Who bombs in the first round?

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
Canucks goaltending situation is quite shaky. Demko hasn’t played in months and I don’t think we can rely on De Smith.
It's been one month Lol.

But I think Canucks. They overperformed this year. They have been a lot of fun and worked hard and I'd love for them to win a round but they aren't contenders yet. Fun season though.

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
1) Avs
2) Extremely high probability at least one of Vegas/Dallas/Oilers is out in round one depending on the final seeding
3) Boston if they play Tampa
4) Canucks if Demko looks bad coming off injury (or they face LA)

Reactions: WhataKnight

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
Mentioning the Leafs is stupid when their first round opponents are either Florida or Boston who are higher in the standings and would be favoured.

I'm gonna say Nucks or Jets, and I can definitely see Tampa punking Boston again.
So you are saying that the internal and external expectation for the leafs is a first round loss?

I mean, it's gonna happen but at this time in there contention cycle and with that group you would think it should be higher.

f*** it must suck to be a leafs fan. Best leaf lineups in most of our lifetimes and everyone knows they are going to fail in the first round.

Why even bother...

• Haha
Reactions: BB79

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
So you are saying that the internal and external expectation for the leafs is a first round loss?

I mean, it's gonna happen but at this time in there contention cycle and with that group you would think it should be higher.

f*** it must suck to be a leafs fan. Best leaf lineups in most of our lifetimes and everyone knows they are going to fail in the first round.

Why even bother...
I'm not an Ottawa or Arizona fan though so it could always be worse!

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
It's sucks to be a Sens fan but at least there is hope with new ownership and management.

Oh yeah, and at least we know what a playoff run looks like....
I've been hearing about hope from you guys for a long time, the Summer of Pierre, all the trash talk this summer about Tkachuk > Marner, Stutzle > Matthews etc etc but it's been the same result.

And bragging about playoff runs that didn't result in a cup is pretty meaningless to me, especially when we're getting close to a decade now since you guys were even last there, and not really a lot of hope that you'll be there in the near future either.

Good try though!

Nogatco Rd

noble man who is loved by many animal
Apr 3, 2021
People saying the Leafs “can’t bomb” because they are the lower seeded team are missing the forest for the trees..

relative to the expectations of the team going into the season, and in the context of the past playoff struggles of their core players, and with the excitement around Matthews’ record setting season.. a first round exit would have to be considered a massive disappointment

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Av’s and Canucks.
For the underdog teams being mentioned I suppose if they go out in 4 or 5 that could be considered bombing out. I’d personally stick to a higher seed losing to lay a bomb label on though.

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
Sorry Vegas are not lurkers. They just added a top 6 forward from the LTIR and will be adding a 2nd shortly(Hertl and Stone). If Vegas goes out in the first it will be shocking. They are starting to fire on all cylanders

What's the deal with Pietrangelo?

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Because the past month they are getting hyped up as cup contenders
Where? Who? The best I've heard is that we're gonna be a tough out for the 1st round. But I haven't seen anyone saying we are even going to the finals. Weird.

rea

Feb 8, 2011
As a canucks fan, I hate that ppl seem to keep going back to bubble demko as a defense mechanism response to anyone saying canucks can be bounced. How many years ago was this? It's like bringing back prime playoff malkin and saying that's the expectation. Not saying it couldn't happen, but it's also just as likely it won't be the same. This isn't the same team, it's not the same system, majority of the players aren't the same. That goes for the rest of the teams. Vegas past success doesn't guarantee their incoming troops will do it again. That is all lol

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
nashville and van would be perfect play wide open hockey. josi vs hughes. hopefully the stars of vancouver come out to play and outscore the preds. some games will be close though. 3-2 2-1 type. if any indication of vancouver protecting the leads this year it will help them in the playoffs.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
What's the definition of bombing exactly?

Of the 4 matchups, the West will have 2 of them with teams that are within 3 wins of each other from an 82-game schedule, the defending champs as the underdog of one of the series, and then LA vs X.

Fair to say only the team in the position to bomb in the West is whoever plays LA?

Moridin

Apr 8, 2007
Every year, the answer is the Leafs, and it's still the Leafs

While I don't doubt they are 90% likely to lose in round 1, I think the OP said "teams people beliveve can go deep", which is not something anyone would ever say about the Leafs.

Reactions: Elvis P

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad