Johnsson - Matthews - Kapanen
Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Kadri - Nylander - Brown
Ennis - Marleau - Moore

Reactions: TopCheese

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Brown plays a key role on the PK which is why he'll stay in over those two (and I'm not saying it's necessarily a good reason)

I will say that it seems that Babs loves Moore's motor and "good pro"-ness .. So he might just be earning his way in ... I'd try him on the PK. He has the speed and tenacity for that role.

Brown barely even plays on the PK anymore. Our main Pk'ers are Hyman, Kapanen and Marner. Im sure brown can be replaced with someone like Moore on the PK

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
The usual lame excuse. "He does it right, grinds in the corners...."
You can already see how Babs will be run out of town in a few years.

Brown doesnt even grind in the corners anymore. Dude is just overall useless. His foot speed has gone down considerably from years past too

Reactions: Cobra777

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Gauthier is perfect at his role and also gives this team some much-needed Size in the 4th line. Ennis and Moore clearly have speed and skill and have chemistry.

The 4th line should stay the same.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Not absolutely sure, and not bothered by it either as there are (too?) many options to work with and choose from. Might seem easy to demote Moore, but I wouldn't be surprised if he were here to stay this time. Sounds crazy to bench Ennis too, after tonight's performance. A tough decision can be a very good thing.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Brown barely even plays on the PK anymore. Our main Pk'ers are Hyman, Kapanen and Marner. Im sure brown can be replaced with someone like Moore on the PK

That's false .. Brown, on average per game, plays the second most minutes (behind Hyman) out of the forwards .. Kapanen and Marner play way less.

Per Hockey Reference (2018-19 Toronto Maple Leafs Roster and Statistics | Hockey-Reference.com)

That being said I believe Kap, Marner , etc can all handle additional time/minutes on the PK to offset Brown's loss.

Mar 14, 2011
Brown. It has to be Brown.

How can Babs with a straight face take out Moore or Ennis at this point.
Remember Babs was the guy who, when asked why Komarov was 4th in minutes among forwards last year, responded with a comment of how hardworking players have the effect of "empowering" their teammates thru their examples and even admitted that he is aware that his thinking is different than most people. Taking Brown out of the lineup, despite him being one of the hardest working player on this team during this past 2.8 seasons will be going against his philosophy, and we all know how firm Babcock can be.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Easiest thing to do is not mess with the 4th line.

Take out Brown, move Nylander back to the Wing on Brown's spot. Kadri back in C.

Marleau-Kadri-Nylander
Moore-Gauthier-Ennis

Scratched: Brown, Petan

Dont be stupid Babcock. Benching Brown wont hurt anyone's feelings.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Johnsson - Matthews - Nylander
Hyman - - - Tavares - - - Marner
Marleau - - - Kadri - - - Kapanen
Moore - - - - Gauthier - - - Ennis

Rielly - - - Hainsey
Muzzin - - - Zaitsev
Gardiner - Dermott​

Gsh

Oct 14, 2018
I don't get the hate. Hes not gifted offensively but he does a decent job in breaking the puck out of the zone and has some hustle. I get why Babcock would want him to play as a role guy.
I understand he does all the little things but my issue is a result of depth. With the way the 4th line is producing, I think he has to be the guy to sit out when Kadri returns. I love his character but his line has been cold offensively all season. Doesn’t matter how good of a role you can play if you create nothing.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
In a perfect world. Marleau to 4th line centre. Goat to the press box, Nylander back with Matthews

Hyman Tavares Marner
Johnsson Matthews Nylander
Ennis/Moore Kadri Kapanen
Ennis/Moore Marleau Brown

extra's Petan Goat

Reactions: standers

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
I let Kadri sit until he is 100%, completely prepared to come back in. Leafs have been keeping pace, no need to rush him back. If he does, I imagine it's Moore at this point. Who knows though, they have a great deal of depth, so it's good to see them interchange players without much decrease in results.

Down the stretch, these little breaks of the body can do wonders as he recovers from the obviously more serious of effects of a concussion.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Hyman - JT - Mitch
Johnsson - Auston - Kappy
Marleau - Kadri - Nylander
Moore - Petan - Ennis

I cant believe you took GOAT out. Petan isnt even a natural C. Goat has size and can win faceoffs and does his job perfectly.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Need Brown for the PK. After Lindholm's departure Babs lost one of his penalty killers he won't want to lose another one.

He can easily replace Brown with either Moore or Goat on the PK

We kept saying the same thing with Komarov until Babcock was finally forced to remove him.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3