Who are the worst commentators in the league?

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
I've been watching the Montreal-LA game, and it baffles my mind how awful the Kings play-by-play guys have been. Monotonous, blatant homers (expected, but it seems to be on another level), getting player names wrong for shifts at a time, several times per period.

Who do you think are the worst commentators in the league?

Remada and Quinn for the Oilers are really bad, especially Remada, feels like he's legitimately cheering against the Oilers

Reactions: Bretzky

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Steigerwald/Errey for the Pens, Jack Edwards for Boston. Tampa Bay radio guys (I think it's the radio crew), the ones who shout like jackasses are pretty close, too.

"Kucherov, baby!!"
"THERE YA GO, THERE YA GO."

Ugh, so obnoxious. Now that I think about it, Keith Jones is a complete idiot, too.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Steigerwald/Errey for the Pens, Jack Edwards for Boston. Tampa Bay radio guys (I think it's the radio crew), the ones who shout like jackasses are pretty close, too.

"Kucherov, baby!!"
"THERE YA GO, THERE YA GO."

Ugh, so obnoxious. Now that I think about it, Keith Jones is a complete idiot, too.

Gotta be David Mishkin your referring to. That guys voice is like fingernails on a blackboard.

TwzKing

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2004
I've been watching the Montreal-LA game, and it baffles my mind how awful the Kings play-by-play guys have been. Monotonous, blatant homers (expected, but it seems to be on another level), getting player names wrong for shifts at a time, several times per period.

Who do you think are the worst commentators in the league?

That awful pBp guy is a hhof announcer who is returning from heart surgery. He is 80 something and have been doing the kings games for 40 years. Widely considered one of the best in the business.

Also Bob is very fair and balanced.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Remada and Quinn for the Oilers are really bad, especially Remada, feels like he's legitimately cheering against the Oilers

Drew Remenda is BRUTAL. I am to the point where I watch the TV but listen to other play-by-play feeds. The Oilers have a very young exciting team... let's get some insider tid-bits on our team... do your job!

Recently, I watched the back-to-back with Arizona where we had to listen to 6 periods of colour commentating about how good Mike Smith is and how he has dominated the Oilers, which he has... but it's Mike freaking Smith! Smith can be a very good goalie at times but he's not even a top 10 NHL goalie... how much can you talk about him?!

Edit: that was a rhetorical question. Don't say 6 periods or more. ;)

Reactions: Slicknitty

ProspectsSTC

Jul 12, 2014
That awful pBp guy is a hhof announcer who is returning from heart surgery. He is 80 something and have been doing the kings games for 40 years. Widely considered one of the best in the business.

Also Bob is very fair and balanced.

Bob Cole is also 80 something and is widely considered the best in the business. Doesn't make him any better now.

ProspectsSTC

Jul 12, 2014
Pittsburgh and Colorado are the worst

I love Jack Edwards, he actually brings excitement when an opponent does something worth taking about

Agreed, even as a Montreal fan, I think Jack Edwards might be my favourite in the game. Very knowledgeable, exciting, and gets excited about the other team's plays too

Reactions: Jtown

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Agreed, even as a Montreal fan, I think Jack Edwards might be my favourite in the game. Very knowledgeable, exciting, and gets excited about the other team's plays too

yep, people might dislike him for his views or things he's said on the air, but he's actually very entertaining to listen to and he shows equal emotion in his calls for the oppo. team.

This is why the ducks tv guys are the worst.

Reactions: Dialamo

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
yep, people might dislike him for his views or things he's said on the air, but he's actually very entertaining to listen to and he shows equal emotion in his calls for the oppo. team.

This is why the ducks tv guys are the worst.

Edwards may be fair in judgement until a fight or hit occurs...then it's all Boston bias be damned. Not sure how anyone can watch a Boston dight and find Edwards free of hometown judgement. Lucic is 5639-0 in fights according to edwards...exaggeration...slightly

Reactions: NickH8 and maxbme

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad