round match-up.

I would rest Markov for obvious reason...replace by Drewiske
I would rest Prust, make sure he don't get into a fight....replace by Dumont

Mayby another one.....Blunden and Weber can take some load.

Guess Toronto might rest some guys also

So we "surrender" to the Leafs because we are afraid that Markov, Prust and a few others might be targeted by the Leafs goons.

And for that, we get to play the Leafs in the first round where the Leafs goons will target Markov, Prust and a few others.

Makes sense.:huh:

If the Habs are really worried about the Leafs goons, wouldnt Bergevin have done something about it?:sarcasm:

JohnnyB11

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, NB
IF everyone was healthy, nobody sits. The lineup needs to build on the last game and a half. However, it seems Prust is not 100%, and if Markov and/Gorges need a game off to get a little healthier, so be it.

No way you play Budaj. No way you do a wholesale lineup change. You go for the win, giving a couple of guys a rest if necessary.

madhi19

Just the tip!
Jun 2, 2012
Cold and Dark place!
twitter.com
Nobody they should go hard to make a statement. And if by the middle of the game one side got a big lead then you bench guys like Markov, Gorges, Prust... Also winning Saturday will make Boston work their butt off and waste energy to win on Sunday. Provided they don't lose Saturday game.

fsdev905

Dec 22, 2006
Toronto
It's hard to determine since both Montreal and Boston play at 7PM.

Montreal has to dress everyone and hope for Boston to lose.

If Boston loses Saturday, Sunday's Boston game is meaningless.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Simple answer: No one.

2nd place is on the line. You either get to play the 7th place team, or the 5th. People try to say "It doesn't matter who you play in the playoffs." Well yeah, it does. Do we really WANT to play a Leafs team that plays us really hard every game, over a Rangers team that we've dominated all year? I'd say no. Will they if that's the way the cards fall? Absolutely.

If the playoff match-ups and standings were set in stone, I'd see us resting a couple of guys. The fact that they're not, I don't.

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
Markov, Plekanec, Gionta, Bouillon, Gorges, Prust

and most importantly: Start Budaj.

Price had a really good game tonight. We don't want to put him in behind a wobbly defense and have him surrender a few goals to Toronto. Especially if we have to play them.

Seems like you have a lot of confidence in Price.

Chfan

Apr 16, 2004
Montreal
It's hard to determine since both Montreal and Boston play at 7PM.

Montreal has to dress everyone and hope for Boston to lose.

If Boston loses Saturday, Sunday's Boston game is meaningless.

It won't be meaningless because if we win against Toronto, then Sens has a chance of catching up with Toronto, so therefore, playing Boston no?

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
So we "surrender" to the Leafs because we are afraid that Markov, Prust and a few others might be targeted by the Leafs goons.

And for that, we get to play the Leafs in the first round where the Leafs goons will target Markov, Prust and a few others.

Makes sense.:huh:

If the Habs are really worried about the Leafs goons, wouldnt Bergevin have done something about it?:sarcasm:

huh...how about we rest Bouillon cause he's 37 years old and a rest would be beneficial for him, how about we rest Markov cause he slowed down with the heavy schedule, how about we rest Prust cause he's been injured not so long ago...

but no, it has to be about goons right ? :nod:

usernam

Dec 18, 2005
Toronto, ON
I think Boston will rest their players against either the Caps or the Sens, and will probably lose 1 of these 2 weekend games. It would do wonders for the morale and confidence of this team if we beat the Leafs by a big margin and consequently win our division at the Bruins' expense. I say rest no one and go all-in, but when the game gets out of reach for either team, you stop playing your top players.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I'd be shocked if anyone sits. You have to imagine that we're gunning for our division. I wish we could sit a few players but I doubt its happening.

Johnny B Good

Sep 21, 2011
Alot of people are writing that Boston has to win both of their last two games to win division, IF Montreal beats Toronto. How come? both have 61 points, if both win 1 game they are tied at 63, but Boston has better team + and both will then have the same W,L and OT numbers?

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
You rest players who need it!

You clinched home ice for the first round just like you would have done of you finished 7th.

Why not rest your players for a game which is far less important then the one your going to play on Tuesday.

Markov, Prust, Boullion will get rested, hopefully more.

After this grueling schedule, five days of rest and light practice will help a pro athlete considerably!:yo::nod:

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Michel Therrein & Marc Bergevin. Unlike most of the players they've been at it since last summer. And if we could spare him Dudley needs a rest too.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
Carlyle will want his team to send a HUGE message.
I have seen this coach do this many times before.
The game with the Leafs will NOT be a hockey game, it will be a chance to smash all the Habs, hurt them, break bones, cut a slash and who cares about the penalties. Intent to injury?? OH YES the Leafs will be looking to hurt all the Habs. All not legal but Carlyle does not care about
this, he thinks it's the best news all year. He gets to head hunt for 3 periods and with any luck send Subban Markov Price Gally and a few other right to the hospital with broken bones and out of the playoffs.
This is Carlyle, this he will never admit to but just tune in and watch the game. The Leafs will GO NUTS and just try to injury all games long.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Carlyle will want his team to send a HUGE message.
I have seen this coach do this many times before.
The game with the Leafs will NOT be a hockey game, it will be a chance to smash all the Habs, hurt them, break bones, cut a slash and who cares about the penalties. Intent to injury?? OH YES the Leafs will be looking to hurt all the Habs. All not legal but Carlyle does not care about
this, he thinks it's the best news all year. He gets to head hunt for 3 periods and with any luck send Subban Markov Price Gally and a few other right to the hospital with broken bones and out of the playoffs.
This is Carlyle, this he will never admit to but just tune in and watch the game. The Leafs will GO NUTS and just try to injury all games long.

By George, I think you're onto something. And I even think he won't stop at Saturday's game? He'll continue that play into the playoffs. So maybe we should also rest our best players during the playoffs against the Leafs. They'll be real ready to play after the Leafs playoff series. It'll just be a question of what sport.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad