Pre-Game Talk: Who do we rest for Saturday's game against the Leafs?

dutchy29

Nov 9, 2007
SIRISAACBROCKVILLE
I think getting some more chemistry is key, winning a couple in a row would be huge boost for confidence, beating the Leafs heading into the playoffs would be huge psychological boost even if we don't face them, but especially if we do.
I would cut Markov min down to 15min for the game and if we get a big lead rest some other key guys

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
With the way this team is playing, they need all the rehearsal time they can get. You bring your A team against the leafs. You can't just flick your game on when the playoffs start like its a light switch.

Its an important game for the team's psyche going into the post season. They need to feel good about themselves, particularly on D and Shorthanded. Right now, they are playing like the weakest team in the post season

Habtchum*

With the way this team is playing, they need all the rehearsal time they can get. You bring your A team against the leafs. You can't just flick your game on when the playoffs start like its a light switch.

Its an important game for the team's psyche going into the post season. They need to feel good about themselves, particularly on D and Shorthanded. Right now, they are playing like the weakest team in the post season

Habs would be even weaker if some of our best players are injured or intimidated Saturday night.

tiz

Oct 27, 2006
Nova Scotia
Can't rest too many guys if you're going to play the Leafs in the first round... Don't want to get blown out just before the playoff series.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Habs would be even weaker if some of our best players are injured or intimidated Saturday night.

Its a risk I can live with because the team isn't going anywhere without some work. You are going into game 1 with your A team, so that's the team that needs to get some work in.

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
Now that we clinched home ice and that the game against Toronto has less meaning, who should we sit for either precautions in case the Leafs have naughty ideas before the playoffs or for pure resting purposes. I say we rest the following players: Gorges, Markov, Bouillon, Ryder, Prust, Plekanec & Gionta. Play Bournival/Leblanc, Dumont, Blunden & White as our forwards and dress Weber, Pateryn and Beaulieu or Drewiske.

Is White's suspension over?

I don't think they're gonna rest anyone. I think they'll wnat the win to keep building their confidence...

Franck

eltiT resU motsuC
Jan 5, 2010
Gothenburg
The Leafs have nothing to play for. That alone makes me fear they'll just throw all their meatheads out there and try to start as many punch fights as they can in an attempt to set the tone to the potential playoff series.

Still don't think we should rest anyone though, Habs need to go out 100% and humiliate them.

PuckNorris

Mar 11, 2008
Montreal
It's rubs me the wrong way to close out the season getting smacked by the Leafs in 4 out of 5 games. Bring a good effort.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Come on, guys. For them it's just another game. They're gonna try to win, maybe not hard, but they're gonna try.

Maayyybe you rest Price and manage ice time, but that's it.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Send out the the sacrificial lambs.

D pairs
Beaulieu-Bouillon
Drewiske-Weber
Subban-Kaberle(give Kaberle strict orders not to go near the boards)

Forwards: Pleks, Patches, Ryder, Prust should be given a break.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Yeah, I am going to guess no one although they may give a guy like Prust a break.

The Bruins could lose in WSH or vs OTT for sure, you don't want to blow the division title because you rested key guys.

Lots can happen here ...

If the Habs beat the Leafs and Ottawa beats Philly on Saturday ... Ottawa has nothing to lose by throwing the game against Boston on Sunday. Ottawa as 6th would end up playing Washington in the playoffs whom they beat three times instead of 5th playing Boston to whom they lost four times.

Other games can also affect all this including what happens with the Rangers on Saturday and whether they win or not. If the Rangers win and Ottawa loses on Saturday, Ottawa ends up 7th and plays to beat the Bruins so they end up against Montreal in the playoffs.

Roulin

Mar 21, 2007
Montreal
I don't think there's any chance it will happen, but I'd bench half the team. Especially Plekanec and Markov. Montreal has played a lot of games recently. The Rangers and Sens are much better teams than the Leafs, I'd rather get Toronto in the first round anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad