Speculation: Who can save Puljujarvi?

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
If Oilers trade Puljujarvi (as I think they should), what team would give him the best shot at rescuing his NHL career? That's not necessarily the team that gives him the most "opportunity," because he had plenty of that in Edmonton, but one with the track record or capability to coach/teach a forward like him.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Puljujärvi is a strange case, one of the strangest in years. Maybe the biggest (only) problem is between his ears.
Hockey is a mental game, maybe in Pulju's case, 100 000 %.

All the tools to be a star player, he was drafted 4th overall for a reason, all of his attributes... are still there
those just can't suddenly disappear you know, weird case indeed.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
If the Pens trade Kessel we would probably be in the market for a RW. Maybe riding shotgun to Malkin could kickstart his career

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Puljujärvi is a strange case, one of the strangest in years. Maybe the biggest (only) problem is between his ears.
Hockey is a mental game, maybe in Pulju's case, 100 000 %.

All the tools to be a star player, he was drafted 4th overall for a reason, all of his attributes... are still there
those just can't suddenly disappear you know, weird case indeed.

Same can be said for Yakupov. Highlight reels don’t change anything. I can post a Georges Laraques highlight reel that makes him look can’t miss

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Florida maybe. Barkov can probably help fix his play. Hurricanes maybe aswell.

A year back in Europe might help him get his mojo back as well.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
If Oilers trade Puljujarvi (as I think they should), what team would give him the best shot at rescuing his NHL career? That's not necessarily the team that gives him the most "opportunity," because he had plenty of that in Edmonton, but one with the track record or capability to coach/teach a forward like him.

What opportunities in Edmonton? He played 3rd line mostly and sniffed some with McDavid and Draisaitl occasionally... but no different an Rattie, Aberg, Lucic, Maroon or the dozen others tried.

I doubt the Oilers trade him unless they get an amazing offer. Yak was traded after he exhausted all his opportunities. Guy was all effort and no hockey sense. Only had a shot and nothing else either. JP can backcheck and pass better than Yak could in all his NHL years.

Reactions: teddygmr

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
I feel like him coming to Toronto makes a lot of sense, especially if Kapanen/Johnsson end up being cap casualties. Hell be a low dollar, high potential player who may get an opportunity with Marner, Matthews, or Tavares. All it takes is a bit of a hot streak to gain some confidence, and then with the right coaching he can realize his potential.

Similar to Strome in Chicago, Kane and Debrincat had done wonders for his confidence.

Reactions: teddygmr

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
Puljujarvi’s hands have been a problem, he can’t corral the puck at times and it’s extremely frustrating, just a really uncoordinated looking player.

Reactions: Creativero

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Bruins could turn him around. Put him on a line with Krejci and Debrusk. Pressure would be off of him in bean town

Reactions: Estlin

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Winnipeg I think would do a good job with him, but he might have to spend quite some time with the Moose before being given a chance with the Jets. Think he could be a Blake Wheeler-like player if he was developed properly.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I think Quinn may be able to fix him, get him on the Rangers. Lots of ice time to be had at but our RW depth is loaded

Reactions: Shootertooter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad