Speculation: Who can save Puljujarvi?

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Winnipeg I think would do a good job with him, but he might have to spend quite some time with the Moose before being given a chance with the Jets. Think he could be a Blake Wheeler-like player if he was developed properly.

Too late. He needs waivers to go to the AHL.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
While I would like him in LA because he is what the team needs and should fit well with Kopitar.

His best options are Carolina (Aho) and Winnipeg (Laine). He has had good chemistry with both players before and might get his confidence back playing with someone that knows his game.

traffic cone

May 12, 2011
Edmonton would be crazy to sell him while his value is this low. And it wouldn't make sense for Puljujarvi to try and play in the NHL next season either, so I just don't see a trade.

Let him play big minutes in Liiga for Karpat or Jokerit in the KHL.

SkywalkerQC

Poehling for president
Jul 30, 2016
Québec
No way Montreal gives Byron for Pulj.
Byron is likely a botom 6 players for us, he is also pretty redundant for MTL with shaw, weal and lekhonen. Id rather take a chance on a big winger that may become great, or not, than keep our abundance of small wingers. Byron is also 30 years old.

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I think the best choice of coach for him is Jeremy Colliton.

Was going to say, CHI likes to take reclamation projects and has some success of turning them around.

Florida maybe. Barkov can probably help fix his play. Hurricanes maybe aswell.

A year back in Europe might help him get his mojo back as well.

Although true that Barkov could help him but I don't see where he would fit as he's not a top 6 player right now but agree a lower league against lesser competition would probably get his confidence back.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
I don’t want to trade him. I think with a new coach, the hip issue remedied, a more defined role and (hopefully) a Finnish mentor to play with (please just trade for Haula), Pulju can rediscover his game and get on a positive trajectory. Would love to see him on a 3rd line of Khaira-Haula-Pulju.

But if I’m going to answer the OP’s question, I’ll say Minnesota. Playing with Koivu could really have a positive impact on him.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Byron is likely a botom 6 players for us, he is also pretty redundant for MTL with shaw, weal and lekhonen. Id rather take a chance on a big winger that may become great, or not, than keep our abundance of small wingers. Byron is also 30 years old.

JP can’t make the Habs top-9. And he can’t go to the ahl without waivers. Best not even bother with him.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I disagree. Yak never had the effort for one (Pulju does try really hard), nor the skill/size,skating.
That's not true at all. Yak put in effort, and was probably a better skater. Had a good shot, also, when he hit the net.

The jury is still out on whether Pulju will surpass Yak in accomplishment.

If Granlund were still here then I would say that he and Koivu could maybe help the young man, but now that he's gone- Mikko is too old for that shit. Wild don't need a dopey, underperforming project. we've got enough problems of our own.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I don’t want to trade him. I think with a new coach, the hip issue remedied, a more defined role and (hopefully) a Finnish mentor to play with (please just trade for Haula), Pulju can rediscover his game and get on a positive trajectory. Would love to see him on a 3rd line of Khaira-Haula-Pulju.

But if I’m going to answer the OP’s question, I’ll say Minnesota. Playing with Koivu could really have a positive impact on him.

I’ve seen some rumblings about Ville Leskinen (2nd in LIIGA in scoring, 6’1/190/right shot), getting NHL interest. He’d be a very good add for the Oilers; not only would he be a shoe-in for a top 9 spot, he could really help Puljujarvi.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
To put things into perspective, Yak had a better career than JP on a per age basis in the nhl.

Jayevs

Formerly avsman
Jul 29, 2010
Such a strange case, I liked his IQ pre draft, but he has a deer in the headlights look every time he touches the puck in the NHL.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
I’ve seen some rumblings about Ville Leskinen (2nd in LIIGA in scoring, 6’1/190/right shot), getting NHL interest. He’d be a very good add for the Oilers; not only would he be a shoe-in for a top 9 spot, he could really help Puljujarvi.

Consider me intrigued. Still would like to pursue Haula if the price is right.

Field of Dreams

Oct 10, 2011
Port Credit
I feel like him coming to Toronto makes a lot of sense, especially if Kapanen/Johnsson end up being cap casualties. Hell be a low dollar, high potential player who may get an opportunity with Marner, Matthews, or Tavares. All it takes is a bit of a hot streak to gain some confidence, and then with the right coaching he can realize his potential.

Similar to Strome in Chicago, Kane and Debrincat had done wonders for his confidence.

Toronto also has very good $ports $cience and development program.

Reactions: teddygmr

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
He'll go to europe where his slow brain isn't as much of a deterrent and we won't see him back in NA again.

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
The Devils would be a good destination for him.
Their RW depth is Palmieri, Noesen, Anderson, Bastian - They have had to fill players on their off wings the past two seasons.
Coach Hynes has a long history working with and developing young players and it could be considered his biggest strength as a coach.
He'll likely be filling in on the 3rd line with Hughes so he can focus on simple plays. Hughes will shoulder most of the offensive responsibility.

Unfortunately the Devils are probably not looking to bring in players like Puljujarvi, I think they'll be more interested in reliable vets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad