Pre-Game Talk: Who do we rest for Saturday's game against the Leafs?

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Now that we clinched home ice and that the game against Toronto has less meaning, who should we sit for either precautions in case the Leafs have naughty ideas before the playoffs or for pure resting purposes. I say we rest the following players: Gorges, Markov, Bouillon, Ryder, Prust, Plekanec & Gionta. Play Bournival/Leblanc, Dumont, Blunden & White as our forwards and dress Weber, Pateryn and Beaulieu or Drewiske.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Yeah, I am going to guess no one although they may give a guy like Prust a break.

The Bruins could lose in WSH or vs OTT for sure, you don't want to blow the division title because you rested key guys.

Delat

Oct 9, 2006
No one, all we have to do is finish tied with the Bruins to get ahead of them... So we win saturday and they win 1 out of their 2 last games and we are second.

Habtchum*

Yeah, I am going to guess no one although they may give a guy like Prust a break.

The Bruins could lose in WSH or vs OTT for sure, you don't want to blow the division title because you rested key guys.

You are way too optimistic.

I don't want our best players to be hurt in that TO game.

Habtchum*

No one, all we have to do is finish tied with the Bruins to get ahead of them... So we win saturday and they win 1 out of their 2 last games and we are second.

Why bother finishing second overall ?

We have now better selections at the draft before the Bruins.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Why bother finishing second overall ?

We have now better selections at the draft before the Bruins.

Cup winner always picks last....:sarcasm:

As for who we rest..Price and Markov for sure. I'd even consider giving PK the night off.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I'd sit Markov... He clearly needs the rest, plus he's never been THAT great in the playoffs, so might as well give him all the chances to succeed.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan

I definitely agree on Prust, his shoulder is obviously not a 100% and I don't want him fighting meatheads like McLaren or Orr just before the playoffs. Bouillon and Markov are probably pretty beat up and it's been showing in their play in the last stretch of the season. Markov has been playing 25 mins/game all season long and played around 20 mins a night in the KHL too. Playing that many minutes (and they aren't easy match-ups either) after barely playing in the last two and a half years has affected him a lot. I think he'd benefit a lot from a rest, especially against a team as physical as the Leafs. Gorges played good tonight but he's been one of our worst defender in the last three weeks and I have a feeling he's been playing hurt too. Bouillon is an old man and he would also benefit from it. Plekanec's been playing tough minutes all year and he's only missed like two games this year, I want a fresh Pleky for the playoffs. Ryder is obviously not a 100% right now, he missed a game a week ago because of an undisclosed injury so again resting him is logical and Gionta is the captain and takes a lot of abuse from other teams.

Give a ******** of ice time to the Eller line and make Subban play 30 minutes.

Shadyone33

Aug 14, 2007
Toronto
Rest nobody. Go for division title. Washington is RED HOT and KARLSSON IS BACK! Boston could lose 1 of those 2 games. Markov doesn't need rest. I don't want to see him rest because I'm in the finals of my pool and I have him :naughty:

I'd HATE to lose the division because we didn't put ourselves in the best position to win on Saturday.

Lions999

Jun 28, 2011
Sit Eller ,Gally, Chuckie Subban and Prust . These are the players who will make us win in the playoffs.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Markov and Prust for sure. This is a meaningless game for Leafs and they might just try to goon it.

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
Winning that game is far too important to rest any key player.

If we don't have these two points we probably give up division lead. If we give up division lead we play the Leafs. If we lose that game versus the Leafs, they will have even more momentum going into the first round against us.

See were I'm going? Its a must win game.

BeBen*

Winning Saturday forces Boston to win their two games or else we take the Division

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad