Who bombs in the first round?

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
"the players don't care about the regular season, only playoffs. They're an elite team and MAtthews is the goat."

"we didn't do well in the regular season so we are the underdogs in the playoffs and when we lose in round one its not a choke"

-Leaf Fans
Ottawa fans in the summer: "we're going to be a serious threat this season just watch, Brady Tkachuk is a better playoff performer than Mitch Marner and Tim Stutzle+cap space is way better than Auston Matthews, Leafs window is closed Senators window is just opening you'll see!!!11!"

Ottawa fans during the season: "fire everybody this team sucks"

Ottawa fans late in the season after another meaningless run when playoffs are out of reach: "watch out Eastern Conference / Atlantic Division, Senators are coming for you!!!!!! we have new coaching and management now, you'll see"

Followed by another summer of chirping in idiotic HF polls, hopeless predictions and promises.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
In the East - Rangers if they get matched against the Isles or Pens + no OT or shootouts.

In the West - Vancouver, I think that's the weakest division. The whole top of that division has inflated points with the bottom two teams being so terrible.

Last edited:

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Any team could bomb. Hockey is a weird sport. Boston got swept last year. CBJ Swept Tampa few years back. 8th seed LA Kings of the past destroyed everyone in their path. Anything can happen in hockey.
Plus the Canucks choking in 2 SCF game 7's, 17 years apart. One on the road, one at home. Anything can truly happen.

PS- Florida upset us in 7 games last year, it wasn't a sweep.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
It is so inconsistent in reading those tea leaves. I am sure fans here can show examples of teams stinking it up near the end of the season, like the Avs, and then turning it on a dime in the PO.

I worry a bit about my Stars. They were hot to end the season a week ago, but have had two losses in the last 3 games, with one to go. Coasting just a bit after in all practicality winning the Central, or peaking a bit too early?

Time will tell.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
We are about 1 or 2 years behind in our rebuild. You are about 56 years since seeing a final with very few high points in the meanwhile. If you think that there has been alot of meaningless trash talk by Sens fans over the last couple years, compare that to the 5 decades of meaningless trash talk by leafs fans....

At least I can say I've seen my team be relevant in my lifetime... I

The Sens have literally never been relevant.

Reactions: 1specter

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Can't be the Canucks because they were only expected to be battling to get into the playoffs instead of backing in. They haven't had to be desperate this year.

Have to wait until the playoff teams are all set. Sort of like IF the Flyers got in and snookered NYR, but Pitt doing that might not be so big a difference between teams/players, not as much of a surprise.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Avs have almost no shot of getting out of the first round let alone winning another cup this year. We may as well be a Canadian franchise at this point.
I'm a big fan of your team. I still remember them anhilating my Oilers 2 years ago. Mak and Mack is a beautiful combo. Georgiev has been a bit scary though and is probably your achilles heel going in. Every team has one. My team only has 3 Top 4 defenders for instance.haha

NYRfan85

D'oh!
Jun 2, 2020
South Carolina
Rangers fan here. If the Penguins get in and face the Rangers, that worries me. That's why I'm really hoping Detroit gets the last WC spot...

In the West, Colorado is imploding at the wrong time, plus Georgiev is VERY prone to having bad games, so it'll be Colorado. The Jets are too much for the Avs to handle.

POVERTY

Leafs and Marchand fan
Sep 27, 2017
Vancouver.

Live by the PDO binge, die by the PDO purge.
Pettersson 22-23: 1.28 pts/game
Pettersson 23-24 (pre-contract extension): 1.21 pts/game
Pettersson 23-24 (post-contract extension): 0.72 pts/game

Hopefully his pockets aren't too heavy to produce come playoffs, they're going to need the old EP to show up.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Pettersson 22-23: 1.28 pts/game
Pettersson 23-24 (pre-contract extension): 1.21 pts/game
Pettersson 23-24 (post-contract extension): 0.72 pts/game

Hopefully his pockets aren't too heavy to produce come playoffs, they're going to need the old EP to show up.

In the first 48 games of the season, he had an ish% of 18.94.

From game 49 to now, he has an ish% of 12.16. And that number is an average, so it's likely lower now.

Simply put, he's gone from scoring on roughly 1-in-5 shots to 1-in-10.

I wouldn't count on it, is what I'm saying.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad