Speculation: Who can save Puljujarvi?

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
His hockey sense/IQ is awful

Its so tough to teach someone to improve that. I wish he just needed to improve his skating or something like that. But trying to teach a player what needs to be done in a split second every moment of the game is tough.

Some people just struggle with that.

Ive seen many many players over the years in the WHL that are beasts in junior when playing against kids their age with awful IQ cause they are able to make up for their mistakes. But once they get to pro hockey, they crash and burn cause its waaaaay harder to make up your screw ups.

I hate to write people off that are so young but i just dont see JP succeeding at the NHL level. I hope i am wrong though

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I think JPs time in Edmonton is over and we should look to trade him. Personally think Winnipeg would be a perfect fit. Package him with Russell and trade for Ehlers. Winnipeg might need a dman if they cant sign all their UFAs and JP can play with Laine again, and we finally get a winger to play with leons and connor. Cap wise is pretty much a wash as well.

JP and Russell for Ehlers? That would never happen. Thats awful

Russell is terrible with a 4 mill cap hit for another 2 years.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
Trade him ! A team that’s a contender like the Caps or T-Bay might be willing to gamble a low 1st rounder for the guy?

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Seriously! You've got Svechnikov and Nino, and probably Necas. Ferland, maybe, as well as a bunch of guys who are playing their asses off. How in the hell do you justify putting Puljujarvi ahead of any of them? Those types of decisions are how you lose a room, as a coach.
At this point. Puljujarvi starts as a 4th liner on a good team, and earns his way up.
Yeah I mean I wouldn't bring him in with the intention of immediately making him a first or second liner, but if the price isn't high, I'd absolutely be interested in bringing him on board and seeing if playing on the same team as Aho and Teravainen resets him mentally. If it works out, he's a legit 1st liner and would give us a dominant offensive force down the line. If it doesn't, well as long as the price wasn't high, no sweat off our backs.

I mean if we can get him at the same price we got for Nino (Victor Rask), then yeah we should look into it.

tellermine

Oct 21, 2018
Köln, Helsinki, Lappeenranta
What opportunities in Edmonton? He played 3rd line mostly and sniffed some with McDavid and Draisaitl occasionally... but no different an Rattie, Aberg, Lucic, Maroon or the dozen others tried.

I doubt the Oilers trade him unless they get an amazing offer. Yak was traded after he exhausted all his opportunities. Guy was all effort and no hockey sense. Only had a shot and nothing else either. JP can backcheck and pass better than Yak could in all his NHL years.
Ah but seasons 1 and 2 he played a lot with McDavid and Drai.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad