Who bombs in the first round?

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Matchups are so hard this year...

Only heavily favoured matchup will be in the East - Boston or Rangers vs the 2nd wildcard. If the division leader loses THAT is bombing out of the 1st round.

It was pointed out Carolina will be heavily favoured vs however crawls into the 3 spot in the Metro.

Last edited:

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
ITT: people saying teams are going to lose when the overwhelming sentiment seems to already be that those teams will lose.

Is it really a choke if the Knights or Leafs lose when they're lower in the standings and have low expectations?

I'll swing for the fences and say the Bruins. 25th in Corsi and Fenwick, 17th in xG%, 1st in PDO, 1st in shooting percentage, 3rd in s% SOG, 3rd in s% unblocked.

I'll also say the Rangers if the Penguins make it in, they've feasted a lot on the powerplay and their 5v5 team numbers aren't that exciting. Rangers are 22nd in xG (Pens are 11th), 19th in Corsi% (Pens are 14th), 17th in Fenwick (Pens are 16th). That would be a very interesting series.

edit: after seeing the results, I think Boston loses to the Leafs but I think the Rangers will beat Washington, they're equally unexciting 5v5.

Last edited:

Jason316

Oct 3, 2017
Santa Monica California
The American led Canucks advance in a hard fought series

If McDavid hurt than we got a shot otherwise Oilers advance

Avs I can't see them bombing even if they do they won recently sane with Vegas

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Mentioning the Leafs is stupid when their first round opponents are either Florida or Boston who are higher in the standings and would be favoured.

I'm gonna say Nucks or Jets, and I can definitely see Tampa punking Boston again.

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
Canucks - always felt like a regular season overperformer to me, Demko deserves Vezina but then reverts in playoffs

Bruins - They remind me of the Canucks that repeated President's despite being obviously worse

Vegas - classic defending champ that's tired/beat up

Avalanche getting bodied by the Jets after yesterday's game is a possibility.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
ITT: people saying teams are going to lose when the overwhelming sentiment seems to already be that those teams will lose.

Is it really a choke if the Knights or Leafs lose when they're lower in the standings and have low expectations?

I'll swing for the fences and say the Bruins. 25th in Corsi and Fenwick, 17th in xG%. I'll also say the Rangers if the Penguins make it in, they've feasted a lot on the powerplay and their 5v5 team numbers aren't that exciting. Rangers are 22nd in xG (Pens are 11th), 19th in Corsi% (Pens are 14th), 17th in Fenwick (Pens are 16th). That would be a very interesting series.
I agree that if Pit gets in they will be a handful for the Rangers.

I think Crosby, Malkin and Letang give it their all to win 1 round, then run out of gas in the second round

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad