Who bombs in the first round?

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Toronto will bomb out in the first round like they always do.

Vegas isn't making it past round 1 either, but they suck to it's expected. besides Gary & the Refs gave them their one Cup, they aren't getting any help from them from now on.

Reactions: tfwnogf

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Literally none of them have the Leafs going deep but keep regurgitating the salty Canadian narrative
Hayes Noodles and Oniel all think the leafs are "different" this year. Not as wimpy. They have " sandpaper" I believe the names they were throwing out there were MCabe, Domi , Reaves, and a couple others, Lead by professional groupie Brian Hayes, counterparts Oniel and McClellend said they would not be surprised to see this leafs group go on a run.
And they ain't the only ones.
Leaf media cant help themselves. Same thing every year. Years ago it was cause cause they acquired Tavares. Then it was the core was older now, and of course Muzzin was the top pair D they needed, then Simmonds and Joe Thorton, landing Foligno the deadline for first rounder, getting Schenn and ORielly........every year they " look different" .....
rinse and repeat.

Last edited:
Reactions: StumpyTown

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
The Kings are going to get absolutely drug.

The team just has no pulse, and it’s going to show.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Canucks - always felt like a regular season overperformer to me, Demko deserves Vezina but then reverts in playoffs

Bruins - They remind me of the Canucks that repeated President's despite being obviously worse

Vegas - classic defending champ that's tired/beat up

Avalanche getting bodied by the Jets after yesterday's game is a possibility.
If reverting means bubble Demko than revert away. Demko has had only one real bad stretch since becoming a starter and that was when he played with a torn groin. Other than that his numbers on a very bad defensive club were very good.
Is it really a surprise that with a better system and players around him his numbers also went up?

But TBF, is someone were to look at his counting stats without watching the nucks a ton under Green and Bruce, I could see why people would possibly doubt him.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
If the canucks draw Nashville I think they will lose. But they should beat the knights.
We often feast on the preds and let's be honest without that run they are a lottery team.
Doing a deep dive into that streak shows a lot of wins against not great teams. Much rather them than Vegas.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
probably the bruins but I honestly think any series they’d be in would be a toss up outside of the islanders or the penguins (I think they’d smoke them but they’re not going to get them anyway)

Like sure Tampa has fewer points but I may even consider them a slight favorite in that series

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
I like that no one is saying the Rangers, but the betting odds are VERY against them winning the cup.
The Rangers are the cilantro of teams. When they're playing well, they dominate. When they're playing badly, they're a gong show.

They have to hope Kreider and Zibanejad can wake up a little, but they're otherwise well positioned, no matter what their fans or rival fans might say.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
B-O-S-T-O-N

Same thing as last year and without Bergeron and Krejci. There are a good team that works hard every game.....unfortunately they lose that advantage in the playoffs when every team shows up to play.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Canucks goaltending situation is quite shaky. Demko hasn’t played in months and I don’t think we can rely on De Smith.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
If we going off Division leaders...Vancouver to me screams upset. Boston as well if they go against Tampa

Reactions: Trash Panda

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
B-O-S-T-O-N

Same thing as last year and without Bergeron and Krejci. There are a good team that works hard every game.....unfortunately they lose that advantage in the playoffs when every team shows up to play.
The Bruins atrocious PP will be our downfall. Not expecting much despite finishing high in the standings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad