Who comes out when Kadri comes back?

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Turn that frown upside-down
The answer is clear to see
You gotta remove Conner Brown
Conner can skate especially for a Canadian kid, but his lack of scoring suggests his stick is wooden, made from a tree!
Actually, I think his hands have turned to stone. There's noting wrong with wooden sticks, if you have the skill to use them.

Reactions: Cobra777

Mad hatter

Go Leafs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Acton Ontario
I’d assume it’s going to be Moore but personally believe it should be Brown. I’ve liked the way the Goats been playing the last 20 games, he’s a very positionally sound player and is what the 4th line needs. He never cheats for offence and does he’s job properly and don’t understand (besides draft position) why he’s so disliked.

Reactions: Cobra777

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Should be Brown, but will be Moore. For better or worse we know Babcock. He's not going to lose another good pro PK guy if he can help it. Will mean a weaker 4th line when Brown joins Ennis and Gauthier, but will mean a better third line with Brown off it and Kadri back in.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
I think you could quite easily convince me that Connor Brown should be the one coming out of the lineup when Nazem Kadri returns and that the fourth line should remain as is. This is primarily because Brown hasn’t made much of an impact lately after being bumped up the lineup. Going into the Calgary game, he had three points and 12 shots on net in 10 games and the lowest amount of ice time he saw in any of those games was 12:55. He’s good on the penalty kill and is an honest player, but his impact shift-to-shift is waning. Brown has five goals this season (including an empty netter). Ennis has 12 in 26 fewer games.

Toronto Maple Leafs Notebook: A look at the middling penalty kill

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Depends on the return of course, but his contract is pretty damn good and it offsets our bigger contracts nicely.

It would have to be for someone else with some term on their deal in a spot we need the help.. Makes a ton of sense to have a Kadri - Pesce swap. Addresses the top pair for the window and allows Muzzin to anchor the 2nd pair. Dermott can play with him on his offside on the 2nd pair and then the third pair is likely some form of the Marlies.. Likely Rosen on LD who knows on RD.

So the D would be

Rielly - Pesce
Muzzin - Dermott
Rosen - XXX

Pretty good D right there. However the issue is, what happens when Matthews gets his annual injury? We have JT and Nylander as our centers.. GOAT would be 3rd line C... I don't even want to know who is 4C

apollo678

Oct 21, 2013
I keep reading over and over again, you can't pay 6.9 to 3rd. line center, so you definitely can't pay it to a 4th. line center.

1 change ... centers based on paycheque ... ;)

Johnsson - Matthews - Kapanen
Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Ennis - Nylander - Moore
Marleau - Kadri - Brown

3 scoring lines, one shutdown line.

This is what I would like to at least try. One of those scoring lines is going to be able to exploit its match up every game. Also, Nylander-Ennis is the core of PP2...playing them together more might increase the chemistry of PP2.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Kadri needs to play center for maximum effect. At the wing he's a lot less effective and more likely to be traded due to the Leafs winger depth.

Reactions: Guy Boucher

lovemyleafs

Jan 23, 2017
I want the best possible lineup and mix of players, and at the moment, I think Gauthier is more necessary than Kadri.

You don't have to agree.

I respect your opinion but..

KF2CZjJ.gif

Gauthier is definitely not more important than Kadri.

But we'll agree to disagree.

Last edited:
Reactions: glue

lovemyleafs

Jan 23, 2017
Win the Cup.
It's a team game.
4 solid lines.

Except the Marleau-Kadri-Brown experiment has been tried before and has failed over and over again. That's a horrible combination.

Kadri and Nylander have had lots of success playing together.
&
Ennis-Moore have been playing great on the fourth line with GOAT.

Why change things up now? Who knows if Moore and Ennis will even work with Nylander? Is Ennis really ready to be promoted to the third line this late into the season?

Now's not the time to be experimenting.

Bottom 6 of Marleau/Kadri/Nylander & Ennis/GOAT/Moore >>>>>>>>>> Ennis/Nylander/Moore & Marleau/Kadri/Brown

I wish Babs could demote Marleau to the 4th line and replace him with Moore but we all know that's not gonna happen.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Except the Marleau-Kadri-Brown experiment has been tried before and has failed over and over again. That's a horrible combination.

Kadri and Nylander have had lots of success playing together.
&
Ennis-Moore have been playing great on the fourth line with GOAT.

Why change things up now? Who knows if Moore and Ennis will even work with Nylander? Is Ennis really ready to be promoted to the third line this late into the season?

Now's not the time to be experimenting.

Bottom 6 of Marleau/Kadri/Nylander & Ennis/GOAT/Moore >>>>>>>>>> Ennis/Nylander/Moore & Marleau/Kadri/Brown

I wish Babs could demote Marleau to the 4th line and replace him with Moore but we all know that's not gonna happen.

Precisely this is what I’m hopeful will happen as well! Moore-Kadri-Nylander
Marleau-GOAT-Ennis, Rotate Brown/Petan

Leaf4Life

Feb 8, 2010
I want the best possible lineup and mix of players, and at the moment, I think Gauthier is more necessary than Kadri.

You don't have to agree.

I'm not a big Kadri fan but Goat over Kadri??

I'd like to hear your reasoning behind that..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad